Events and Skill Gain

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Events and Skill Gain

Post by Teknix »

yeah im thinking it really doesn't matter in the long run. how many hours per week can somebody gain skill during events? 3, 4? dont think its a big problem, but it could be fixed in the future
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Teknix wrote:yeah im thinking it really doesn't matter in the long run. how many hours per week can somebody gain skill during events? 3, 4? dont think its a big problem, but it could be fixed in the future
Or, how many dedicated players can be screwed in events with random team rebalances -and getting stuck with the newbie legally exploiting, casting reveal, instead of actually partaking in the event....?.
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

venox wrote:
RoadKill wrote:
venox wrote:i oppose this idea.
i would only agree to it if macroing was disabled.
its not like gain at events is that significant, infact it is so minimal when compared to macroing
and they are also participating in a server event. playing with other players, as opposed to macroing skills in a safe house.

but yea players macroing in event for 15min wtf cheap arses.

The real question should be, why SHOULD they allow free skill gains in events? Not why shouldn't they.

As for multiclienting/AFK players, that's a little easier to deal with, page in game or in IRC and most of the time someone is available to remove the offender
i stated why i think it should be allowed.
since in uo you gain skills by using them, wouldnt actually using skills in an event be considering using the skill for its purpose? as oppose to macroing?
. gaining 0.1 resist in an event is cool!
I agree with this... It's an "event" so why wouldn't you gain, you are still in game. Even if events aren't era accurate and have no place in this shard what so ever, you might as well be able to gain too. Also, if you do an "era accurate event" such as saving someone's wife from the raging brigands, you still gain.

As far ask AFk macro goes, that's lame, and like already stated above just page about those damn noeds.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Flash Hardstar wrote:
Teknix wrote:yeah im thinking it really doesn't matter in the long run. how many hours per week can somebody gain skill during events? 3, 4? dont think its a big problem, but it could be fixed in the future
Or, how many dedicated players can be screwed in events with random team rebalances -and getting stuck with the newbie legally exploiting, casting reveal, instead of actually partaking in the event....?.
I think events all together are lame... They weren't even included in T2A!!!

So I will come out as saying, anything to discourage these events, be it by newbies griefing you trophy whores. F-it let it happen!

Yar!