Housing market!?

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Housing market!?

Post by Menkaure »

Smit no one said idoccing is easy, but it sure as shit beats hours of farming. Example? Make a new character with hiding, maybe stealth, and a little magery and sit an idoc trying to get loot. If the house is loaded your sure to at least get something, now, lets say theres 3-4 houses that collapse a day. If you know how to time the idoc correctly, you can make out pretty well. Where as a farmer, your probably going to get pkd a few times, and if your lucky maybe youll get 30-40k an hour as a provoker if you know the right path, and 50-60k as a tamer, but just a mage or dexxer farmer? HA! 10-20k an hour.
As for you and your idoc crew, obviously you have it down to science, which Im sure was complicated to get it to, but come on man, you cant honestly think idoccing is harder then farming. Heres a great example, why is it every person on this server that is part of the "idoccing community" is rich as shit, but the farmers who try to make gold the old fashioned way are broke as a joke? Im not hating on farmers or idoccers, but if I had an "idoccing crew" to run with, then hell yea Id fucking never farm again. Theres many players who started not long ago who are UO rich beyond their wildest dreams, and yall know who they are. All of them are idoccers.
@Freight, yes freight everyone tells me how easy it is to get a tamer, yet I still apparently suck at getting that skill up.
Last edited by Menkaure on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I farmed once. It was 6am, and I was drunk.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Vega wrote:I farmed once. It was 6am, and I was drunk.

I didnt think youd take my advice farming cove orcs at the fort!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I farmed Urk orcs at the GY today?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Half of you are retarded. Idocing is easy. If walking the map and setting a timer seems "hard" for you, you may have a missing brain cell or two. You might not always get the "good" stuff but you don't need to get a lot of stuff to make a killing. (Isn't that why you do it?)

Making a lot of money idocing does not = good at business. Loot a bunch of shit and sell it at whatever price you think is clever and you will make a profit. Since you invested little to nothing getting it.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

smit9352 wrote:
The oOo wrote:Until another IDOC crew takes up the banner and monopolizes the housing market once again, of course...
Anyone that I talk to that IDOC's now we have mutual understandings that we will not bend the buyer over the counter and stick it to anyone anymore just to be a prick. Housing has come back down to reasonable prices for multiple reasons and you can't say just Vega not idoc'ing has caused that. It's summertime, population always dwindles down in the summer on most games as many people find out during this time of year the sunlight does not actually hurt you.
"Anyone that I talk to that IDOC's now we have mutual understandings that we will not bend the buyer over the counter and stick it to anyone anymore just to be a prick."

Soooo...the IDOC'ers have established a MUTUAL PRICE FIXING AGREEMENT amongst their brethren to FIX said market prices at a lower more reasonable monopolized pricing level?

"Housing has come back down to reasonable prices for multiple reasons"

Yes...I completely agree...one of those reasons being that there are inherently more houses falling during the summer...no? Or perhaps, as you said, less people play during the summer months, therefore DEMAND is naturally down...no? It would seem to me, as you said...there are several factors at play.

But more to the point...who gets to decide what "reasonable prices" are? Well...in a free market the demand [available buyers] would dictate prices...which, again as you said, it's summer...less people demanding housing...but how does that work if there is this 'agreement' on pricing amongst the sellers?

Vega stopped IDOC'ing about the time prices began dropping and is complaining about 'them' not holding houses and therefore glutting the 'market'

You are saying there is this agreement amongst IDOC'ers to reduce prices...

But both of you are talking like you don't know a monopolized market when you're holding one...

Don't misunderstand me here....I really could care less what the prices are...or what IDOC'ers do. I just love a good economics debate :D

Hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelers :roll:

PS..Warrax...there certainly are many types...and Vega, or anyone for that matter...controlling prices, to the point those NOT monopolizing the market must as a matter of business, follow suit and raise their prices accordingly [who wouldn't?] have in fact manipulated, or monopolized that market in thier own favor...they don't need to sell every house to do it...
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

A lot of people complain about Vegas pricing on items, but, whether you like the guy or not, he literally took control of the real estate within the last 5-6 months, and made an insane amount of gold off of it. You can ask Vega," how did you get so rich in a short period of time?" Let me answer: "Idocs".
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Menkaure wrote:A lot of people complain about Vegas pricing on items, but, whether you like the guy or not, he literally took control of the real estate within the last 5-6 months, and made an insane amount of gold off of it. You can ask Vega," how did you get so rich in a short period of time?" Let me answer: "Idocs".
Well said...I hope my comments here haven't been taken as derogatory towards Vega, or anyone for that matter. I, for one have a lot of respect for the guy and what he's done in a short amount of time...business coup, like him or not :)
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

There is no justifiable reason for the artificially high housing prices other than player stupidity.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

items are only worth what people will pay for them if people will regularly pay 3x deed the item is then worth 3x deed... if no one bought em they wouldnt be worth 3x deed its really that simple
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

If I miss something or do not address it please just let me know, but for the love of god and for baby raptor jesus do not requote this novel.
Menkaure wrote:As for you and your idoc crew, obviously you have it down to science, which Im sure was complicated to get it to, but come on man, you cant honestly think idoccing is harder then farming. Heres a great example, why is it every person on this server that is part of the "idoccing community" is rich as shit, but the farmers who try to make gold the old fashioned way are broke as a joke? Im not hating on farmers or idoccers, but if I had an "idoccing crew" to run with, then hell yea Id fucking never farm again. Theres many players who started not long ago who are UO rich beyond their wildest dreams, and yall know who they are. All of them are idoccers.
@Freight, yes freight everyone tells me how easy it is to get a tamer, yet I still apparently suck at getting that skill up.
The guys that I've worked with that do idoc's are pretty good at it. I don't know that they want their names brought up so I won't bring them into it. But I never stated that IDOC'ing is harder than farming, it's just less how do you say it.. consistent? You can loot a box at a idoc and think "13k Stones This Has To Be Great" and open it once you're done and see 5,000 uncut fish (did that this week). Or as you seen a couple weeks ago Sadistik went on a rant about people keeping Night Eyes items in their houses.. It's a lot of luck honestly man. IDOC'ing isn't hard to get into at all, just get out there and do it is all I'm saying really because many people say "oh god it's so easy" but they come and go within 1-2 weeks of doing it. I really do urge everyone to step out there and try it, Bixby post many idoc's he finds
Menkaure wrote: Theres many players who started not long ago who are UO rich beyond their wildest dreams, and yall know who they are. All of them are idoccers.
Who might this be? I'll assume I know who you're referring to but I won't dwell on this so I'd hope you won't either.
Menkaure wrote:but if I had an "idoccing crew" to run with
Make one it really isn't that complicated and I'm sure that Eo's post explains it very well how to obtain timers and determine when houses will be falling as long as they are not refreshed.
Menkaure wrote:A lot of people complain about Vegas pricing on items, but, whether you like the guy or not, he literally took control of the real estate within the last 5-6 months, and made an insane amount of gold off of it. You can ask Vega," how did you get so rich in a short period of time?" Let me answer: "Idocs".
He took control?... You really think he was/is a one man show? *shakes head*
The oOo wrote:Soooo...the IDOC'ers have established a MUTUAL PRICE FIXING AGREEMENT amongst their brethren to FIX said market prices at a lower more reasonable monopolized pricing level?
The price has come down quite a bit considering what it was 3 months ago. If the people that IDOC don't plan to sell their smalls that block larger homes for more reasonable rates than L+Small or Patio+Small then you cannot expect to see larger houses come down any further I feel.
The oOo wrote:But more to the point...who gets to decide what "reasonable prices" are? Well...in a free market the demand [available buyers] would dictate prices...which, again as you said, it's summer...less people demanding housing...but how does that work if there is this 'agreement' on pricing amongst the sellers?
I'm not here for an economy debate nor am I here for a price debate but everything in this game has more or less been dictated by supply-vs-demand it seems. There's multiple communities (Rares Dealers/Housing Dealers/Reg Sellers) that govern the prices based on what they feel it's worth them to sell it for not what the buyer is willing to pay.
The oOo wrote: But both of you are talking like you don't know a monopolized market when you're holding one...

I never stated that it wasn't a monopolized market for housing. Also there isn't one "fixed" group and one "fixed" price but that would make it much easier if there was.
The oOo wrote: Don't misunderstand me here....I really could care less what the prices are...or what IDOC'ers do. I just love a good economics debate :D
Oh nah, no misunderstanding on my end. You actually have seemed like a kickass guy from the business a close friend of mine does with you.
The oOo wrote: Hope I didn't hurt anybody's feelers :roll:
Nope, I don't mind the conversation but I feel that the replies from me or anyone else that does IDOC's will be taken less seriously due to the nature of our gameplay choice and stating it isn't all Pixie Sticks and Gumdrops.
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

and again to re state that me and smit are trying to drop the market not raise it we care about loot obviously or we wouldnt be idocing (i personally like the rush of houses falling and the lottery of opening box's) but if your forced to pay 2x deed to place a house how can you expect we sell for deed plus small? alot of people hold medium/big house spots tryin to get magical lute kinda gold (fuck you populus :P) our crew has a standin arrangment if you sell to us at x we sell to you at x in a hope of getting alllll the idocers on the same page........ but others out there pay or sell for WAY too much to allow the market to be lower.... this is 100% the problem

and also until i joined with vega and smit i swore vega was the head of operations but it was a huge mistake he was the loud guy who was seen alot is all

Wil

Post by Wil »

Sadistik wrote:and also until i joined with vega and smit i swore vega was the head of operations but it was a huge mistake he was the loud guy who was seen alot is all
Yeah, I'd think the head of the operation has to both be a strong people person and be seen by the crew as flawlessly fair. Otherwise folks won't focus on their part of the job and someone outside the crew will slip in and place.

You got me thinking though... If you want to run an IDOC crew, I'm guessing you need:

1. A red team to kill (or chase away, but preferably kill) everybody who isn't on the crew. Typical gank squad formations.
2. A heal team to keep the red team going for the 20 to 30 minute window where the IDOC is happening.
3. A loot team to grab boxes and port out (loot team must be recording RPVs to guarantee honesty)
4. A block dropper to make sure objects block house placement until only the crew's placers are present and ready
5. A placer team whose job is to have a string of characters present and logged out, ready to pop in and place a deed.
6. A coordinator/lead whose job is to ghost and watch, directing the rest of the crew's activities via ventrillo.

After, you get together at a tower and divide up the loot. Choose what'll be sold with the gold later divided. Replace the blocker houses with a larger deed and sell it, and so on.

In addition to being personable, the lead's gotta be sharp enough to be inclusive. If someone slips through and places, he's invited to join them team. The buy in is releasing the placed house.

Meh. Spitballing here. Tell me where I got it wrong. :)

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

3-4 people can cover a majority of what you posted there red crew is more who you know and whos online at that moment

you prolly would never want more than 3 fulltime idocers on your team and like 2 half timers (to many people means split is too small)

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

Light Shade wrote:There is no justifiable reason for the artificially high housing prices other than player stupidity.
Agreed, as I said earlier in this thread its only because people have been willing to buy at the prices constantly. Lets face it, not that many people actually play on this server, its absurdity.

Anyway, if people wanna pay 3xdeed for a jungle house, then go for it lol.