Five Years of Ultima Online: The Second Age (200k+ contest)

Topics related to Second Age
LiquidFire

Re: Five Years of Ultima Online: The Second Age (200k+ cont

Post by LiquidFire »

Last edited by LiquidFire on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Apac, Pro Solo Provo/Treasure Hunter, Part Time Businessman/Broker
-Krillin, Tank Mage, Wannabe PvP'er
-Brak, Apprentice Tamer
-Joseph, Meat Shield
-Opie, Kelvin, & Jimmy Houston GM Fisherman/Captains of the Valentine I, II, & III

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

No time for lengthy tales~!

Most of my favourite UOSA memories were player initiatives, with a few exceptions :)
Curating the museum for many years was what I took most pride in, as well as out decorating all who dared challenge me (pancakes)!

10. The time lord event - what a massacre :)

9. The UOSA PVP Leagues - They were massive

8. The Crafter Olympics

7. Dark Radiance's death Mazes

6. IHD - fortified wine anyone?

5. The Biate Artifact event

4. Iolo's many Marchs across the map

3. Shepard Stadium! hilarious.. golden llamas for all!

2. The Years of Suicidal UoH Dungeon Crawls

but I think the greatest times ever had on UOSA has to be

1. the Mongbat Maps! - If you dont know what these are... shame on you. (relics can be seen in the UOSA History Museum)

I know everyone's favourite memories will for the most part be events they played a larger role in, which would be expected.. I am no different!

Honourable mention go out to Daolins Academy events, dress liek chumbucket day, deamon duels, pet summoning contests and the christmas Elves!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Downs

Post by Downs »

Let us not forget DLcD!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Downs wrote:Let us not forget DLcD!
BlackFoot wrote:Honourable mention go out to Daolins Academy events, dress liek chumbucket day, deamon duels, pet summoning contests and the christmas Elves!
Post right above yours . . . fail.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Kabal wrote:
Downs wrote:Let us not forget DLcD!
BlackFoot wrote:Honourable mention go out to Daolins Academy events, dress liek chumbucket day, deamon duels, pet summoning contests and the christmas Elves!
Post right above yours . . . fail.
Probably miller is on his account.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Contest runs until the 14th! Get your posts in now in celebration of FIVE years!

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

My favorite memory starts from a task that marmalade and I had done, concerning Arsen's castle located in some swamp. Long ago I acquired this rune when the castle was owned by Ace, in any case- We basically took everything and placed some nice single stack'd steaks everywhere- placing a few rune books with words like LOL spelled out or HA etc..
When Arsen log'd on he was so furious and just 100% certain it was Kooter/Bongy that had done this to him/her/it. He was determined to cause bongy grief and the carpet bombs began. Though I don't think arsen was involved but I'm sure his words influenced it. Staff for w/e reason at the time was trying to help players with this and would removed mass carpet bombs for people. Braden shows up to bongy old patio house and was like we'll get this working. .nuke the house pooofs along with everything. Bongy at first was like well least we can revert and at the time saves happened all the time, bam *world save* Braden ended up porting us to trammel and behold- all of Bongy's belongings were there. It seemed so fitting that his crap be in trammel as I have always portrayed bongy living there. Anyhow- Braden ended up not replacing bongy's items 1:1. He did replace the house for him but bongy ended up getting a unique item, a shirt with a special name- so more trammel for him in the end. I think the reaction was almost as epic as seeing his stuff in trammel though.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Kabal wrote: Post right above yours . . . fail.
it was TL; DR
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

naggs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by naggs »

I just started a couple of weeks ago, haven't played since 98.

A couple of days in, I was walking through the forest, looking for animals to train, and I walked by a house with a Red named character outside.
My heart started racing, as I jumped onto the keyboard pleading my case that I was new, and had nothing worth while on me (but it was everything I owned at the time).
He just said "Leave". so I turned and ran.

I haven't been within 3 screens of that house since.
And I realized THAT is what I have been missing in video games for over a decade.

Thanks so much for the server, and all the work to keep it going.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

CONTEST ENDS TOMORROW! Tell us tales of the old days!

http://vimeo.com/49554199

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

cliffnotes please!!!! what do i gotta do to win this without reading the OP

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Tell a nostalgic UOSA story ...without block of texting us to the point of not reading it.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Quit being lazy!

SteelReserve

Post by SteelReserve »

Honestly The only Event's I managed to make it to 3 years I have been around were the "Keep Climb" where you had to make it to the top Via Stools and there was only 1 path ect. That was a Blast. I did not manage to get to the top first but I found a lot of Might and power Weapons and a rare or two.

Though my First Event was my Favorite Probably Because I was Drunk off my Arse. I made a Toon Called "The Town Drunk" was wearing The purple Cloth and Floppy hat Running around Harassing People by snooping them and Yelling "I R NEW GLD PLZ!" a few people actually gave me some Coin and I snooped one guys bag and spotted his mace then asked for it and he gave it to me!! :lol: it even turned out to be of Power :shock: . then to put the Cherry on top it turns out I was the First person To be Spotted Participating in the Event! :mrgreen:

I ran In a few of the Team battle ground events but I did not have a 7x yet so those events were hit and miss for me. But over all I have had a blast and I hope this server sticks around 5 more years!

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

I dont need the award, but did want to add a memory of a few of my first experiences:

I got started pretty early on, fought it out with Trinsic Honor Guards (now K^A) at the beggining.

Coffee was a person who really got me and my brother (meat) to play with a few more people. I remember when the Noble's daughter came out. The shard was pretty small and since the quest ended in Nu'jelm it seemed like everyone would get there. But the quest was hard as **** and needed a few people at the time to complete it. Me, meat, and Coffee all 3 got it done on our own chars. Was epic.

THEN the Tenebrion quest guy came out, and again; me, meat, and Coffee took him on in town when magic still did damage. Was loads of fun, and the small crowd let us all really enjoy ourselves.

Last but not least, infact, maybe FIRST on my list of vivid memories: the infamous RED SANDALS that spawned on an NPC in Destard just once, which Storm found first and would wear them around. Storm was a tamer at the time who was running around with Demon Arkanis. I recalled to Destard and there they were just hanging, Demon attacked me on sight, and Storm joined in. I recalled out just barely, healed up, re-regged and went back. Demon had left, and so I went into Destard where Storm was laying dead with a drake near his corpse. Apparently he invised in Destard, but maybe forgot to tab out from the drake? (not sure) either way, a corpse was laying there wearing shinny bright red sandals. I snagged em, blessed them a few days later, and still have them to this day. First pair of neon sandals on the shard, and the color personally picked out by Derrick himself.

Now I know a lot people dont care for neons and GF neons etc etc but this is a little piece of UOSA history. I doubt many people knew about this, and most people probably dont even know who I am. But this is a great story, and am glad that I have been playing uosa for almost 5 years. BTW, Storm looted about 200 trophies 3 days later lol, though me and meat still had enough to get the 1st pair of black sandals on the shard aswell. Mind you, this was when black sandals cost more than neon sandals on the trophy turn in system...

AND... I just donated $5. Thank you Derrick