Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part II]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

derrick u could stop the trolls just go in game and say
[clearfacet

i think that would solve all the issues
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

kevin-theidocghost wrote:derrick u could stop the trolls just go in game and say
[clearfacet

i think that would solve all the issues
Only do it in Trammel though, so we're all safe.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Just stopped by to spread some grandfatherly love, :D
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Mirage wrote:
It takes a lot away from people who paid millions, or dropped silver into their items, that's what you're not seeming to get.
When the patch came it made some people super rich since you had to pay 10x more gold for them, so the biggest loosers would be the one`s who purchased them after patch.

Also it was stated in the patch notes it wasnt a permanent solution.

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

Bump to close the shard down!!! T2A era only lasted for about 2 years. Well gents, pack your bags, we did it. we successfully relived the T2A era and it is now over. Thanks for playing.

Bull

Post by Bull »

The fact remains the only people who don't want the grandfather rule to stay in effect are people who don't have grandfathered items.

Stop being jealous little cry babies and go earn your money.

If you spent 30 million on a grandfathered mask or pair of sandals you certainly wouldn't want them taken from you.

or if you spent a ton of money years ago when no one had money with a promise that it wouldn't break you wouldn't want someone to go back on a promise.

Obviously the grandfather addition Derrick put in was well thought out as a solution to balance. The reality is the decision was FAIR and continues to be fair to veteran players who spent the last 1500 days playing on this server and supporting it. We have already lost a huge chunk of players.

I cant think of one person who has grandfathered items, paid or earned who wouldn't pack their bags and never come back to this server if they ever made the mistake of taking away the grandfathered decision made by Derrick. Bottom line is STOP CRYING because you don't have something go out and earn it you damn democrat!

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Bull wrote:The fact remains the only people who don't want the grandfather rule to stay in effect are people who don't have grandfathered items.

If you spent 30 million on a grandfathered mask or pair of sandals you certainly wouldn't want them taken from you.

or if you spent a ton of money years ago when no one had money with a promise that it wouldn't break you wouldn't want someone to go back on a promise.

Obviously the grandfather addition Derrick put in was well thought out as a solution to balance. The reality is the decision was FAIR and continues to be fair to veteran players who spent the last 1500 days playing on this server and supporting it. We have already lost a huge chunk of players.

I cant think of one person who has grandfathered items, paid or earned who wouldn't pack their bags and never come back to this server if they ever made the mistake of taking away the grandfathered decision made by Derrick. Bottom line is STOP CRYING because you don't have something go out and earn it you damn democrat!
thats funny way to speak for everyone who has said items because i know plenty that support them being accurate........
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I have some of these mythical items. I have also given almost all of my Grandfathered, Blessed Items away.

I cannot, nor will I ever, understand how people can get so attached to these pixel items. I am not trying to be rude, but anyone that feels such strong attachment to their pixels should probably seek a self-help group...in real life.

As far as whether the items should break or not...its simply a matter of Era Accuracy. If it is an Era-Accurate mechanic, then they should break. Otherwise, there needs to be some clarification of the Goals of the Shard. As it is, the shard's mission statement (as I understand it) says these items should break.

If the GM's decide that Era Accuracy Mechanics is only in weapon/spells/skills interactions and that the items and such are not much of an issue, so be it. That is their decision.

As it is, I have never seen any such distinction stated or hinted at by a member of the staff. They said they were Grandfathered "for now". Clearly, there are future plans for the Grandfathered items. As far as I know, the shard's goal is Era Accuracy, aside from a very limited and clearly stated exceptions.

Therefore, whether you like it or not, Era Accuracy should trump your own wants and desires.

I'm sure everyone will hate me for saying it...but let them break. Its the correct mechanic.

-L/S

P.S. As far as the shard losing players. This isn't really the case at all. Veteran's come and go just the same as new players. The shard's population has been relatively stable from what i've seen.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Bull wrote:The fact remains the only people who don't want the grandfather rule to stay in effect are people who don't have grandfathered items.

