[era accuracy] stuck option

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: [era accuracy] stuck option

Post by Silverfoot »

Batlin wrote:
If you log out inside a house that you have no relation with and log back in, you will be outside the house.
True, but it isn't insta-log off. It's 5 minutes I believe, enough time to become a ghost, right?
No, logging back in will eject you from the house, your character doesn't have to wait the 5 minutes to actually log out. I'm not saying this is accurate, I'm just saying this is how it currently works on the shard.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

No, logging back in will eject you from the house, your character doesn't have to wait the 5 minutes to actually log out. I'm not saying this is accurate, I'm just saying this is how it currently works on the shard.
Um yes. I forgot about that one.

Anyways, keep the stuck option in please until we have GM's that are on during European play times too. If I happen to get stuck on a sunday morning I don't want to wait till it is midday for a GM to come rescue me. The time difference is about 5 hours with Derrick's time zone.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Do that many people really get stuck?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Eulogy wrote:Do that many people really get stuck?
They do, late 6.x client versions have map differences that cause people to get stuck in the map, often in Tera Keep, Wind and some outside areas of T2A, especially near the Brit sewer passage, oh and Hyth as well.

I'm doing some brainstorming on how we might accomodate an automated stuck option without having an abusable option such as this, but as has been said, this option is not really a house issue as the same thing can be accomplished in different ways.

Nothing says T2A like being stuck on a small island.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

You can be killed in a friends' (or others' for you spies) house as a ghost by locked down items. Or in a place after someone or thing stole all your regs or looted your corpse. There are moongates and rune libraries everywhere. If you ask the right person a gate to practically anywhere is available. I think a twice a day free pass for newbs and non mages isn't really a pressing issue.
The scope of travel is very limited and if PK's find a newb in town and knows he can't go anywhere else without assistance they are going to reap everything that the new char has whenever he/she goes out to build up their character. Like when I started out in Vesper. I died so many times and without a mount there was no escape. I didn't know about the stuck feature until I found it looking into all the sub windows.
Another thing, newer players might choose the wrong starter city and might need to go somewhere they can develop the areas they want to.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

Derrick wrote:
Eulogy wrote:Do that many people really get stuck?
They do, late 6.x client versions have map differences that cause people to get stuck in the map, often in Tera Keep, Wind and some outside areas of T2A, especially near the Brit sewer passage, oh and Hyth as well.
Yeah, thanks for the save Derrick :mrgreen:

The way the help option works is fine.
noxmonk wrote:Do you really want Matron gating people into a house and leaving them there with no place to go for hours?
QFT lmao

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Why can't it be so that the help stuck option functions as normal when using it outside a house, even if you are inside a house? Then people couldn't teleport outside their houses for free, while hidden even.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

It's a perfect day for letting go
For setting fire to bridges,boats, and other dreary worlds you know
l
"Doing the Unstuck" The Cure

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Eulogy wrote:Why can't it be so that the help stuck option functions as normal when using it outside a house, even if you are inside a house? Then people couldn't teleport outside their houses for free, while hidden even.
I was stealing from a miner today, he came on an alt and chased me off. I then tracked him for several screens and found him as he "help-teleported" away into town. This is annoying to me.