Secure Trading in the Event room.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should trade be disallowed in the event staging rooms?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 46

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Secure Trading in the Event room.

Post by malice-tg »

Derrick wrote:
Kicking people out of the event room would make some sence though.
i would have to disagree i think events are not real so if people need to go afk.. like i do sometimes sneaking an event before i run off to work... you should allow it without them dying if it doesnt end in a reasonable amount of time.

even more rational would be losing con in an event and dying after being removed from a fake world.

if the no trade thing is code intensive i wouldnt worry about it. its not that important really.
however i did think it was lame to trade items in an event that you cant even use all your spells in.

paralyse in events !:)

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

I think the event join room should not have trammel rules. It should simply be like any other guarded area on T2A. If people want to wait in safety they can always goto a quiet area outside the event room and wait to be auto pulled to the event. I see no reason why we need trammel rules in the event lobby...

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Hernando_Kortez wrote:I think the event join room should not have trammel rules. It should simply be like any other guarded area on T2A. If people want to wait in safety they can always goto a quiet area outside the event room and wait to be auto pulled to the event. I see no reason why we need trammel rules in the event lobby...
Well the point is to allow people to get equipped (sometimes with high-value items, vanqs ect) in a secure location that sets the events apart from the rest of the game. I agree with this, but if you wait around in the event room you will see a couple afk-players (fine np), some murderers macroing off counts (mabye an issue to some?), and 2 or 3 people trading "rares" and such (The issue this thread tackles). These people did NOT come to enter the event, or participate in any fashion.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Hernando_Kortez wrote:I think the event join room should not have trammel rules. It should simply be like any other guarded area on T2A. If people want to wait in safety they can always goto a quiet area outside the event room and wait to be auto pulled to the event. I see no reason why we need trammel rules in the event lobby...
You can't make it a guard zone because reds come to events.

Yoda

Post by Yoda »

One problem you would run into with this is mass amounts of theives in the room, stealing all of one reg, or armor or a hally leaving many people in the event with no way to fight or defend themselves. But its an accurate game mechanic working as intended you say? Thats true, but with how the event system works, you cant just run to the bank, or mage shop and restock and then jump right back in like you can in regular game play. Would kinda take the point out of the events.
<@SecondAge> Several Lichs have been spotted in the Britain Graveyard.
<@SecondAge> The cause is unknown and several townspeople were seen fleeing in fear
<Vintirex-droid> Several townspeople, Not a big enough problem imo