Application for -F- guild town

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should -F- get a town

yes
24%
no
40%
who are -F-
36%

Total votes: 50

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: should we get a guild town

Post by Wise »

Markmosthandsome wrote:Name me 3 things;

TG
Turtle bay
ascalon
ACE
etc etc
have done 3 things each please...

not a flame genuine interest as to what we would need to do for the community etc etc

These are/were active guilds they ran/run tournaments and events have comminity oriented events in their town but thats neither here nor there as they had their towns built BEFORE the new rules/method of getting a player town built... seriously did your guild even read Maahes thread? http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6439

Maahes wrote:1. You will need to build an active guild with as many players as you can.

2. Once you have this guild, the next step is to begin planning and building your village. Having all your guild members place their house in a common area is usually a good way to do this.

3. The main purpose of player towns is to promote active communities and create activity in different areas of our world. This is the key element to obtaining any special add-ons to your city. This means you will need to promote your guild within the community with things such as events, quests, fight nights, anything that will spread your guilds name in a positive way within second age. Because in the end it will be your co-players choice whether or not you get add-ons.

4. The fourth and final step is to gain approval from the players of UOSA. You will need to state your case in the forum on whether or not your guild is deserving of these town add-ons. To do this your, post may contain a poll, activities your guild has held or plan on holding. It is the poll results and comments combined that will decide if any action from staff will be taken to improve your player city.

Additional notes:
-Any custom town improvement will still cost the guild a substantial amount of resources and gold.
-To limit the progression of town construction, town owners will be limited to only having a small improvements at a time. This is intended to prevent immediate "spring-ups".
-Your town will need to stay maintained(active) in order to prevent any upkeep costs for repairs. In other words, if your add-ons decay due to inactivity, they will need to be payed in full to be repaired.

I quoted most the thread here for clairity, while you may have an active guild, and possibly have placed houses around each other does not qualify you for a guild... frankly I recomend reviewing the items I bolded for your conveinance and edit or make a new poll with the proper requirements, and just from a personal stance I wouldent advise asking for a guild town prior to hosting at LEAST 1 event, Talk is cheep, guilds can say they are going to host 10 events a week but it doesent mean they will...
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

what we bring to the shard.

15 new players
a guild that is here to have fun pvp and pk
we will be hostings PVP events and pvp events only , if we get a town
an organised guild that creates massive amounts of fun and attention to the sever.

i really dont see any reason we wouldent have a town we get atleast 40 people recall into our tower a day it would further add a great pvp hotspot.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

WHAT DOES THE CRYSTAL BALL PREDICT:

Trash talking pvpers play a few weeks, are widely accused of using speedhacks, start asking why they don't deserve a town (quotes "earn" rather than uses earn, as though there is no sense in talking about earning a town), told to play the shard longer and do more to prove the value of the town, starts throwing tantrums/talking trash. May possibly quit in anger/be banned a la Hemperor.

MY PROPOSAL:

Give cA town add ons. We are twice as big as -F-, we've been around for a while (I'm old school!), I can use my castle loots to throw up a large town if required, we bring a lot to the shard (who haven't we stolen from?) and we only want a simple add on: a statue of a town thief being guard whacked that when clicked reads 'In Honor of Those Who Gave Their Lives in the Service of the Bardic Virtues'. However, we would like it placed at West Britain bank, the site of so many of our sacrifices. We would also accept Vesper bank as a location. We will not accept Minoc bank.

ALTERNATE PROPOSAL:

A statue of Hemperor at WBB. I will personally contribute all my remaining gold to such a project.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

[quote="chumbucket"

ALTERNATE PROPOSAL:

A statue of Hemperor at WBB. I will personally contribute all my remaining gold to such a project.[/quote]

I will also donate a large sum of gold and resources to this endeavour

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

chumbucket wrote: ALTERNATE PROPOSAL:

A statue of Hemperor at WBB. I will personally contribute all my remaining gold to such a project.
I too would heavily donate to such a venture.
Finesse wrote: we will be hostings PVP events and pvp events only , if we get a town
an organised guild that creates massive amounts of fun and attention to the sever.
Only if you get a town? So you have no intention of hosting any sort of events, unless a township is your reward? Yea Ok.

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

I too will donate to the cause.
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

are you fucking stupid mate

look at what your reading and read it

we will be hosting pvp events and only pvp events [,] if we get a town

truely a spastic

venox

Post by venox »

i see no problem with a town catering for a niche of players.
if it creates a sense of community amounst a group of players thats a positive thing.
i just think there should be a little process to it.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Finesse wrote:
we will be hosting pvp events and only pvp events [,] if we get a town

Keep things civil Finesse, and its you who should be reading...

What your saying here means that IF the GMs dont give you what you are DEMANDING for (rather then earning it) you have no interest or desire to run player events... and mind you the very naro and limited PvP style events that only a percentage of secondage can participate in, rather its the fact that you and your guild SHOULD be running events despite a town, its not impossible, place a tower, keep or castle and build a arena on the roof, run some events, bring players to your town, then ask for GM add-ons like an arena and such, becasue you mate are going about this ALL in the wrong way...

Here is a SIMPLE equation even you can follow along to

Player run events + active guild + well received amung the community + time = Guild Town Add-ons

Player run events by -F- : 0
Active Guild: On forums active, cant say I have saw them in game though I dont PvP (but if I dident frequent forums I wouldent know about them which means the guild is not active in the Community)
Well Received amung the community: From what I see most posts by you guys have been fairly Trashy with little merit aside from "I R NEW TWN PLZ" so I am going with no on this one
Time: your guild is what a week? two weeks old? Stick around secondage for a month or more and prove your guild is a dedicated part of the shard and community, whos to say once you have what you wanted your guild isn't going to pack up and move to another shard (its how you got to SecondAge no?)

So read, understand, and impliment, thats all I am asking, since well your guild has given ZERO reasons that your deserving of a guild town...

Kay Thanks.

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

Finesse wrote:what we bring to the shard.

1) 15 new players
2) a guild that is here to have fun pvp and pk
3) we will be hostings PVP events and pvp events only , if we get a town
4) an organised guild that creates massive amounts of fun and attention to the sever.

i really dont see any reason we wouldent have a town we get atleast 40 people recall into our tower a day it would further add a great pvp hotspot.
Let's go through your talking points one by one.

1) Nothing special that would make you applicable for a player run town.

2) Nothing special that would make you applicable for a player run town.

3) Perhaps you guys should start hosting these events FIRST to PROVE you are serious about this. Surely, your guild has some houses by now. If not, save up money for a guild tower. It shouldn't take long for 15 people to save up 433k...

4) Nothing special that would make you applicable for a player run town.

3 of your 4 points are common attributes and goals every guild on this shard have in common. Which in return does nothing to add to your proposal.

It should also be noted that the stipulations among the community and staff about the creation of player run towns has changed over time. The requirements for a player-run town use to be a lot more lenient at the creation and early stages of the server.

Since the server has been up for over a year, there are at least 200+ playing this server. Not everyone can have a player-run town just because older guilds were given them as incentives and rewards for enhancing the community. Many of the guilds, you accused of doing nothing to deserve their town, fall under this category.

y2a

Post by y2a »

chumbucket wrote:WHAT DOES THE CRYSTAL BALL PREDICT:

Trash talking pvpers play a few weeks, are widely accused of using speedhacks, start asking why they don't deserve a town (quotes "earn" rather than uses earn, as though there is no sense in talking about earning a town), told to play the shard longer and do more to prove the value of the town, starts throwing tantrums/talking trash. May possibly quit in anger/be banned a la Hemperor.

MY PROPOSAL:

Give cA town add ons. We are twice as big as -F-, we've been around for a while (I'm old school!), I can use my castle loots to throw up a large town if required, we bring a lot to the shard (who haven't we stolen from?) and we only want a simple add on: a statue of a town thief being guard whacked that when clicked reads 'In Honor of Those Who Gave Their Lives in the Service of the Bardic Virtues'. However, we would like it placed at West Britain bank, the site of so many of our sacrifices. We would also accept Vesper bank as a location. We will not accept Minoc bank.

ALTERNATE PROPOSAL:

I support a town for cA. It could have a training center for newbies to spar and practice bardic arts on each other. You could host events like treasure chest russian roulette, where everyone pays to pick a chest, with a bunch of chumboxes mixed in with real prizes. If anyone has brought value and entertainment to this shard, its the beloved "chumfucker" :mrgreen:

As for the topic, guys I have nothing against -F- personally but you really should have to stick around for a while longer, add to the value of the shard, and earn the town add-ons.

Unlimited Bladeworks

y2a wrote:
As for the topic, guys I have nothing against -F- personally but you really should have to stick around for a while longer, add to the value of the shard, and earn the town add-ons.
I believe this seems to be the general consensus among the community. According to the OP, *IF* -F- gets a player-run town they will host PvP tournaments. :lol: :lol: :lol: That part is just priceless, as if their mere presence on this server entitles them to a player-run town. :lol: :roll:

Unlimited Bladeworks

y2a wrote:
chumbucket wrote:WHAT DOES THE CRYSTAL BALL PREDICT:

MY PROPOSAL:

ALTERNATE PROPOSAL:

I support a town for cA. It could have a training center for newbies to spar and practice bardic arts on each other. You could host events like treasure chest russian roulette, where everyone pays to pick a chest, with a bunch of chumboxes mixed in with real prizes. If anyone has brought value and entertainment to this shard, its the beloved "chumfucker" :mrgreen:

I'm all in favor for supporting cA over -F- simply because they have more to offer.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

cA should get a town!
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Unlimited Bladeworks

Re: application for -F- guild town

Finesse wrote:Me and my guild are officialy here to stay this is our new home and as you can see we are exstreamly organised and commited to helping new friends start the shard thus createing more action for the rest of you guys.

reasons we should get one.

1. we are currently the most active and largest [guild] player group
2. we constantly help people start
3. having a stomping ground means when your guild needs to look for a fight we will most likely be there.
4. in the future i will host many pvp based events.
5. we already have 4 houses 2 large placed in one small area and will be placeing more tomorrow.

thanks for reading sirs and i hope you agree.
Lies come in many forms. Partial truths, selective facts, out of context quotes and information, partial historical perspective and out right misrepresentation of facts. It is easy to manipulate...

Perhaps you should consider being honest about things that are easily verifiable to the rest of the community. You aren't the largest or most active guild. :lol: :lol: :lol: Why would you be dishonest about that when it is so blatantly obvious you're full of shit??

On point #2, you left out the context in which you help people. You clearly admit this only a few sentences before. "commited to helping new friends start the shard" By friends you mean people you have a pre-exisiting history of playing UO with rather than actually helping out real newbies

As I've said under the poll topic, perhaps you should start running these events now to prove yourself. And you might need more events than just the occasional PvP tournament to get a player-run town.