PVP Related Arguement Pertaining to MODS

Topics related to Second Age
Scienter

Re: PVP Related Arguement Pertaining to MODS

Post by Scienter »

I can see eye to eye with Wire the more I think about it. It's not a big deal.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I don't use tree hack for one reason. Its ugly as f to run around a world full of stumps. The unattractiveness of Wire's mod goes without saying. I do have to giggle a little when ole Wire claims he doesn't use it to up his game at all... Personally, I don't have a problem with anyone using mods which change the graphics. It's the assistants for UO (other than Razor) which are the real crutches that should be avoided... IF one has any sense of fair play.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:I think the major CON was not listed which is

1. Makes people think we are playing on some trammel, candy floss / OSI style shard when they see videos/photos and it turns them away.
yep. i wouldn't even have started playing here if i saw these cheesy mods. i think a ton of people watching the youtube videos posted have been turned away by the stupid blue fireballs and blue hallies. it looks like every other gay server out there. there's no nostalgia w/ that nonsense. that's what most of us came here for who were lucky (or unlucky) enough to be sucked into UO.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

As I have stated before: Derrick and Co. allow (or really can't police) client mods. However, they have clearly stated that they'd arther NOT HAVE IMAGES OF PEOPLE USING MODS POSTED.
Derrick wrote:There's currently no policy fobidding tree-hack either, but I would prefer not to have tree-hack screenshots in the forums.
I don't know, and am just guessing here, but I'd assume he'd also prefer not to have client mods posted in YouTube.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

to clarify: it's not the people using the mods i have a problem with. use away. it's the videos being posted that most definitely scares away future customers. same goes for treehacks. i know it can't be controlled but goddamn that looks ugly. this game is about an adventure not treestumps.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Matty wrote:to clarify: it's not the people using the mods i have a problem with. use away. it's the videos being posted that most definitely scares away future customers. same goes for treehacks. i know it can't be controlled but goddamn that looks ugly. this game is about an adventure not treestumps.
Amen.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

last thing i'll say:

i bounced from server to server before i found UOSA. when i got here, it was as advertised. almost perfect. almost instantly i got murked at the GY farming skeletons with a shitload of wirey, transparent looking ebolt things by MHK and was like "hell yeah i finally found the right server." the problem is we're not even advertising the right way. even though those ebolts may look pathetic, that's what killed you back then. not a blue fireball.

if i could, i'd ban all mods including treehacks but i can't. i like having everyone here. every time an image or a video without trees or with tweaks/mods is posted, we are turning away people that would otherwise join. i know this because there's dozens of servers i didn't stay on because something was off. on one server, characters ran too fast- on another, the brit bank looked like trammel on meth, another you could cast with weapons on, another everyone had blessed items, another everyone had crazy colored skin and mounts. think of how picky us gamers are! i'd rather go play BF3 or COD than get into that nonsense.

even if it's a sick PVP battle, if there are any mods that don't replicate how it was, it's not worth posting if you want a full, active server with noobs noobing out.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

I stopped using treehack because it was cheap and also made the game look ugly. It's still possible to be a teleport ring king and not use treehack, practice makes perfect.

The only mods I'm for are ones that put old school art back into the client which is sweet.

Old school trees and house art:

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

Halbu wrote:I stopped using treehack because it was cheap and also made the game look ugly. It's still possible to be a teleport ring king and not use treehack, practice makes perfect.

The only mods I'm for are ones that put old school art back into the client which is sweet.

Old school trees and house art:

Woaw! Just wow!
Uo graphic can that even be talked about in 2013? is that why we play ?

Whats next halbu you going to play without razor?

For all i care this is something that is up to the single player to deside if they wanna use it or not, for me its pretty simply if people use it then i wanna use it to.

Its not illagal to use since nothing can be done about it. So as people said to me when talking about a even bigger subject like housekilllins "LOS" " Deal with it or leave" same goes here. "use it or dont "

LOS could be fixed but in this case GMs cant prevent people from useing mods.

