Urk/bloodrock orcs completely inaccurate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do you think bloodrock orc stats should be adjusted to be more era accurate?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:03 am

Yes
45%
Don't care
24%
No
31%

Total votes: 49

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Urk/bloodrock orcs completely inaccurate

Post by Blaise »

Yeah, ok, then my bad, I guess I missed the details where we could have won in Skara.
What was it?
What COULD have been done to win?
Have the entire shard there to fight of spastic NPC orc spawn?

You say it's clear in Vesper, so what is it?
Where exactly have the details been posted on what must be done to ensure victory, or at least have the possibility of it?

I may be missing it, but I haven't seen anything other than what can be translated as "Urks are going to get another town full of their spawn".

Citing town guards and shit like that is m00t because PKs and other criminals (not just Urks) are subject to guards as well.

Where is the raid on another GUILD town? No GZ change needed, just tack in 20 spawn points for savage NPCs and let fly.

Don't get me wrong, it's all in the name of good fun, but it would seem most of it has been on the Urk side of the fence (fence is not intended as a metaphorical reference only here).

Perhaps we need a Detective class here to put together some pieces of information that I, nor anyone I know in game, has any idea of (or is sharing the details of).
Rada rada, some spying has shown us what town will be attacked next, not what to do about it though, other than show up to have your armor destroyed and your dragons swarmed.

I'm not saying we need the dragons to fight Urks, but in light of the results of the previous battles, they are required to deal with your numbers being tripled by NPC orcs.

You said "There WAS a point. The human side failed. End of story."
So how exactly did we fail? Being disorganized is not the failure, but may have resulted in it. However, I find it extremely difficult to organize a group effort for something which HAS NO CLEAR OBJECTIVE. Are you saying that killing the Urks and all spawn at Skara would have won? What is it? I have no idea, and haven't seen anyone else say "Man, if only we had X, Y or Z, we could have saved Skara."
Last edited by Blaise on Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Btw, I do appreciate the feedback from everyone. Obviously there are no set rules on events of this nature so hearing what people do/don't like is helpful.

For example, no one really knew what was required in the skara event. Thus the vesper one was altered with a clear/visible victory/fail condition.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Ronk wrote:The vesper one was altered with a clear/visible victory/fail condition.
Where?
Can you provide a link? I read Pirul's bit, but didn't gatther a clear/visible victory/fail condition from it, unless it has changed.

Sorry, this crap is scattered in so many different subforums I had to track it down.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=32398

I get it now, thanks, I'll do my best to kick your dirty Urk butt all the way back to your fort! :P
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

BlaiseDad wrote:Yeah, ok, then my bad, I guess I missed the details where we could have won in Skara.
What was it?
What COULD have been done to win?
Have the entire shard there to fight of spastic NPC orc spawn?
Theres too much focus on the NPC spawn, they are meaningless. Had we had a total wipe out of all orcs within an hour, the city woulda have been saved. We maintained the dock and area for 2+ hours. We also successfully ran through the town and killed all the NPC's (though their spawns weren't turned off as expected).
BlaiseDad wrote: You say it's clear in Vesper, so what is it?
Where exactly have the details been posted on what must be done to ensure victory, or at least have the possibility of it?
Vesper Details
Don't get me wrong, it's all in the name of good fun, but it would seem most of it has been on the Urk side of the fence (fence is not intended as a metaphorical reference only here).
Not from the feedback ive heard.
Perhaps we need a Detective class here to put together some pieces of information that I, nor anyone I know in game, has any idea of (or is sharing the details of).
Rada rada, some spying has shown us what town will be attacked next, not what to do about it though, other than show up to have your armor destroyed and your dragons swarmed.
Pirul actually stepped up and did a good job of this. His crew found our plan map and he camped our fort and caught a bunch of us chatting about when we were planning on hitting vesper.
I'm not saying we need the dragons to fight Urks, but in light of the results of the previous battles, they are required to deal with your numbers being tripled by NPC orcs.
There were no spawns within 2-3 screens (maybe more) of where the bloodrock orcs were and fighting.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Ronk wrote:Pirul actually stepped up and did a good job of this. His crew found our plan map and he camped our fort and caught a bunch of us chatting about when we were planning on hitting vesper.
Yeah, but the details of win/loss requirements were non-existent in his thread, unless I missed that too.
All of those details were in the heads of people not interacting with players during the event so how was anyone to know how to win?
Sheer luck I suppose is proper RP too. :)

Now that we know the details, hopefully us humans will band together to achieve a goal that is now clear instead of running around killing/dying saying "WTF IS GOING ON!?!?!?!"
Ronk wrote:There were no spawns within 2-3 screens (maybe more) of where the bloodrock orcs were and fighting.
I wasn't there, but how many people actually found the real Urks and weren't just inundated by NPCs in town not realizing you were camping the docks as an overthrow of town?

I'm going to just move on as I don't have enough details to understand the point of that portion of the event. I'll do my best to RP through it and bring the fight to Vesper.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

BlaiseDad wrote: All of those details were in the heads of people not interacting with players during the event so how was anyone to know how to win?
Sheer luck I suppose is proper RP too. :)
I guess... it seemed pretty straightforward to me though...if you wanna win, kill all the orcs. I don't think the issue of win conditions came up until people lost...then they didn't ask about win conditions, they just claimed they had no chance of winning.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

It seems like you guys really just need another RP guild to interact with..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Sandro wrote:It seems like you guys really just need another RP guild to interact with..
We do! Make one :-)

But in all seriousness, we are an RP guild but we've had a long history of interacting with anyone/everyone. Back on GL we'd get all kinds of people visiting us. Some would randomly wander in and wonder, wtf. Others would come to (Attempt to) grief/kill us. Some would come and roleplay. Its just about having fun and trying to ensure those we interact with have fun.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Sandro wrote:It seems like you guys really just need another RP guild to interact with..
There are a few, and they are the ones doing the majority of interaction in regards to this event.

We've (Ascalon) actually come to battle specifically telling people to bring warriors, not tank mages, for a more enjoyable fight with the Urks.
After the initial assault on their fort/overthrow of Cove, we've been less specific about it considering their use of mages as well.

All in all it's been good fun, but I think the vague details have left a lot of people saying "Wtf". Hopefully that will change as this next leg appears to have a good amount of structure that can be planned for with propery coordination and strategy. Things that are difficult without any clear goals or objectives.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Yeah, its also a balance that has to be struck. I could have written up a highly detailed plan, with specific clues all over, etc, etc. But the problem is the amount of work this dumps on the staffs shoulders. A lot of it can be done without he staff, of course, like on many occasions I discussed details with orcs out in the open (not guild chat).

But overall, even putting tons of detail into things, much would get lost, ignored, and become a waste of time.

Overall, this was also a trial run for me. Hence why I like the feedback. I wanted to see if people enjoyed the big pvp things or if they wanted more story. If people turned out and got involved or if they wanted to be spoon fed, etc. Also, I was curious how well a multiple week/month story arc would play out.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Tons of details weren't truly needed, just some basics would help, like a general concept of "If such and such is accomplished then the result is x, whereas if not, it is y"
I hear ya, I don't want to burden the staff I just want this to be good fun for everyone, not just Urks who know what their plan is and PKs having fun with the humans who have no idea what's going on aside from a dropped GZ and monster spawn, thus causing confusion and quick boredom/frustration.

I'm going to do what I can in the next couple of days to spread the details and information throughout the guild, and elseware as possible.

/end thread (we should be discussing thie elseware)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I always thought the objective was pretty clear: exterminate the URK.

Nuff said. :twisted:
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Personally I just stopped going to Skara. If my idea of fun in this game was fighting NPC orcs, I'd go to an Orc Fort. There is no real reason to fight these orcs - going to Skara to kill a few NPC orcs is most probably not going to put a dent in the story line.

Each to their own, but there is nothing to encourage participation IMO. If it was a shorter event where killing the orcs actually did something it might be more fun. Like a scoreboard of killing off the orcs with a goal to work towards - maybe even names of players with the highest number of orcs slain. The top players get an "Orc Slayer" invasion" trophy when the town is recaptured. I don't know.

I'm not whining and I don't mind either way - these type of events just don't interest me as a player.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

nightshark wrote:Personally I just stopped going to Skara. If my idea of fun in this game was fighting NPC orcs, I'd go to an Orc Fort. There is no real reason to fight these orcs - going to Skara to kill a few NPC orcs is most probably not going to put a dent in the story line.

Each to their own, but there is nothing to encourage participation IMO. If it was a shorter event where killing the orcs actually did something it might be more fun. Like a scoreboard of killing off the orcs with a goal to work towards - maybe even names of players with the highest number of orcs slain. The top players get an "Orc Slayer" invasion" trophy when the town is recaptured. I don't know.

I'm not whining and I don't mind either way - these type of events just don't interest me as a player.
That would certainly make things interesting. Leaderboard status for orc slaying!
Don't really care about trophies, but sure, whatev. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

nightshark wrote:Personally I just stopped going to Skara. If my idea of fun in this game was fighting NPC orcs, I'd go to an Orc Fort. There is no real reason to fight these orcs - going to Skara to kill a few NPC orcs is most probably not going to put a dent in the story line.

Help us Sunday, so we can all walk the streets of Skara in peace, and it doesn't happen to Vesper. And trust me, the NPC orcs will be the least of your worries on Sunday.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay