-F- Requesting Add-ons. Duel Pit

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should -F- Be Allowed their Duel Pit?

Yes
30%
No
61%
I don't care.
9%

Total votes: 87

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: -F- Requesting Add-ons. Duel Pit

Post by Ardos »

Mr.Snuggles wrote:I think this sounds like a great Idea. Just another community for people to gather and attract both pvp and spectators alike. The optimized abilities of player run events with the added duel pit would allow for a smoother more enjoyable downtime between server hosted events.

This would allow sanctioned fights to be held outside of the norm. Whats wrong with more variety? Another rune to add when looking for fights is never a bad thing is it?
This is exactly the way I feel about it! Thanks for the positive feedback Snuggles, hopefully others see things like you.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

How is yet another duel pit going to increase pvp?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

son wrote:How is yet another duel pit going to increase pvp?

It will be a duel pit anyone can use except for during events. It will be a place for players to practice their skills. It will allow more player run events. Certain players like my entire guild and most the other good pvp guilds enjoy being able to play events where they can win money + showcase their skills at the same time.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Ardos wrote:

It will be a duel pit anyone can use except for during events. It will be a place for players to practice their skills. It will allow more player run events. Certain players like my entire guild and most the other good pvp guilds enjoy being able to play events where they can win money + showcase their skills at the same time.

As much as I love the PvP game, another duel pit will do nothing, having an arena in your town won't be any different than the 15 already in game. Hosting events just so you can get town add ons doesn't really fly to well in most peoples books.

I think more people are against it mainly because when -F- came here, they were all about helping themselves and pretty much were like fuck the community. Most/All the guilds who have towns had/have a very active playerbase, who either hosts events, helps out the community, or helps out new players every chance they get, I'm sure if people saw -F- doing this, they'd gladly change there minds.

Just bringing PvP to the shard is a small part of what really goes on, as you can see PvPers are a minority amongst all the PvMers, so more PvP events will only keep the 15 or so active PvPers *on at any given time* occupied, while the 200 or so PvMers are stuck doing nothing but provoing things onto each other, and Eving LL's.

A few things you can try and do to make your "rep" more positive, is going on the dungeon crawls, most of the times they contain alot of newbied players, what you can do is "protect" those newbied players from the griefers and gank squads who run around and try and ruin the events.
HI IM MIKE wrote:tears down my face fucking asian faggots
Comments like that also drive away people from wanting to even vote in your favor, This isn't the trash talk forums, rules need to be followed when outside of it.

Most of the guilds here that i know of, had established there guild long before they got any guild addons, so don't expect this arena to be approved so quickly, give it a month or two, then try again and see how everything stands out then, and aslong as you're doing positive things for the shard, it's almost guarenteed that you'll get your Duel Pit
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

Cataclyst wrote:
Ardos wrote:

As much as I love the PvP game, another duel pit will do nothing, having an arena in your town won't be any different than the 15 already in game. Hosting events just so you can get town add ons doesn't really fly to well in most peoples books.

I think more people are against it mainly because when -F- came here, they were all about helping themselves and pretty much were like fuck the community. Most/All the guilds who have towns had/have a very active playerbase, who either hosts events, helps out the community, or helps out new players every chance they get, I'm sure if people saw -F- doing this, they'd gladly change there minds.

Just bringing PvP to the shard is a small part of what really goes on, as you can see PvPers are a minority amongst all the PvMers, so more PvP events will only keep the 15 or so active PvPers *on at any given time* occupied, while the 200 or so PvMers are stuck doing nothing but provoing things onto each other, and Eving LL's.

A few things you can try and do to make your "rep" more positive, is going on the dungeon crawls, most of the times they contain alot of newbied players, what you can do is "protect" those newbied players from the griefers and gank squads who run around and try and ruin the events.
HI IM MIKE wrote:tears down my face fucking asian faggots
Comments like that also drive away people from wanting to even vote in your favor, This isn't the trash talk forums, rules need to be followed when outside of it.

Most of the guilds here that i know of, had established there guild long before they got any guild addons, so don't expect this arena to be approved so quickly, give it a month or two, then try again and see how everything stands out then, and aslong as you're doing positive things for the shard, it's almost guarenteed that you'll get your Duel Pit
We have been contributing to the community pvp wise and in other aspects of the game.Last time we went to a dungeon crawl we were resing the new players and killing the pks that tried to kill them,when we first came here we tried to host a tourney but nobody came thats not our fault,and the story behind the keep deed is only i was going to quit and maybe finesse, mostly becasue i put in 400k towards the keep which was all my money and cba to work that all up again it would be just a waste of time.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Great, so you're on the right path of things, but a serious question

Do you honestly think that your guild deserves a town add on, after your brief period here and your rep towards most people?

A town add on isn't free, it costs money.. Every tile every board all of that.
If you can't be bothered to get 400k, how do you expect to get the money to purchase the add on for the town and maintain everything?

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

Cataclyst wrote:Great, so you're on the right path of things, but a serious question

Do you honestly think that your guild deserves a town add on, after your brief period here and your rep towards most people?

A town add on isn't free, it costs money.. Every tile every board all of that.
If you can't be bothered to get 400k, how do you expect to get the money to purchase the add on for the town and maintain everything?
Well imo 400k by yourself is alot of work :/ but if our guild all chipped in im sure we could gather enough resources pretty quick.. We arent asking people for much its just a duel arena that we would use to do player run events etc why are people being so negative towards the idea? You arent the ones paying for it, you dont have to duel there if u dont want thats fine with us.The only people that are saying no i bet are people that we pvp against because we kill them and talk trash but thats part of pvp and all guilds do it.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

You definetly have the wrong attitude towards peoples votes, To be quite honest people can care less if you kill them or not and talk shit about it. Couldn't your guild of chipped in when you lost the keep deed rather than immediately rage and threaten to quit? It's the same concept.

Sure, they aren't paying for anything.. but they do decide, or atleast get a say, in if they think you deserve an add on or not, whatever it may be. Any add on is a serious thing, as it will effect everyone.

People could argue that another duel arena will just draw more players away from the current arenas. Having 5 Arenas on a shard is much better than having 100. There is no reason why you can't use existing arenas to duel. You'll get griefers no matter what you do. Your guild has been here for a month/two max? Have established your rep as shit talkers, have barely helped out the community at all.

All that most people are asking for is to work on changing your rep, help out people outside of your group of friends *the crawl is a great start already*. Getting your guild to stop trash talking outside of the trash talk forums, would be a great start as well.

Trying to get an add on so early into the development of your guild is almost like asking for special treatment. Every add on effects the game play, until you can make people think that your guild, -F-, deserves town add ons, no ones answer will change.

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

Well you gotta understand when we first came here everybody was trash talking us and everybody accused us of cheating so there was no way we planned on being nice to people when were constantly getting griefed for no reason.I could care less if TG,+- or any other guild wanted a duel arena i would vote yes if they paid for it and actually used it to contribute to the shard.All these other guilds have duel arenas and they never host tourneys..why do they have duel arenas and we cant?

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

All of these guilds got there arenas/town add ons before the new system was implemented (the player decision system), Also I remember ACE holding a couple of events, TB has had a few at our arena as well.

I think what you need to do Chad-, is to understand the system and the reasonings behind it all, voting yes just so someone can have something is a stupid thing to do.

Also, when you guys first came here it was nothing but "OMG WE R DA BEST" an "UR MUM" constantly in every thread you guys went it, so peoples hate towards you is justified

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

Cataclyst wrote:All of these guilds got there arenas/town add ons before the new system was implemented (the player decision system), Also I remember ACE holding a couple of events, TB has had a few at our arena as well.

I think what you need to do Chad-, is to understand the system and the reasonings behind it all, voting yes just so someone can have something is a stupid thing to do.

Also, when you guys first came here it was nothing but "OMG WE R DA BEST" an "UR MUM" constantly in every thread you guys went it, so peoples hate towards you is justified
but they done nothing lately they should have to host stuff regulary if they wanna keep there precious add ons.its stupid that people take trash talk on forums so serious :/ i have no hate towards anyone on this game i play for fun.Youll definitely see us contributing more to the shard, hopefully people change there minds.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Chad, you realize that the town you guys are currently taking over, was inactive for along time? Guess that means that those add ons that you guys are taking over should be removed? After all, you were never given permission to use the town, never transferred any of the houses, just taking it over as houses fall - so you have no right to the add ons.. should those be removed as well as the arenas and whatnot?

People WILL change there minds, if you contribute to the shard, unless they are a bunch of biased idiots who hate you just because you trash talk, which I highly doubt thats the case for most of the no's.

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

Cataclyst wrote:Chad, you realize that the town you guys are currently taking over, was inactive for along time? Guess that means that those add ons that you guys are taking over should be removed? After all, you were never given permission to use the town, never transferred any of the houses, just taking it over as houses fall - so you have no right to the add ons.. should those be removed as well as the arenas and whatnot?

People WILL change there minds, if you contribute to the shard, unless they are a bunch of biased idiots who hate you just because you trash talk, which I highly doubt thats the case for most of the no's.
We talked to the gm of the guild and he sold us some of the houses we didnt just take it over we just placed over the houses that already fell..

farnk

Post by farnk »

Wise wrote:
farnk wrote: Because you dislike us? that's not really a valid opinion.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6439
3. The main purpose of player towns is to promote active communities and create activity in different areas of our world. This is the key element to obtaining any special add-ons to your city. This means you will need to promote your guild within the community with things such as events, quests, fight nights, anything that will spread your guilds name in a positive way within second age. Because in the end it will be your co-players choice whether or not you get add-ons.

I am pretty sure it is a valid opinion.
So you're saying that we aren't promoting "positively" ? What has -F- brought? PvP and shittalk. That is a big part of the game bro. A big positive tbh.
kthxbai

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

farnk wrote: So you're saying that we aren't promoting "positively" ? What has -F- brought? PvP and shittalk. That is a big part of the game bro. A big positive tbh.
kthxbai
Winning people over 1 post at a time.