I would consider stopping makin videos if Derrcik wrote me personly and said he felt it ruin his shard and asked me to stop.

My videos is for the Uo PvPers lookin for a shard with action. Trees and old roof top graphics uhmm il leave that to the Roleplayers.

Some of you guys sound like old grandpaps +50?
and hey whats with the newbies in a 15 year old game "go figure" no thx :wink:

era accuracy : go buy a modem/isdn or hey play with utorrent on download =P
“Sir, we're surrounded!” - “Excellent. Now we can attack in any direction!”

Majestic YouTube Channel
A Ulitma Online channel a tribute to Ultima Online! The Best game ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MajesticUOIPY

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

No one cares who uses which crutch client mod. The fact remains... Wire, your client looks like total dog excrement. If I was a lost UOer looking for a new home, and my first and only glimpse of UOSA was that eyesore mod, I'd move on and never look back. Just sayin.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Nicci

Post by Nicci »

I would like to direct everyone's custom Mod'd clients to this thread: viewtopic.php?p=96062#p96062

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Lol, wire has a point. It's not like Picasso had a hand in drawing the same 4 identical trees we have come to know and love.

Sorry wire I didn't know the scrutiny this thread would create.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

MajesticWire wrote:
[Uhh] Eo wrote:I'm gonna refrain from posting screenshots of me killing you in an effort to keep this thread on subject and cause there isn't enough space. I told you not to get mad!
I dont think people care about your Screenshots from Sw war mate sorry to say, so yeah lets stay on the subject. =P
Oh lawd, he just wont drop it. Go start a trash talk thread if you want to talk about how I'm the King of Server Wars.

Let me explain it with a little analogy.

Imagine if there was some fan of McDonalds.. and he started posting videos on YouTube of him enjoying McDonalds.. but because he is also a fan of penises, when he gets home he swaps the meat patties for penises.
People watch the videos and go 'Ohh!!! What the hell are those floppy dicks in his burger? DO NOT WANT" - and he is all "What is your problem, this is just McDonalds?"..
This guy has every right to switch out his meat pattie for a penis and to still call it McDonalds
But if someone is looking for a burger and they see his videos, they're gonna get the impression that McDonald's sell dick sandwiches, instead.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

Abyz wrote:No one cares who uses which crutch client mod. The fact remains... Wire, your client looks like total dog excrement. If I was a lost UOer looking for a new home, and my first and only glimpse of UOSA was that eyesore mod, I'd move on and never look back. Just sayin.

Hahaha fucking hater.. Die more damn newbie!

Many people wants to get the mod and others just wanna die in the video. i know witch one u are.
Last edited by MajesticWire on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Majestic YouTube Channel

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:
MajesticWire wrote:
[Uhh] Eo wrote:I'm gonna refrain from posting screenshots of me killing you in an effort to keep this thread on subject and cause there isn't enough space. I told you not to get mad!
I dont think people care about your Screenshots from Sw war mate sorry to say, so yeah lets stay on the subject. =P
Oh lawd, he just wont drop it. Go start a trash talk thread if you want to talk about how I'm the King of Server Wars.

Let me explain it with a little analogy.

Imagine if there was some fan of McDonalds.. and he started posting videos on YouTube of him enjoying McDonalds.. but because he is also a fan of penises, when he gets home he swaps the meat patties for penises.
People watch the videos and go 'Ohh!!! What the hell are those floppy dicks in his burger? DO NOT WANT" - and he is all "What is your problem, this is just McDonalds?"..
This guy has every right to switch out his meat pattie for a penis and to still call it McDonalds
But if someone is looking for a burger and they see his videos, they're gonna get the impression that McDonald's sell dick sandwiches, instead.
I actually dropped it, but u you kinda picked it up again here..

Rofl Eo what happend here ? you hungry ? dicks and mac d sounds like youre talking about your breakfast and not UO !

Majestic YouTube Channel