Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Topics related to Second Age
Jorel

Re: Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Post by Jorel »

Dynastro wrote:I played GL for a long time.

Chara's

Anubis
Dreako
Osiris
Lord Toolman
Abe The Monk
Bob the Mime
Bob the Orc
Squall
Scooby Doo
and a few more. I had multo accounts due to a billing error i never payed to play uo.
Are you saying you were Abe The Monk?

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Jorel wrote:

Chara's

Anubis
Dreako
Osiris
Lord Toolman
Abe The Monk
Bob the Mime
Bob the Orc
Squall
Scooby Doo
and a few more. I had multo accounts due to a billing error i never payed to play uo.
If thats true, thats the same Scooby who bought my first account that had the tower next to Red Devil's auction house!

Jorel

Post by Jorel »

ACE-Onslaught wrote:
Jorel wrote:

Chara's

Anubis
Dreako
Osiris
Lord Toolman
Abe The Monk
Bob the Mime
Bob the Orc
Squall
Scooby Doo
If thats true, thats the same Scooby who bought my first account that had the tower next to Red Devil's auction house!

I doubt thats Larry

Orbis

Post by Orbis »

I played on GL, I was..

Athean - Fencer
Nvvyn - Mage

I was in B^C and a few other guilds. Used to run w/ this guy, his RL name was spencer, cant remember his character name though.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Jorel wrote:
ACE-Onslaught wrote:
Jorel wrote:

Chara's

Anubis
Dreako
Osiris
Lord Toolman
Abe The Monk
Bob the Mime
Bob the Orc
Squall
Scooby Doo

I doubt thats Larry
I doubt Hes the real abe the monk as he did not list walmart employer as one of his characters. Walmart was his main (tank mage - hally), then abe the monk was a medi (q staff medi warr), and scooby came later on (not sure what combat skill he used, jsut had neon hair and was a mage).
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

AbeTheMonk

Post by AbeTheMonk »

Abe here. That guy is not me. Whoever posted about Walmart EmployeR is right - that was one of my first chars. Tons of names and people i remember on here.
Ons - good to see you are still alive. I only really used your account for a little while. (Atilla was a fun char). You ever hear from Sang or Miner? Please tell me that gk actually did die rl (he sucked).

i miss the old GL days.

abe, Scooby Doo, Walmart

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

AbeTheMonk wrote:Abe here. That guy is not me. Whoever posted about Walmart EmployeR is right - that was one of my first chars. Tons of names and people i remember on here.
Ons - good to see you are still alive. I only really used your account for a little while. (Atilla was a fun char). You ever hear from Sang or Miner? Please tell me that gk actually did die rl (he sucked).

i miss the old GL days.

abe, Scooby Doo, Walmart
Hey buddy, I do not talk to Sang or Miner anymore. I do talk to Peon occasionally though (hes on my facebook!)

AbeTheMonk

Post by AbeTheMonk »

Any of you old GL guys still play UO? i stopped about 3 years ago when i got a serious job. Have not had time to get back into it. Is it still fun? And where would you suggest playing (regular EA servers or on here?).

Thanks,

Abe, Scooby Doo, Walmart

Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

Depends what you want. This may be the UO you remember.

OSI UO has large orange ridable beetles that can smelt. SMELT.

Jtrainz

Post by Jtrainz »

Played as Mephisito my main and Sogan my smith, I recognize alot of names but I was pretty small time myself mostly just screwed around and bummed reg money when buds wanted me to roll with them lol, Mostly hung out at the bank in Vesper. I was in a small guild named Last Disciples, Easy E was the guildmaster, Surprised nobody has brought up remembering Crazy pyro, smithing pyro etc. Him and Aragorn are the names that come right to mind when I think back on uo but my memory sucks. Look forward to no doubt getting owned by the majority of you in the server lol.

slappy

Post by slappy »

Jeesh, this thread brings back a bunch of memories, although mostly how much of an asshole I was when I was younger. I was Slappy McHappy from mSt (after a GM changed my name from Humper of Legsly), and until I got banned for something or other.

joojoo|gl

Post by joojoo|gl »

^---- I was in that guys guild.

Name was Mr Joo Joo Bean, played a thief, had purple pig tails and neon blue beard with no stache. Slappy i actually remember meeting you when you were named humper and we were by the moonglow moongate when the counsler changed your name.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

AbeTheMonk wrote:Abe here. That guy is not me. Whoever posted about Walmart EmployeR is right - that was one of my first chars. Tons of names and people i remember on here.

i miss the old GL days.

abe, Scooby Doo, Walmart
I posted about walmart employer :). I never thought I'd see the real walmart employer again. welcome back
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

AbeTheMonk

Post by AbeTheMonk »

Couple of questions;

Can i play this on a Mac?
Is it as fun as UO used to be?
What is the best way to get started?

Thanks,

Abe, Scooby, Walmart

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVfp8E-0MEw <<<< How to play on a mac (quick google if it doesnt work)

Its as fun as UO ever was in my opinion. If you had fun on OSI (which is fairly obvious) youll love it here.

Id say the best way to get started is macro provoke, start with 50 magery 50 resist or med.

I have some smalls if you need a safe place to macro till your on your feet.