God Effin Dammit

Topics related to Second Age
Happy Gilmore

Re: God Effin Dammit

Post by Happy Gilmore »

I wouldnt consider it a resource, but why does that guy have to walk around...put a freeze on him like the town crier or let you sell it by using the "vendor sell" option

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Era accurate I suppose to have him all hopped up like a bunny, romping around, just to make life a little more difficult for the decent folk in town.

Whoever the fucker is who took my deed, give it back, and on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. Which is nice.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Budner wrote:Here's the thing, I KNEW people were doing this, so I was being careful. It's not a new scam. But I still can't figure it out. If I hand the deed to the NPC, I get the money. If I hand it to a non-NPC, I should get a trade window. Neither of these things happened. Which leaves a third possibility, which is that I "missed" the NPC/non-NPC and dropped the deed. But like I said I was consciously careful ..... I know I dragged that deed onto a character and it dropped anyway.

Pretty sure it was scavenged, just the way the deed was sort of swept away.

Here's a question - if you're waiting for deeds to drop AFK, isn't that unattended resource gathering? And if so, shouldn't it be bannable?
hmm...if I camped the mage shops with a scavenger agent set to pick up regs, etc from people who buy over the weight limit [I've done this!]...would this also be considered unattended resource gathering? Hmmmmm....you raise an interesting point, but my guess is no...there seems to be a certain selectivity to what is considered a 'resource' around here...

As to the HOW of your missing deed...when it happened to me, same thing. I am VERY careful to drop ON the NPC...when it happened I stood there to examine the situation for a sec [i really did think it a clever ruse and so wasn't real butthurt about the loss...I'm weird like that...I'd have felt differently about an L deed]

at least in Brit Carp shop the setup I saw was this...the 'scavenger' and the NPC are always behind the crates to the right of the door. This forces the 'Dropper' to be 2 tiles away from both of them on the other side of the crates.

What I believe is that this is outside the 1-tile 'whisper' radius and he is [macroing?] a whispered 'move' command to the NPC which, because its a whisper you won't see it, forcing random, and very unfortunate NPC stepping...he probably misses a lot that get dropped correctly as the NPC won't always move right when commanded, but when we're talking castle deed etc...how many does he really need to 'get' to put food on the table :)

Just what my thought was when it happened to me...
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I was always under the impression that a "resource" being gathered unattended has to be directly spawned from the game environment itself and not from other players.
Now there are circumstances where certain actions are still considered "illegal" even if an item wasn't directly spawned from the game environment (like a miner dropping his ore o the ground and leaving it) because of the presumption that another character of the same player could come along and gather the ore. This circumstance naturally could never be applied to the gathering of deeds though.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Wil

Post by Wil »

Missy B wrote:its kinda annnoying how that npc guy moves so often and randomly
Walk next to any NPC and say "hello." If you said it while they were on an adjacent tile, they'll stop and look at you... and stay that way until someone else talks to them or you move more than one tile away.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

The oOo wrote:
Budner wrote:Here's the thing, I KNEW people were doing this, so I was being careful. It's not a new scam. But I still can't figure it out. If I hand the deed to the NPC, I get the money. If I hand it to a non-NPC, I should get a trade window. Neither of these things happened. Which leaves a third possibility, which is that I "missed" the NPC/non-NPC and dropped the deed. But like I said I was consciously careful ..... I know I dragged that deed onto a character and it dropped anyway.

Pretty sure it was scavenged, just the way the deed was sort of swept away.

Here's a question - if you're waiting for deeds to drop AFK, isn't that unattended resource gathering? And if so, shouldn't it be bannable?
hmm...if I camped the mage shops with a scavenger agent set to pick up regs, etc from people who buy over the weight limit [I've done this!]...would this also be considered unattended resource gathering? Hmmmmm....you raise an interesting point, but my guess is no...there seems to be a certain selectivity to what is considered a 'resource' around here...

As to the HOW of your missing deed...when it happened to me, same thing. I am VERY careful to drop ON the NPC...when it happened I stood there to examine the situation for a sec [i really did think it a clever ruse and so wasn't real butthurt about the loss...I'm weird like that...I'd have felt differently about an L deed]

at least in Brit Carp shop the setup I saw was this...the 'scavenger' and the NPC are always behind the crates to the right of the door. This forces the 'Dropper' to be 2 tiles away from both of them on the other side of the crates.

What I believe is that this is outside the 1-tile 'whisper' radius and he is [macroing?] a whispered 'move' command to the NPC which, because its a whisper you won't see it, forcing random, and very unfortunate NPC stepping...he probably misses a lot that get dropped correctly as the NPC won't always move right when commanded, but when we're talking castle deed etc...how many does he really need to 'get' to put food on the table :)

Just what my thought was when it happened to me...
THAT is a high quality response +1.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

What i said on page 1 and you wont ever fail to leave the deeds..

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

The main issue is that NPCs here can both turn and walk forward at the same time, thus you can never block them bodily (with a warning before they move tiles) without completely cornering them. Town NPCs also tend to be a bit... ADHD... Between the two, it's a dodgy situation to drop deeds without completely boxing them, or being very sure no one is in the area.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

you dont need to box him

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

I just put the bum of my horse behind the NPC, and drop so that if they randomly move I'd be dropping on my horse bum.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Peetrik

Post by Peetrik »

There are several carpenters, always use the one less traveled.