bring em back

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: bring em back

Post by Budner »

Kaivan wrote:The answer is still the same as before: We will not be bringing the old event system back in any capacity. You'll find that position shared by all the staff members.
Let me be a little kid for a second .......... why?

Seriously. It is a time issue, or a era accuracy issue, or what?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Accuracy is the most major component of why the old event system won't come back. There was never a time during the era when players were transported to a little hermetically sealed environment where they could enjoy a part of the game without interference. Beyond that, there are various issues that have been brought up and have contributed to the opinions of different staff members. I'll let them speak on their opinions if they choose to.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Ohm wrote:So how about a new system?
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Kaivan wrote:The answer is still the same as before: We will not be bringing the old event system back in any capacity. You'll find that position shared by all the staff members.

So all those things that were said in this thread by the gm were just bs?

Glad so many people took the time to answer them honestly and put thought into them.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Kaivan wrote:Accuracy is the most major component of why the old event system won't come back. There was never a time during the era when players were transported to a little hermetically sealed environment where they could enjoy a part of the game without interference. Beyond that, there are various issues that have been brought up and have contributed to the opinions of different staff members. I'll let them speak on their opinions if they choose to.

Please. I welcome all staff members to provide their opinion as to why the players of this shard can not have what they desire. Why, ultimately, is disagreeing with the populace a good thing for the health of this shard?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Menkaure wrote:

So all those things that were said in this thread by the gm were just bs?

Glad so many people took the time to answer them honestly and put thought into them.
I'm sorry that you feel that you were inconvenienced and wasted your time by answering a few questions, but we are under no obligation to decide the way you want us to simply because you answered some questions.
Bixby Legbone wrote:
Kaivan wrote:Accuracy is the most major component of why the old event system won't come back. There was never a time during the era when players were transported to a little hermetically sealed environment where they could enjoy a part of the game without interference. Beyond that, there are various issues that have been brought up and have contributed to the opinions of different staff members. I'll let them speak on their opinions if they choose to.

Please. I welcome all staff members to provide their opinion as to why the players of this shard can not have what they desire. Why, ultimately, is disagreeing with the populace a good thing for the health of this shard?
I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

*clears throat*
Ohm wrote:
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Teriyl

Post by Teriyl »

No worries Kaivan, pretty soon there won't be any populace to give a shit about accuracy or anything else.....stay tuned

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Ohm wrote:*clears throat*
Ohm wrote:
Since no concrete parameters have been given, I cannot rule out the possibility of some sort of new system. However, the feasibility of any such system is very low.
Teriyl wrote:No worries Kaivan, pretty soon there won't be any populace to give a shit about accuracy or anything else.....stay tuned
You're certainly entitled to your opinion on the subject.

Teriyl

Post by Teriyl »

Noty opinion, just making an observation based on population numbers trending down.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

And it's your opinion that it's because of the lack of events.

Teriyl

Post by Teriyl »

I don't care about events. ANYTHING to do on the server can't hurt at this point. It's just easier to be passive aggressive to the population on the forums though. Stay classy and accurate there bud.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Kaivan wrote:And it's your opinion that it's because of the lack of events.

I don't know you. However, you're arguing with your player base in place of explaining why they cannot have what they want. There's many things that are NEA that are allowed (trophies, silver turn in system, Halloween trick-or-treating). Shard population is down. What's the solution?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Teriyl wrote:I don't care about events. ANYTHING to do on the server can't hurt at this point. It's just easier to be passive aggressive to the population on the forums though. Stay classy and accurate there bud.
It isn't our responsibility to constantly deliver content for you to interact with. There's a lot out there you can do, and if you don't enjoy it, we can't be responsible for giving you something else to do.

Also, what I or any other GM decides spend time on while on UOSA is not beholden to your desires. If I choose to spend my time communicating on the forum, that is well within my purview to do, and the fact that I'm not spending the time putting together some event for you to do doesn't make it a waste of time, nor passive aggressive.
Bixby Legbone wrote:
Kaivan wrote:And it's your opinion that it's because of the lack of events.

I don't know you. However, you're arguing with your player base in place of explaining why they cannot have what they want. There's many things that are NEA that are allowed (trophies, silver turn in system, Halloween trick-or-treating). Shard population is down. What's the solution?
First, I'm not arguing with the player base. I've already explained why we can't have it, and the examples you've given are not comparable to that explanation. Second, your implication is that our most important goal is shard population, and that the goal of mechanical accuracy comes second to that. In response, I refer you to two posts made by Derrick on the subject. That should more than adequately respond to that question.

Teriyl

Post by Teriyl »

I've said it in both posts and I don't know how many more ways I can say it so let me try to be perfectly clear....I do not give two shits about events or you or any other GM creating a fucking thing. I'm merely making an observation that the population is trending down, and that if it continues to trend the way it has, there won't be anyone left for you to make snyde comments to. So let's be accurate together till all that's left is vega talking to himself about how awesome and rich he is.

Let's review!

Does Teriyl care about events? - Fuck No!

Does Teriyl want Kaivan to do anything for him or the server? - Absolutely not!

I hope I made that clear enough this time, apparently I was vague before.