How to fix the LoS Exploit easy

Topics related to Second Age
Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: How to fix the LoS Exploit easy

Post by Taboo »

*edit* basically the very center is just fine.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Blaise wrote:
Taboo wrote:
Pirul wrote:You can target MS/CL up to 10 tiles away. It's "area of effect" is 2 tiles beyond that. You need to step 2 tiles back to cast. Therefore your "range" is still 10 tiles. Because you haven't done it doesn't mean it can't be done.
yeah ok pirul whatever you say. you are wrong but im not going to argue cause it would be pointless. what am i going to do take a screen shot of it NOT working?
If you could provide evidence to the contrary of those who have posted shots of it actually working, that would help your case.

Point being, large stone structures are unsafe. It is illogical, but accurate according to all testing performed by staff.

Accuracy > Logic

Either learn to cope, or go farm RL (Lightshade)

Psssst...I still donate and play occasionally. ;)
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

So this is my main trying to kill my other char Avant Garde with chain lighting. I have been trying to get him in the center tiles of the keep but i haven't been successful yet.

It varies how far you can cast into the keep at different locations, but most of the inside of the box inside the keep is safe IMHO.

if you will notice, when you try to do it in the front... sometimes you have to go so far out that his name bar actually goes grey.

Its stupid for me to take a screen of every way I have tried it and on every tile. Unless i'm missing something, its BS.
Attachments
Taboo_12-4_17.24-1.jpg
Taboo_12-4_17.17.jpg
Taboo_12-4_17.20-1.jpg
Taboo_12-4_17.15-3.jpg

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Gross, an 800x600 gameplay window. I think I'm gonna be sick.

Hey Lightshade, me too. Wanna go on a dungeon crawl? ;)

If Derrick and Kaivan have both tested and confirmed this as functional on Demo AND OSI today, I'd hardly think it's bullshit. You've got to be doing it wrong. Teaching you how to do it right, is not going to help anyone.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Stop trolling me, I am correct here.

You simply can't touch many parts of a keep with LOS. That's literally all I have to say about it. I have read up on it, watched how its done, and messaged my little UO friends. As far as not knowing how to use razor, I been using it for over 4 years now. If you are smart you'll make a note and maybe trade in your castle or tower for a keep but whatever.

I haven't read that Derrick and Kaivan could hit every spot in a keep, mostly because they didnt write that. Just that its possible to perform the bug on a keep. However, its still the safest while this bug exists.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Your keep is more secure against LOS than others. I almost listed that in the auction but as I am not a complete master of the mechanic I didn't. But, compared to most keeps, there are less angles you can attack from. It's due to the fact that you need to be a few tiles away from the wall depending on where you're targeting, and there just isn't enough space around all 4 sides of the keep.

Maybe Kaivan could give us some info on staying safe from LOS (screenshots of tiles etc)
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

You're not entirely correct, you're lucky.

The fact that you can target ANYTHING through STONE WALLS is completely assinine. To presume that OSI would not have done anything about it is simply ludicrous. Hey, maybe they did think 'So what if the most expensive homes in the game are LESS safe than the cheapest'.

What do I know? I don't run production shards charging people money every month to play. Just kinda going with common sense, even if it is trumped by era-accuracy.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Who knows, if im just lucky then sorry for arguing. From my perspective its not making sense, but if i'm wrong then im wrong. I'll do some more testing... but I can't hit a large portion of the inside box area of my keep and have been trying many ways to do so. Maybe this is the case with all keeps, maybe not.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:Your keep is more secure against LOS than others. I almost listed that in the auction but as I am not a complete master of the mechanic I didn't. But, compared to most keeps, there are less angles you can attack from. It's due to the fact that you need to be a few tiles away from the wall depending on where you're targeting, and there just isn't enough space around all 4 sides of the keep.

Maybe Kaivan could give us some info on staying safe from LOS (screenshots of tiles etc)
I can't provide any detailed information about this. This is information that the players will have to discover themselves.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I wonder if one can make an LOS blockade by putting ovens or other view blocking things inside their place to make one secure spot for macroing?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