IRC scamming?

Topics related to Second Age
smokybarnable

Re: IRC scamming?

Post by smokybarnable »

Soma wrote:Probably would have been easier to pick a random hour.
My you are just a wonderful ray of sunshine aren't you. I actually don't see a point to your posts. Feel free to start a thread about my inability to predict and inform you when houses will fall. Other people were predicting times...why are you focusing on me? The house fell within the range I predicted for myself, and although it wasn't very accurate the concept is you shouldn't believe everything you read. Most importantly though , I had a great time at the idoc. It's so much fun with a lot of people there. Cheer up, life isn't that bad. Cheers. :D

I'm happy you were able to place a small there.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

smokybarnable wrote:
My you are just a wonderful ray of sunshine aren't you. I actually don't see a point to your posts. Feel free to start a thread about my inability to predict and inform you when houses will fall. Other people were predicting times...why are you focusing on me? The house fell within the range I predicted for myself, and although it wasn't very accurate the concept is you shouldn't believe everything you read. Most importantly though , I had a great time at the idoc. It's so much fun with a lot of people there. Cheer up, life isn't that bad. Cheers. :D

This has nothing to do with the IDOC timer or whatever, it has to do with your credibility and the reason you were banned from IRC.
Making yourself out to be the victim while having a shady background doesn't sit well, especially while asking for an apology from the staff, so I'm just trying to clarify the situation.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

Soma wrote:
smokybarnable wrote:

This has nothing to do with the IDOC timer or whatever, it has to do with your credibility and the reason you were banned from IRC.
Making yourself out to be the victim while having a shady background doesn't sit well, especially while asking for an apology from the staff, so I'm just trying to clarify the situation.
Victim? Shady background? What on earth are you babbling about. I announced a idoc. Nothing more. I find being banned rather amusing and entertaining. I really don' t think you are in a position to clarify anything. It's not your place. You said yourself you don't see the point of this thread so why do you keep posting inane comments? This doesn't concern you. Go away.

As for my 14 minute ban I could care less. I'm sure Braden was just being cautious and that's cool. Can we just move on people/person.

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Post by Braden »

I better post to clear this up.

Flipper posted that there was a house getting ready to IDOC. He requested that anyone interested should bring a small house deed. Usually if a person advertises a spot that is IDOCing, they do not request a person bring a deed, which we know can be used as a substitute check. When examining his character in-game, I did not see any deed.

As scamming in IRC is against the rules and grounds for a ban from IRC (but not in game), I banned him from IRC.

Now, bear in mind that even GMs are not perfect. I thought it through and realized that if he was asking someone else to come and put down a house, he wouldn't need a deed because they would be bringing one. Also, he did not have a "gank squad" with him at the house (though one could easily be gated in). I realized that I should probably give him the benefit of the doubt so I unbanned him.

I have never met the player before, and shouldn't immediately assume the worst when its quite possible the person did not have any bad intentions. For that, I apologize.
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

The above, I think, is a testament to the quality of GMs we have on UOSA.

I think it'd be naive to assume that the GMs here would be perfect and always capable of rising above the situation, as we all have witnessed countless of times that high ranking officials in real life aren't capable of that either.

To even comment to clear this up for people whose business it really isn't is a lot, but also to have the capability to admit that perhaps a mistake has happened and offer apologies is more than you could really ask for. Clearly this also shows that the GMs care about community interaction and feedback.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Braden scammed me out of three apples, IRL.

Also, agree with above comment. This evidence of awesome staff, not bad staff.

smokybarnable

Post by smokybarnable »

Thanks for the explanation Braden.
:)

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

So about that fire mount....
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

PUT THE BLESSED ITEM IN A BAG?!!
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Question....

So if I have say, a dirty gank squad of evil wizards waiting at the bucs den teleporter... and I shout in IRC that there is an idoc right beside the bucs den teleporter.... a noobie shows up to find that there is no idoc but instead 5 flame strikes waiting for him....

Do I get banned?

Braden
UOSA Policy Enforcer
UOSA Policy Enforcer

Post by Braden »

Rose,

From IRC, yes. No in-game sanction would result.
<Layt> note to self (and others)
<Layt> do not magic arrow braden
<Zebulone> He has inf reflect
<Layt> more like reflect and amplify
<Layt> it was a death sequence unlike any other i had ever seen

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Braden wrote:Rose,

From IRC, yes. No in-game sanction would result.
What if there is an IDOC *and* a gank squad?

What if there is an IDOC and *I'm* the gank squad?

(serious questions, but non-serious link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmJ2GVOEVFI)

MortiKi

Post by MortiKi »

thats fucking retarded ! .. its not a scam its an announcement, that some idiot decided to check out .

stop babying everyone .. thats why they stay noobs...
<< (~);} >>

[1965-1995]

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Are you fucking serious?
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

MortiKi wrote:thats fucking retarded ! .. its not a scam its an announcement, that some idiot decided to check out .

stop babying everyone .. thats why they stay noobs...
Agree with that. What's the difference between luring some dumbass (like me on occasion) into a trap via IRC vs. via some mislabled rune dropped around the bank?