You sure got him!! Hee hee hee!

Capitalist

Re: The square of death.

Post by Capitalist »

Rammar wrote:
Capitalist wrote:The square of Flea.

You got me!

Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Rammar wrote:
Capitalist wrote:The square of Flea.

The view from the window proves it.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I agree with pretty much everything apocalypse said. I absolutely LOVE Roses idea of a modified capture the flag type game with PVP combat at its core.

The real reason I think we have a hard time keeping people is:

1. The harshness of the world, which vets can help with and with a little time and a few coins. I’d argue throwing a few more coins in their purse on startup wouldn’t hurt anything even if it isn’t era accurate.

2. D-bags making life miserable for new people by killing them when macroing in town (as this is the only option until you can afford a house). Vets can ease this a bit, but they need to dig deeper into their coin purse and invest even more time.

3. Other shard tactics. Within two days of my joining back in Septemberish, I had an e-mail in my forum mail box telling me of how wonderful this other shard is and how much they would love to have me join them. The letter had a very welcoming feel to it, and could easily sway most.

As a shard we are unwilling to even send out a friggin newsletter to people who have signed on to join this very forum. Other shards are creating accounts here with the express purpose of searching for our new people and trying to recruit them to their shard before they get hooked.

We aren’t playing by the same rules, and as such we are losing. When you bring a dagger to a wizard fight, you can pretty much count on losing. We might want to at least put a little poison on the dagger or something… Just sayin.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Ali

Post by Ali »

WarmApplepie wrote:I've lived in an L shape then moved to a patio for my entire time playing here. Never have I ever been LOS house killed. I really don't understand the issue.

^
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
The Internet giveth and the Internet taketh away.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

I'm all for a newsletter, a CTF arena and boom ran events. With the help of twitch streams by a handful of players as well as youtube videos that are well put together we are just starting to tap into advertising.

And it's paying off, numerous times people have asked on Vegas stream what shard he was playing on and asked for more info.

I do agree tho that we need some sort of new team style event to spruce things up. CTF has been asked for by many and I can see it being a blast with staffs help. Bagball has ran its course as you can tell with how long it takes to fill even 6 players.

Side note I played for 3 or 4 hrs last night and had constant action. Got my chit pushed in hard but at least I had a blast. So don't tell me no one plays
Last edited by WarmApplepie on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 automated with regular matches and a myuosa record system would be ideal...

Also a newsletter would be neat!

bigbob

Post by bigbob »

Abyz wrote:1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 automated with regular matches and a myuosa record system would be ideal...

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Abyz wrote:1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 automated with regular matches and a myuosa record system would be ideal...

That's very true.

Just a thought: Why is Sandro or whoever now forever #1 in tournaments on uosa?

Why would scheduled modern automated weekly tournaments be such a bad thing?

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I can't speak about Sandro, but this link provides most of what you want to know about UOSA's stances on automated events.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... hor_id=930
^

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

While looking through a thread in the search results linked above, I found some interesting quotes.

Derrick was OK with these events (and I know there's more supporting evidence of this on the forums)
Derrick wrote:100% mechanically, with the possible exception of off map game type events

(just my vote)

Malice wants 100% accuracy.
malice-tg wrote:all the way!

btw the ostard thing as i recall only was a problem at the begining of t2a when people would teleport over and be riding air.

after they patched as i recall everyone could see them
Side note: This proves that Malice is not Derrick as many speculate!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:While looking through a thread in the search results linked above, I found some interesting quotes.

Derrick was OK with these events (and I know there's more supporting evidence of this on the forums)
Derrick wrote:100% mechanically, with the possible exception of off map game type events

(just my vote)

Malice wants 100% accuracy.
malice-tg wrote:all the way!

btw the ostard thing as i recall only was a problem at the begining of t2a when people would teleport over and be riding air.

after they patched as i recall everyone could see them
Side note: This proves that Malice is not Derrick as many speculate!
We already knew Derrick wasn't Malice because people have met Derrick and Derrick is not a 6000 year old Asian human/demon hybrid.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Malice is a human/spirit of metal hybrid... Very rare.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Treysta wrote:I can't speak about Sandro, but this link provides most of what you want to know about UOSA's stances on automated events.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... hor_id=930

I understand and have read through many many many threads about automated events over the years they have been gone.

It was more of a rhetorical question rather than beating a dead horse... plus a stab at the bad logic of having someone now forever #1.

There are obsolete rankings and information scattered throughout the UOSA community.

Why would a modern scheduled weekly automated tournament be a bad thing?
It's a far cry from the steady events that use to occur plus I think the GMs could use a break too.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

(just my vote)
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?