Stables

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
iamreallysquall

Re: Stables

Post by iamreallysquall »

Mikel123 wrote:
Loathed wrote:OR, we could just go the accurate route on this......
We did. Sorry you don't like it. You exploited the system, and now you're getting burned by others doing the same. Bummer.
^^^^^^^ lol love the truth
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I think bringing attention to this actually made it worse. lol

I will as stated previously sell spots in a stable. But for now just replace dragons with sheep when I need to use them to hunt. lol

oh and why do people assume it's just tamers filling stables.. lots of leet pvpers who die a lot need mounts too.. how do you think they always ride around on ostards or nightmares?
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Boondock_Saint wrote:lots of leet pvpers who die
No leet pvper on this shard has ever died. Ever.

KublaiKhan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by KublaiKhan »

GuardianKnight wrote:I'm not campaigning to have his horses removed....I want stables fixed so that it doesn't support just 2 people on a taming spree.
The fix to this bug is slot limits per character. My reasoning behind this is if 50 ppl have 300+drags stabled, that's giving them an advantage no others are receiving!

This is a bug, NOT era accuracy. There were lots of bugs back in this era. One of the bugs is altered stats like 200 strength. Should we bring that back? Nope b/c it is a bug that only a small amount knew about!

Let the n3rd rag3 begin :-)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I for one would love to have 200 strength.

I would consider this thread ended if I could get 200 str.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I would be for stable slot limits per character. In my opinion this is one of the cases where you can go for true era accuracy or mimicked accuracy. And I would rather see mimicked accuracy so that the feel of T2A is maintained instead of the actual rules.

Slots per character would restore the T2A feel where in:
1. You didn't have dragon turrets camping spawns often.
2. You rarely saw anyone with more than 5 or so dragons.

The fundamental problem, at any rate, isn't griefers but the shards population. With so few people it becomes very easy to tame dragons, wyrms, and mares uncontested. It also becomes very easy to turret farm uncontested. If the shard had an additional 1000 people online then no one person would have as easy of a time acquiring so many of these pets and the stable issue would probably be less of a problem.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

200 str is child's play. I want 4 digit dex, a mound of arrows, and a newbied bow. Ah, the good old days.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

KublaiKhan
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by KublaiKhan »

GuardianKnight wrote:I for one would love to have 200 strength.

I would consider this thread ended if I could get 200 str.
You got like 200 str int and 125 dex and would just obliterate people. Especially with vanqs.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:
Loathed wrote:OR, we could just go the accurate route on this......
We did. Sorry you don't like it. You exploited the system, and now you're getting burned by others doing the same. Bummer.
^^^^^^^ lol love the truth

how is any of that truth? What system was I exploiting and how am I getting burned?

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

Speaking of classic bugs! Remember the "Sphere" effect? Had nothing to do with spheres, but I had nearly 1000 tactics, lol! hit people with a punch back then and they died. One shot of anything and they dropped. I ran around for a whole weekend like the hand of god, buck as naked with no weapon slaying all. Damn that was hilarious.

They patched that soon after. Catskills, can't remember the year, but was probably 98-99.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Boondock_Saint wrote:I think bringing attention to this actually made it worse. lol

I will as stated previously sell spots in a stable. But for now just replace dragons with sheep when I need to use them to hunt. lol

oh and why do people assume it's just tamers filling stables.. lots of leet pvpers who die a lot need mounts too.. how do you think they always ride around on ostards or nightmares?
easy with nightmares, just log them out on an alt you don't use
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Checking on the patches available for stable masters, there are no changes to stable masters, short of the invulnerable tag, between the 3/18/98 and 11/29/00 patch. Thus, the demo information that indicates that a given stable master has a 100 pet limit is accurate.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Kaivan wrote:Checking on the patches available for stable masters, there are no changes to stable masters, short of the invulnerable tag, between the 3/18/98 and 11/29/00 patch. Thus, the demo information that indicates that a given stable master has a 100 pet limit is accurate.
For the sake of helping the tamers out. Is the demo also what was used to determine the cost per UO day of stabling pets, the fact that gold comes out of your bank account automatically, etc?

I still hold to the point that the major problem is that with so few people it is just far too easy to tame lots of pets. And as thus, the stables are full.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Ronk wrote:
Kaivan wrote:Checking on the patches available for stable masters, there are no changes to stable masters, short of the invulnerable tag, between the 3/18/98 and 11/29/00 patch. Thus, the demo information that indicates that a given stable master has a 100 pet limit is accurate.
For the sake of helping the tamers out. Is the demo also what was used to determine the cost per UO day of stabling pets, the fact that gold comes out of your bank account automatically, etc?

I still hold to the point that the major problem is that with so few people it is just far too easy to tame lots of pets. And as thus, the stables are full.
According to the demo, stabling a pet will automatically withdraw 30 gold, first from your bag, and then from your bank if you do not have the funds in your bag. That 30 gold is enough for the pet to stay in the stables for a full real life week.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

KrytheRanger

Post by KrytheRanger »

Era accurate or not... I play a tamer, and only have a few dragons. I prefer to hunt with a solo dragon... but since the "people" that decided to go around and fill all the stables with sheep and stuff, have "spammed" other players. For fear of losing a dragon that I have invested a lot of time training, I now can not play. So to me, intentionally filling up the stables so others can not play is a form of passive aggressive grieving.

Ok so let’s talk about the tamers with 30 dragons camping spots... I personally don’t like to do that. And chose not to. However, when a haly mage can easily defeat a tamer with a ww, there is something wrong. I personally don’t pvp. But I have seen two experienced pvp'ers fight it out, one a haly mage and the second a ww tamer. The haly mage uses tactics, like going invis or hide to cause the tamed creature to stops attacking. Some of you guys may flame me on this, but think about what just happened in this example. A tamer mage vs. a haly mage. By going invis you just stopped one person primary attack from working... like taking away the haly mages haly.

I used to play on the Great Lakes shard and when you saw a person with two red dragons you tended to stay away from them. Dragons seemed a lot more powerful, faster and deadlier then.

Era accuracy or not, here they seemed like they have been nerf'ed.

Here on this shard it seems that the "game balance" is off key, meaning that haly mages are the dominant character. Back at Great Lakes it was your stealth archers. But it seemed like each "class" that arose, there was some form of game balance, so that there was no dominant "class".

I also remember many tamers who died several times taming a dragon. So to walk out with a dragon actually meant something. I watch mages now do a “fire and forget” and kill a dragon easily. Vortex + Invis = dead dragon. Does something seem a bit wrong with that? Imagine if that dragon did a dispel field…opps, now what will the mage do?

If we are going to limit the number of pets a tamer has…hence nerf a tamer that is already nerfed… then we also have to show them some love, increase the speed and damage in AI of the dragons, otherwise why play a tamer that can be defeated easily by a haly mage? Or fix the game balance so “classes” are level.

However, all this being said… there are some VERY skilled tamers out there who can “wield” several dragons and destroy a pk party of two or three. But that guy I know is VERY rare. But when you compare the average pker to the average tamer…

So the bottom line is….

1. The people responsible for “grieving” other players with this stable issue, need to be punished.
2. If you are going to reduce the amount of pets one play can control at a time, then the dragons need to be what they used to be, what they were meant to be.