Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part II]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part

Post by Blaise »

iamreallysquall wrote: oh you can't ? see the example of white 4th of july hats you could cut them for a short amount of time into cloth and now you can't this is just one of the many examples but i won't ramble as they have all then been said in previous threads on the topic
Did they take from you, or remove your hats? Or the ill-gotten cloth that was the result of a GM oversight?

No, hence the items are grandfathered in because they were created before the ability to do so was corrected.

Saying "This is how it is now, but anything regarding this prior to this change, will not be affected" is my understanding of grandfather clause.

If GMs confiscated the cloth after people started unravelling the hats, I'd understand what you're getting at.

(oops, I might have quoted out of context, disregard if I'm being retarded again)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Those white hats were almost completely wiped out. Then people caught on to my game and protected them from my hat genocide. I just wish derrick could tell me how many more I don't own. Then I could work endlessly to getting the rest of them!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

GuardianKnight wrote:Those white hats were almost completely wiped out. Then people caught on to my game and protected them from my hat genocide. I just wish derrick could tell me how many more I don't own. Then I could work endlessly to getting the rest of them!

Why are you trying to wipe them out when you can't cut them anymore?? I have 4 hats and 12 ice white cloth...

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

make all items breakable- the way it was, grandfathered or not. This ain't trammel and it's not felucca it's secondage, pre UOR- ppl wanna cry bout losing their trammel goods but there are servers around that offer insured items etc.. and i'm sure they are always willing to accept new ppl. I hope that the majority of the server can agree like have an official poll maybe and then we can just have it changed since it'll be the ppl of the server speaking and not the admin/gms. Let's continue to strive towards secondage accuracy! "Oh but Derrick promised!" Well as stated previously it's the players speaking. Don't hold the admin viable for your need of trammel. It's his choice to mold the server into a t2a replication and having grandfathered items is causing a contradiction. Let's all get over it together!
I'll be happy to hold counseling sessions for ppl that are having TWS fits aka: Trammel Withdraw Syndrome. It's a serious illness and it will no doubt affect the majority of those who don't want to lose their GF items. We can pull together and speak of times when we rode around with our neon sandies and masks. Brag about how awesome it was to get roxxor'd on the field and yet rez right back with a full suit of clothing. Total ||D || ||\/|| ||D status...
Let's make the change! :)
Last edited by Loathed on Sat May 05, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Robbbb wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:Those white hats were almost completely wiped out. Then people caught on to my game and protected them from my hat genocide. I just wish derrick could tell me how many more I don't own. Then I could work endlessly to getting the rest of them!

Why are you trying to wipe them out when you can't cut them anymore?? I have 4 hats and 12 ice white cloth...
It was a goal that no one else cared to take on. I made it mine. I plan to lock those suckers up like the disney vault.

You wanna sell? PM me what you would take for them.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

BlaiseDad wrote:
iamreallysquall wrote: oh you can't ? see the example of white 4th of july hats you could cut them for a short amount of time into cloth and now you can't this is just one of the many examples but i won't ramble as they have all then been said in previous threads on the topic
Did they take from you, or remove your hats? Or the ill-gotten cloth that was the result of a GM oversight?

No, hence the items are grandfathered in because they were created before the ability to do so was corrected.

Saying "This is how it is now, but anything regarding this prior to this change, will not be affected" is my understanding of grandfather clause.

If GMs confiscated the cloth after people started unravelling the hats, I'd understand what you're getting at.

(oops, I might have quoted out of context, disregard if I'm being retarded again)
Going to be re-quoting what I said in an earlier post:

"That could be said about a lot of things, like bandages being cut one at a time, horses fatiguing, katana speed change, changes to deadly poison, changes to cartography, changes to fishing, changes to swing-on-the-run, I could go on and on."

None of those things were 'grandfathered' so how does that make it any different from blessed masks not being allowed to break? People who originally had katanas didn't get 'grandfathered' into their faster swing rate, people with mounts didn't have their mount fatigue 'grandfathered'.

Point being: why cherry pick change when so far it's been usually 'across the board'.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

BlackFoot selling his mask... maybe he knows something!
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

BlaiseDad wrote: Did they take from you, or remove your hats? Or the ill-gotten cloth that was the result of a GM oversight?

Right, so it would be logically sound to make all "grandfathered" things breakable. That wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone. It also does not change the use of the item. It simply does to the gf-blessed items what the patch did to the clothing bless deeds.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
BlaiseDad wrote: Did they take from you, or remove your hats? Or the ill-gotten cloth that was the result of a GM oversight?

Right, so it would be logically sound to make all "grandfathered" things breakable. That wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone. It also does not change the use of the item. It simply does to the gf-blessed items what the patch did to the clothing bless deeds.

The only thing that I can see that takes away from ALL of this is the fact that CBD's were a reward through the Silver System and it SPECIFICALLY stated that no item that was blessed with a CBD would break. This was before they came out as a holiday reward. It is impossible for them to distinguish which items were blessed with the silver reward system so the only fix is to stop the unbreakable statemant at a certain point, which they did, and keep all others unbreakable like was stated originally.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

applejack wrote:BlackFoot selling his mask... maybe he knows something!
need event reward money. NOthing more!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

MatronDeWinter wrote:

It takes a lot away from people who paid millions, or dropped silver into their items, that's what you're not seeming to get.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Mirage wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:

It takes a lot away from people who paid millions, or dropped silver into their items, that's what you're not seeming to get.
gotta think tho thats no differant then anything else that used to be worth a fortune or small fortune say the old crystal balls before liches started spawning them and period of how u look at it neon sandles are always gonna be worth a fortune GF or not simply because they cannot be obtained
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Mirage wrote: It takes a lot away from people who paid millions, or dropped silver into their items, that's what you're not seeming to get.
Doesn't matter. Many people have "lost value" on many items in the past due to patches. The value of the item has no relevance.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Mirage wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote: Right, so it would be logically sound to make all "grandfathered" things breakable. That wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone. It also does not change the use of the item. It simply does to the gf-blessed items what the patch did to the clothing bless deeds.
That's exactly what we're sayng, Mirage.

Everyone else has to suffer when change negatively affects them (crystal balls, white hats, katanas, mount fatigue, housing restriction, etc.), but somehow blessed items are excluded from this group because a handful of people bought CBDs with silver instead of gold.

Please explain to me how blessed items are any more special than any other item that has been negatively affected.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Hicha wrote:
Mirage wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote: Right, so it would be logically sound to make all "grandfathered" things breakable. That wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone. It also does not change the use of the item. It simply does to the gf-blessed items what the patch did to the clothing bless deeds.
That's exactly what we're sayng, Mirage.

Everyone else has to suffer when change negatively affects them (crystal balls, white hats, katanas, mount fatigue, housing restriction, etc.), but somehow blessed items are excluded from this group because a handful of people bought CBDs with silver instead of gold.

Please explain to me how blessed items are any more special than any other item that has been negatively affected.
^^ yes