Getting rid of runebooks

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Getting rid of runebooks

Post by Faust »

This server isn't UO Second Age minus the inconveineces that exist in the game. The server is about replicating the game mechanics of the era.

Mortal Online will probably fail just like Darkfall. Quit putting games up on a pedestal before it actually delivers. It will be obvious if the game really is good or not. Hearing people rant on about the next "awesome" game is well beyond annoying. Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, World of Warcraft, Warhammer, Darkfall, and now Mortal Online... not to mention all the other games sitting in the MMO market cess pool that was left out. People need to just stop hyping this crap up left and right only to waste a lot of time for others.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

t2a era was in its own way a cess pool, even making trades was difficult

i dont know why you nerds put it up on a pedistal

Faust

Post by Faust »

Do you see any other MMO games that are well over a decade old running with 500-1000+ on Pre:UOR based time periods?

No, thanks.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

most grandfathered items odd hued/turned other directiosn dont affect game play, runebooks have a very real effect. Imagine if glacial staves still were allowed to work. That is a pretty serious advantage.
If runebooks are proved to be inaccurate remove their ability to be used or store runes. Make em pixel paperweights and nothing more. Eventually they will all disappear like everything else that gets grandfathered out.
If they are sitting on a shelf in a guys house as decoration that doesnt affect game play in anyway.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you can still cash checks now they are gone....then runebooks should still be here after the removal and still usable.

Otherwise cash them all in right now, not later. We dont want a double standard.

Yeah and since we are striving for accuracy how about we log characters out for inactivety whether they be ghosts or other forms of spies. IE no macroing off counts.
Because that is era accurate to do so. If you stand still in one spot for too long...disconnection. If someone finds you afk with a ghost macroing running back and forth and you have no response you get teleported into town and rezzed and then get whacked again.

Runebooks fall in era timeline. Even so brief. If you start cutting out days then you will continue to cut them back. Be firm and stick with it.

As for anyone else. Your'e hypocrites for posting against runebooks when we all know you use them and everyone should hunt you down. I dont care how neon blue you are.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:If you can still cash checks now they are gone....then runebooks should still be here after the removal and still usable.

Otherwise cash them all in right now, not later. We dont want a double standard.

Yeah and since we are striving for accuracy how about we log characters out for inactivety whether they be ghosts or other forms of spies. IE no macroing off counts.
Because that is era accurate to do so. If you stand still in one spot for too long...disconnection. If someone finds you afk with a ghost macroing running back and forth and you have no response you get teleported into town and rezzed and then get whacked again.

Runebooks fall in era timeline. Even so brief. If you start cutting out days then you will continue to cut them back. Be firm and stick with it.

As for anyone else. Your'e hypocrites for posting against runebooks when we all know you use them and everyone should hunt you down. I dont care how neon blue you are.
Solid post.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

BlackFoot wrote:most grandfathered items odd hued/turned other directiosn dont affect game play, runebooks have a very real effect. Imagine if glacial staves still were allowed to work. That is a pretty serious advantage.
If runebooks are proved to be inaccurate remove their ability to be used or store runes. Make em pixel paperweights and nothing more. Eventually they will all disappear like everything else that gets grandfathered out.
If they are sitting on a shelf in a guys house as decoration that doesnt affect game play in anyway.
Ahh, I could agree to this. I was for removing them entirely, but this would seem fair. People keep their books as a "rare", but lose the function.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

I Totally Respectfully disagree with you on this one blackfoot.

Some of us have spent so many hours on our libraries that this is a serious problem. The one item that has not been grandfathered in a change is the glacial staffs you speak of. Thats a pvp combat advantage.

The only differnce with letting the grandfathered runebooks stay, is people's houses wont be towers of runes.

There are enough Rune books right now to populate the server for everyone to have a few in thier house. It would create a new marketable item. For example, clothing bless deeds during this era were gotten from a new player ticket system. this obviously can't be put in on this server, but thats an item you could easily buy for 50k. What items does this server have for the farmer? Just spawning rares, and oh yeah.. Grandfathered items.

You have many many grandfathered items blackfoot, its unfair for you to volley against us having some too.

With the removal of new runebooks, no one will carry them which will solve the problems everyone has with them. If you want to carry a 10-15k rare on you so you can easier get around.. Then thats up to you.

Its UO Tradition to grandfather items!

*Say no to Deleting old runebooks*
Tekai
[broken image]

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

I spent countless hours marking 60+ runebooks for my rune library. We did not make checks non-functional and we should not make runebooks non functional.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Kon

Post by Kon »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:If you can still cash checks now they are gone....then runebooks should still be here after the removal and still usable.

You show me where I own or have a runebook and then you can call me a Hypocrite not before. Only time I use them is when I go to a rune library and then that's only because I'm forced to since all the runes are in them. Either make them stealable or get rid of them.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

they are stealable and you just stated your hypocracy.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kon

Post by Kon »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:they are stealable and you just stated your hypocracy.
I know they are lootable i.e. not blessed didn't know they finally got a stone weight so that I could steal them. I should specify I mean be able to steal them by target not random steal.

Oh and if you tell me where a rune library is that doesn't use runebooks I'll go there instead.

nethervoid

Post by nethervoid »

If runebooks are removed ... seriously will help me find another shard to play on. Taking out things that make the game more playable is kinda like using a really old school razor that cuts you all the time even though you have a better one sitting right next to it, just because 'it's old'.

I really need to search around for more free shards. lol The only thing I like about this one is the 'normal speed' skill gain.

nethervoid

Post by nethervoid »

Anyway not waiting around for them to be removed. Just found another server, which this thread prompted me to search for. Cya dudes. Hope the single runestone nightmare is fun. lol Man, I hated the single rune days.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Kon wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:they are stealable and you just stated your hypocracy.
I know they are lootable i.e. not blessed didn't know they finally got a stone weight so that I could steal them. I should specify I mean be able to steal them by target not random steal.

Oh and if you tell me where a rune library is that doesn't use runebooks I'll go there instead.
WHERE DID THIS IDEA COME FROM?

for f@cks sake... they are stealable by targeting... and easy at that. I just target stole one off one of my one chars 5 times in a row...

Honestly...Its obvious that anyone who bitches about something like this is just trying to a thorn in the side of the shard or popular opinion.