Housing market!?

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Teriyl

Re: Housing market!?

Post by Teriyl »

All the large homes I've sold have been @ 2x deed with a 3x deed buyout option. I feel that's a pretty fair price considering the value of the placement. I think a lot of folks forget to value the land as well as the house. If there were room for everyone to place a large home IDOCing would be entirely loot driven, however, that is not the case. I can tell you that there are other IDOCing individuals that have made the choice to sell lower even when it would have been possible to garner a higher price on a particular house. Smit and Sadistik have both touched on it but I'll say it again too, if competing IDOCers can't work out selling blocking smalls to each other for a fair and decent price you won't see all properties priced lower. There are some folks out there that will place a small and hold on to it with no intent of selling it for less than 5x deed or more just to be a dick.

I agree with some of the comments, IDOCing isn't hard work...but it is busy work, and some of it is not fun. There is almost always the same amount of effort put in to it daily/weekly, but there is no guaranteed reward for said efforts. Sometimes you hit...sometime you strike out hard, that being said it is always exciting.

Wil

Post by Wil »

Sadistik wrote:3-4 people can cover a majority of what you posted there red crew is more who you know and whos online at that moment
Cool. So what's the standard deal for the Red Team? Share of the loot? Lots of people to kill here, don't hurt these guys and we'll heal you? Lots of people to kill here, don't mess with these particular folks unless you think you can take us?
Sadistik wrote:you prolly would never want more than 3 fulltime idocers on your team and like 2 half timers (to many people means split is too small)
That sounds tough. With only 3 folks, no one can afford to sit back and watch the big picture. Also, if anyone's out of place at the wrong moment you basically lose the IDOC. You'd need a really strong team dynamic that wouldn't survive the departure of any member.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

Wil wrote:That sounds tough. With only 3 folks, no one can afford to sit back and watch the big picture. Also, if anyone's out of place at the wrong moment you basically lose the IDOC. You'd need a really strong team dynamic that wouldn't survive the departure of any member.
3 people 3 accounts each turns into alot of blockers
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Doing decays is easy as hell. And you make a tonne of gold. IDOC players like to make it seem complicated. It's a shame there is no moderator in Housing that could have stickied my guide.

What you do need is lots of time, and a willingness to spend it on UO. Unemployment is the ideal scenario.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

i agree somewhat with eo it takes alot of work/time and practice to win placments etc

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

and then if you work with a crew TRUST is huuuuuuge

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abbynormal »

Whhoops. I see I took the lid off pandora's box. My bad.

Jay

Post by Jay »

[Uhh] Eo wrote:Unemployment is the ideal scenario.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Sadistik wrote:and also until i joined with vega and smit i swore vega was the head of operations but it was a huge mistake he was the loud guy who was seen alot is all
The trick to managing your minions is to keep them thinking that they're the king. :wink:
[Uhh] Eo wrote:Unemployment is the ideal scenario.
^This is an acceptable replacement for minions.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Gold on this shard is so easy heres what you do. Wait for a holliday or an anniversary, log in, sell all the shit you just got on the day you got it. You may now buy anything up to and including a tower. I used to farm for millions now I just have to remember to log in on the correct days. < Strangers UOSA gold guide.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger