Weigh in on new disrupt changes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

What are your thoughts on the new delays?

They are horrible.
37%
They are O.K.
8%
I don't know yet.
29%
They are great.
26%

Total votes: 38

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Weigh in on new disrupt changes

Post by zzyzx »

Cataclyst wrote:zz, as in the other topic what you are missing is that weaken did no damage, at all. Someone can literally harm spam you to death after they get one good hally hit, not casting a single other spell or even trying to do a hally hit on you.

If someone spammed weaken on you, they were interrupting your cast while wasting mana trying to keep you from healing, you could keep yourself alive with mini heal while wrestle disrupting there hally swings, not having to worry about losing chunks of life from a quick spell.

You could also sneak in gheals when they'd equip hally to try and swing on you, if they noticed and tried to switch, then you messed up there hally swing by making them try and weaken you.. so either way it was win win?

With the harm spam, mini heal keeps you balanced, while all you can do is pray that they miss the rest of their hallies and you get some good ones in to stop their barrage of harms.
Meh. I don't see much of a difference. With wrestling slowed down a bit, getting them to reset hurts a lot more, and now that they have another .25 seconds to case harm... I look forward to seeing how people are going to adapt.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Much of the disparity here may very well be due to incorrect heal and damage values.

We've had a pretty hard time with damage values for spells because most of what we saw in the OSI code didn't look right at first glance, as mentioned above. However, due to the insight provided recently into the OSI core and the understanding gleaned from fact that OSI halved all damage values before they were applied, the OSI code damage values are now ballpark.

The previous damage values were taken from the 1999 Stratics resist calculator found here:
http://web.archive.org/web/200003060630 ... stcalc.htm

The demo values are as follows by circle:
First: 1d3+3
Second:1d8+4
Third: 4d4+4
Fourth: 3d8+5
Fifth: 5d8+6
Sixth: 6d8+8
Seventh: 7d8+10

Also, our Heal and Greater Heal spell values do not match the OSI code which is:
Heal: 1d6+(Magery/10)
GHeal: 1d10+(Magery / 2.5)

These changes have been put on test for the purpose of straight face validation
Server: test.uosecondage.com
Port: 2593

Please remember, this patch went on early by accident and was not really ready for prime time, we try to shake out inconsistencies such as this on test center before taking system live.

sidenote: please keep the f bomb out of the regular forums, search engines index this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

alatar

Post by alatar »

Derrick wrote:sidenote: please keep the f bomb out of the regular forums, search engines index this.
Why you gotta put me on front-street like that..? I sorry :(

:mrgreen:
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Faust wrote:zzzz or whatever his name is actually right...

The only thing that changed was a swap from 100% debuffs to almost a 100% harms...

Nothing else was changed making this tactic any more worth while now. However, in reality it's actually a lot worse in regard to actual disrupts. First, the harm spell takes 0.25s longer to cast and it also doesn't disrupt 100% of the time. Also, weapon cycles slowed down half a second making "spell spam" even weaker than previously possible too.
The only thing that changed was a swap from 100% debuffs to almost a 100% harms...

ONLY? Really? You must have obviously forgot that harm is also a DAMAGE SPELL. I'm wondering if anyone has dueled with this current system to be honest. While you sit there and spam mini heal, someone spams harm and you can never get out of a hole, factor random dmg hally hits anywhere from 4 dmg to 40 and you have the biggest dice roll duel that we've had to date. The difference between the .25s of Harm and weaken doesn't make a difference faust harm can still be spammed to interrupt gheals, ebolts, explo etc without any problem. Hopefully the changes on test will make this system bearable, otherwise look for heals in tourneys with 60 para pouches.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Faust

Post by Faust »

Thanks for putting the values up Derrick. Saved me a bunch of time filtering through that code. :wink:

Are these the base or finalized values after being halved though?

So for those that don't understand dice values...

Circle : Damage
First: 4-6
Second:5-12
Third: 8-20
Fourth: 8-29
Fifth: 11-46
Sixth: 12-54
Seventh: 17-56

If these are the finalized values they are rather excessive compared to the values used on Stratics. However, if they are not cut in half from the modification they are extremely low... I don't see these values doing much in either situation so far in my opinion.

We will have to wait for Derrick to confirm if these are the base or finalized values though.

Mirage wrote:ONLY? Really? You must have obviously forgot that harm is also a DAMAGE SPELL. I'm wondering if anyone has dueled with this current system to be honest. While you sit there and spam mini heal, someone spams harm and you can never get out of a hole, factor random dmg hally hits anywhere from 4 dmg to 40 and you have the biggest dice roll duel that we've had to date. The difference between the .25s of Harm and weaken doesn't make a difference faust harm can still be spammed to interrupt gheals, ebolts, explo etc without any problem. Hopefully the changes on test will make this system bearable, otherwise look for heals in tourneys with 60 para pouches.
OMG! Harm does damage!?!?

Wow, that is well beyond obvious son. The only thing that was CHANGED was the extra call in the formula. That was the ONLY change made with this patch minus the slight wrestling speed tweak. Harm already did damage sherlock. Try following the conversation a little better next time son.
Last edited by Faust on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

I'm just going to start making t-shirts now that say "I survived the big UOSA PvP change of 2009 and all I got was this lousy shirt." Then those of us wearing the shirts can look back in a year and laugh at all the people freaking out about it.

Gotta corner the market.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hiram »

Faust wrote:Thanks for putting the values up Derrick. Saved me a bunch of time filtering through that code. :wink:

Are these the base or finalized values after being halved though?

So for those that don't understand dice values...

Circle : Damage
First: 4-6
Second:5-12
Third: 8-20
Fourth: 8-29
Fifth: 11-46
Sixth: 12-54
Seventh: 17-56

If these are the finalized values they are rather excessive compared to the values used on Stratics. However, if they are not cut in half from the modification they are extremely low... I don't see these values doing much in either situation so far in my opinion.

We will have to wait for Derrick to confirm if these are the base or finalized values though.
These don't include any modifiers for eval int which adds an additional 20 percent making a sixth circle spell's max damage around 33 if you halve the values above.

There is no way these values can be right if they are not halved, since we have to throw eval in!

Faust, do you have the formula for spell interruption handy (and could you post it if you do <3 )

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

zzyzx wrote:I'm just going to start making t-shirts now that say "I survived the big UOSA PvP change of 2009 and all I got was this lousy shirt." Then those of us wearing the shirts can look back in a year and laugh at all the people freaking out about it.

Gotta corner the market.
You're obviously not a pvper.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

I was downplaying your intelligence "son". Look at what you posted.

You're saying that the ONLY thing that changed was a swap from 100% debuffs to 100% harm. You can't obviously be downplaying this seriously are you? A debuff interrupt to a damage interrupt 100%? Get real "son". Why do you think we are on here complaining about harm spam? Because WE ALL KNOW IT DOES DAMAGE SHERLOCK. Are you following the post because it seems you forget what you're posting 10 minutes prior to your last post. Stop making yourself look like a moron on here.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Mirage wrote:
zzyzx wrote:I'm just going to start making t-shirts now that say "I survived the big UOSA PvP change of 2009 and all I got was this lousy shirt." Then those of us wearing the shirts can look back in a year and laugh at all the people freaking out about it.

Gotta corner the market.
I'm still learning/practicing PvP, so maybe I'm just more malleable than people set in their ways.

Did you see this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzDE5Hhv9k

A lot of "An Mani" and "In Mani" in there. Interesting.

Edit: May also add, it seems that guy is doing pretty well for himself, so there must be some form of skill involved. Granted, video could be edited with just wins, but there still appears to be some strategy involved... such as trying to sneak in a higher damage spell, etc.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

zzyzx wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Gotta corner the market.
I'm still learning/practicing PvP, so maybe I'm just more malleable than people set in their ways.

Did you see this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzDE5Hhv9k

A lot of "An Mani" and "In Mani" in there. Interesting.

Edit: May also add, it seems that guy is doing pretty well for himself, so there must be some form of skill involved. Granted, video could be edited with just wins, but there still appears to be some strategy involved... such as trying to sneak in a higher damage spell, etc.
Dude, stop referring to custom RunUO shit.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mirage wrote:I was downplaying your intelligence "son". Look at what you posted.

You're saying that the ONLY thing that changed was a swap from 100% debuffs to 100% harm. You can't obviously be downplaying this seriously are you? A debuff interrupt to a damage interrupt 100%? Get real "son". Why do you think we are on here complaining about harm spam? Because WE ALL KNOW IT DOES DAMAGE SHERLOCK. Are you following the post because it seems you forget what you're posting 10 minutes prior to your last post. Stop making yourself look like a moron on here.
The "only" thing is referrencing spell interruption. That was obviously the only thing that changed in regard to it for obvious reasons.

What this "topic" is about the last time that I checked...

I feel sorry for you if you think that I was referring to the entire scope of things since that's obviously not possible to write up in ONE sentence. I made it clear before that post what the problem was when it came to attrition involving harm spam... I guess you failed to neglect that aspect of the discussion, eh.
Last edited by Faust on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

You can't deny that the way live is right now is absolutely retarded, whether that be because of only half implementation or what not...it's what has everyone pissed off.

Apparently demo rolls aren't in properly right now on test, not sure btu there's some annoying griefers there anyways. If anyone wants to do some serious duels on test pm me on IRC

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Hemperor wrote:Dude, stop referring to custom RunUO shit.
How are we sure that is custom RunUO? Just curious, asking a genuine question. Not trying to patronize or anything, I'm serious.

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hiram »

Faust,

Can you check my comment above and let me know if it sounds right and also can you post the chance to interrupt formula if you have it <3 ?