Weigh in on new disrupt changes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

What are your thoughts on the new delays?

They are horrible.
37%
They are O.K.
8%
I don't know yet.
29%
They are great.
26%

Total votes: 38

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Weigh in on new disrupt changes

Post by Hemperor »

zzyzx wrote:
Hemperor wrote:Dude, stop referring to custom RunUO shit.
How are we sure that is custom RunUO? Just curious, asking a genuine question. Not trying to patronize or anything, I'm serious.
You're right, sorry to "attack" heh I actually posted that video nearly a year ago thinking it was OSI as well... There is a world save during the video (not OSI) among many other fine details if you look closely.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Hemperor wrote:
zzyzx wrote:
Hemperor wrote:Dude, stop referring to custom RunUO shit.
How are we sure that is custom RunUO? Just curious, asking a genuine question. Not trying to patronize or anything, I'm serious.
You're right, sorry to "attack" heh I actually posted that video nearly a year ago thinking it was OSI as well... There is a world save during the video (not OSI) among many other fine details if you look closely.
Interesting.

So ok, are we in agreement that these changes represent the era then? Keeping in mind the rest of the changes haven't rolled out yet.

Because if so, it appears that harm spamming would have been/is a viable tactic.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Faust

Post by Faust »

Hiram,

I don't have the formula here at work. However, if I am not mistaken Batlin has released the decompiled demo scripts already. I had that particular script for several years from the UOX team decompilation that I received from the RunUO team through Zippy. The formula and every other script that existed in the actual OSI code scripts can be reviewed through his decomiplation project.

Are you sure that Eval gives a 20% bonus?

I thought the skill simply allowed a percentage of the base damage to be dealt based on the targets resist that would counter it making the base damage even out if it was 100 vs 100. I would have to look at all the code and sources at home to verify that though since I am not certain. I have very limited access to anything here at work unfortunately.

Faust

Post by Faust »

That video is a custom RunUO shard and has been used numerous times in the past mistakenly.

The world save is the most obvious detail. Also, there are felucca trees(UOR era) all over the place. Weapon timers also do not cool down while you're on the move during the pre-uor eras. This can clearly be seen in that video too.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

According to stratics, Eval only gives a 20% bonus when the caster is 100 Eval and the Target has 0 resist.

Faust

Post by Faust »

That was my understanding...

The value is 0% when it's 100 vs 100, correct?

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hiram »

Faust wrote:Hiram,

I don't have the formula here at work. However, if I am not mistaken Batlin has released the decompiled demo scripts already. I had that particular script for several years from the UOX team decompilation that I received from the RunUO team through Zippy. The formula and every other script that existed in the actual OSI code scripts can be reviewed through his decomiplation project.

Are you sure that Eval gives a 20% bonus?

I thought the skill simply allowed a percentage of the base damage to be dealt based on the targets resist that would counter it making the base damage even out if it was 100 vs 100. I would have to look at all the code and sources at home to verify that though since I am not certain. I have very limited access to anything here at work unfortunately.
They do even out when the resist is at 100, I believe. I was stating max 6th circle damage overall, against a 0 resist enemy. The 20 percent bonus came from the stratics page mentioned before, if the enemy has 0 your damage dealt is 120 percent.

Do you know where I can find the decompilation project?

Faust

Post by Faust »

I think you can find it here.

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

When i first came here there was no debuff spam than it changed and people complained than they changed it to no debuff spam.People are complaining.Honestly you guys just like to complain or maybe looking for an excuse to why you suck? I dunno either way the best will be the best stop crying i hardly see a difference nad it was never smart to debuff spam in the first place its really dumb.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Do you know where I can find the decompilation project?
I actually posted the link to the decompiler in "other" : http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8260
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

P.S fix spell damage please.Faust find a patch saying spells never did below 19 and you can join mym k thx.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I guess people don't realize that pvp can CHANGE at any moment when something is discovered on a shard like this... Nobody pretends like this shard is a HUNDRED percent accurate at the moment. Most of us are fully aware of this fact. We are pretty close without a doubt... However, something can be found at any moment making a radical change to the game at any moment. This shard is about era accuracy and it will always be about that no matter how much someone sheds tears like Cindrew for example.

Chad, something like that would only be a personal pipe dream... :wink:

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I went from just about to give up on this shard to having major hopes for pvp, probably even more improved than before. Converting everything to damage rolls seems only good to be, this will eliminate the harm spam strategy.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

This change is horrid. Debuffs were a common disruption on OSI and were 100 percent. With debuffs not disrupting and spell damage not being accurate due to common 8 percent ebolts I think we are moving towards less interesting pvp. Since I have played here most patches have effected pvp negitively. It seems if enough newbies complain about a system that don't even pvp here or at all it will be changed. How about a little era accuracy. Lets stop flip flopping.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Tron

Post by Tron »

This is from a thread I posted in like 10 days ago.

faust has his pvp system snugly in place. i wonder if he'll play now...
Tron wrote:there really is no good reason to listen to a thing Faust has to say.

half the time hes full of shit, the other half hes defending something he fought against months ago, contradicting himself all over the fucking place. and all the while hes a smug cunt about it, throwing the "demo" in your face over and over, or quoting some ridiculously self serving reference material.

not only that, hes a mediocre player at best.
the only time faust was "good" on this server was when he ran a haly macro, and spammed harm offense during the 2 second haly cycle patch.

haly, harm, harm, harm, haly, harm, harm, harm, haly.
i remember watching him duel when i first got here and i thought, hes got the haly time down at least. a few weeks later he publishes his tab/arm/atklast macro on the forum. (after the patch changed the 2 second timer to 3) so not only was he using the macro, that was really nothing special, but while running it, he had no other offense besides the haly and harm, which my 12 year old sister could do.
that was fausts playstyle during his glory days on this server and he can't get off it. he'll be riding that pony forever.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!