Funny coming from a dude who stole everything he earned from a gimp, and I do not mean via in game mechanics.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

i have grandfathered items and i too wish they would break as they are suppose to. It's not era accurate for them to remain unbreakable I don't care if you spent your left and right nut to get it. Non-accurate is non-accurate no matter how you splice it. Please hold some kind of poll so we can finally put this to rest and have the grandfather tag removed.

trammel belongs just where it should be- in trammel.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I don't have GF anything and I don't care if they break or don't break. Era accuracy = UO would grandfather things after a patch.

I had 3 accounts full of houses that were grandfathered into real UO after the housing change
(1 house per account). Some of them were grandfathered from a time before because they were improperly placed.

Everyone here knows that there isn't an era accuracy issue here. THey just won't accept that someone has something they can't have anymore.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

it is an accuracy issue, the whole houses per account was different in that it was one way at first then changed, however on UO blessed items were never FOREVER, ever- so ya it's an accuracy issue, we don't need anyone running with a full suit of blessed clothes with no fear of ever losing them because they are inaccurately undestroyable.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

This shard is about eventually creating era accuracy. Old UO, rares weren't meant to be in the world or to spawn and be picked up. They eventually just made it into a system and let people keep the rares.

Grandfathering the old things when a new mechanic comes into play....it's normal. Era accuracy has nothing to do with the quirks that were left in the game after the change, it's about fixing things going forward.

Would you have liked if derrick made you recut all the instantly cut bandages after that change? Would you like your house broken in to for the sake of era accuracy? In era, I would own all of your things.

Let's just get rid of all the neon sandals that people got from the custom vendors before the change. Not to mention, the ice staves from UOR that have made their way here. Let's get rid of those too.

Era accurate staff would ignore any request for player towns. Let's get rid of player towns and tell staff to snubb us instead. Not to mention, GM's were ban happy for wasting their time...let's ban everyone.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

GuardianKnight wrote:This shard is about eventually creating era accuracy. Old UO, rares weren't meant to be in the world or to spawn and be picked up. They eventually just made it into a system and let people keep the rares.

Grandfathering the old things when a new mechanic comes into play....it's normal. Era accuracy has nothing to do with the quirks that were left in the game after the change, it's about fixing things going forward.

Would you have liked if derrick made you recut all the instantly cut bandages after that change? Would you like your house broken in to for the sake of era accuracy? In era, I would own all of your things.

Let's just get rid of all the neon sandals that people got from the custom vendors before the change. Not to mention, the ice staves from UOR that have made their way here. Let's get rid of those too.

Era accurate staff would ignore any request for player towns. Let's get rid of player towns and tell staff to snubb us instead. Not to mention, GM's were ban happy for wasting their time...let's ban everyone.

yes i would not care if i had to recut all bandages i had, player towns has to do with roleplaying and that is deemed by the staff and counsil- they had black liches on OSI during sometime because it was part of the lore of the game, some guilds did get honorable mention of some sort on different servers(shards) through out UO history.

this whole comment about did ppl lose their server birth rares? dude don't compare grandfathered blessed items to that. they aren't server birth rare, they are silver token bought and from the beginning were coded wrong (obviously since blessed items should break) i don't care if you spent 1 silver, 0 silver, 1k silver on a blessed item. it should and always pertain to the rules of items with the same properties thereafter. So going by what you're saying. Any pet previously tamed prior to the all kill command being changed should react the same as they were before right... i mean look what i just did. Same thing as you- going extreme on what is at hand here.
as far as In era accuracy you would own all my things, Son in era accuracy you were prolly feeding a boob still. In era accuracy I'd still be a griefer, what you got on me?

this cry about all the neon from the vendors and such- i agree with ya get rid of the crap i don't care if it's not era accurate, but y'know what, regardless if i have them or not i still want them to apply to the current blessed item rules. Nothing is suppose to ever last forever except for spell book and hell i bet if we test enough that could prolly be destroyed too. Remove the grandfather tag- there is no leg to stand on when it comes to disagreeing with this. You think it should be saved because all of what was spent on it? silver, gold, time? get over it- just cuz you or me or anyone is gonna lose out on this isn't enough of a reason for us to just allow it happen.

we need to honestly just put and end to it and all of us trash barrel the grandfather'd items. Anyone with me?

I'm sure you're not GK cuz you love your trammel too much. That or you'll lie and say "ok lets do it" something along those lines. Anyhow it ain't accurate, let's do the right thing here.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

well said guardian knight...
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit