Voting for your #1 Shard.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should an in-game voting system be implemented?

Yes
78%
No
4%
Not in-game, but i like the idea for the web site.
19%

Total votes: 27

Daltrey

Re: Voting for your #1 Shard.

Post by Daltrey »

Is there any way that a [vote command could be scripted to automatically open a browser window (or multiple tabs) to the voting sites?

Lots of people never use the forum or IRC, so it seems to me that any ingame reminder would be the best option.

Either way, I've noticed on my voting runs that Second Age has climbed quite a bit since the recent forum threads reminding people to vote! :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. I just noticed that myself, we haven't been in the top ten on JoinUO.com for a while now. It's good to see.

A vote command can be put in. I guess i will do that. I'll open it to the forum thread on voting which lists all the sites.

It's worth mentioning that the TOS for most of these sites forbid sending the user right from game to site, and that some votes will not be counted without a valid referrer.

aXe

Post by aXe »

Awesome derrick, hopefully we can get to #1 where we belong.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Guess which shard is now #1 on JoinUO?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks guys :)
The [vote command went in this morn, it just takes you to the list of vote sites in forums, but seems legitimate to me.

I'm really happy to see us more towards to top of these sites. We do get a lot of players from the sites, especially on Gamesites200, and it helps with out google placement as well.