PVPERS? ON STRIKE?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: PVPERS? ON STRIKE?

Post by Duke Jones »

And doesnt the term "strike" lead readers to believe that no work will get done? Like PVPers would quit?
This is more like a rebellion, right?

Just arguing semantics here.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Yea I agree, you guys really need to pick a new name for this campaign, one that isnt so confusing
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Pro

Post by Pro »

blackfoot dont make me hurt you

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I said that whole "strike = quitting" thing in irc and they told me to gtfo with my weird logic.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Robot wrote:I said that whole "strike = quitting" thing in irc and they told me to gtfo with my weird logic.
it's because they cant deal with a void that large in their lives.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

The logic in the O.P. is fine. PvPers ceasing to legitimately PvP (the action which constitutes the essence of a pvper), constitutes a PvPer strike. When garbage men go on strike, they cease collecting garbage. When pvpers go on strike, they stop pvping one another. This should be clear enough.

You will have to try harder if you want to undermine my impeccable command of semantics and logic.

GG.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Fwerp wrote:The logic in the O.P. is fine. PvPers ceasing to legitimately PvP (the action which constitutes the essence of a pvper), constitutes a PvPer strike. When garbage men go on strike, they cease collecting garbage. When pvpers go on strike, they stop pvping one another. This should be clear enough.

You will have to try harder if you want to undermine my impeccable command of semantics and logic.

GG.
ARBITRATION!

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

For the record, there has been to my knowledge no coordination of rival guilds for this purpose. The changes to 6th circle spells may have even rendered it unnecessary.

Faust

Post by Faust »

What change to sixth circle spells?

Are you talking about the correction to the spell damage formula towards using the precise dice rolls instead of a simple multiplication that made the damage insanely extreme one way or the other?

platypus

Post by platypus »

Here's my 2 cents. PvP itself isn't terrible or necessarily any different than actual OSI shards in the T2A era. What screws it up is the fact that every single PvPer/PKer on this shard is 7x GM. I don't remember much from T2A and I didn't PvP during T2A, but I DO remember being hit for 40 damage by ebolts and 60+ damage by flamestrikes. I also remember being slightly damaged by a monster, seeing a PK cast flamestrike, seeing the fire and then dying. I died in one flamestrike, since I was in the low-mid 90s STR and probably 50 resist. In actual T2A, if you have a 7x GM tank mage, you were pretty much all-powerful and one of the few few people with a 7x GM tank. I remember telling people that my dexxer was 4x GM and them being like "holy shit!". The ONLY thing that I see wrong with PvP is the lack of spell disruption. One 1st circle spell used to basically disrupt them 100% of the time. Now, I hardly ever see a disrupt actually work. I've had 4 of my guildies and I run through a gate, see a blue, he casts recall, 3 of us harm and the 4th runs up and swings at him and he successfully casts recall and gets out? This happens nearly every time, making it very very hard to PK a single blue even as a group, as long as the blue just casts recall as soon as he sees us. I remember hearing that harm has a 90% chance to disrupt now, which definitely is not the case.

In synopsis: we're all running around with 7x tanks/dexxers, getting hit for 10 damage by ebolts and whiffing half our hally hits because everyone is GM resist/wrestling. PvP is so balanced that it basically takes 2 people to kill another person if the opponents are of about equal PvP skill.

edit: I do wish trophies were back in CTF and DD. I know I never go to them myself. Its a waste of time to play the game for half an hour and win nothing. All Derrick would have to do is put some sort of automatic IP check into the CTF signup so 2 accounts on the same IP can't join a trophy-giving event. Or put in a check that kicks you from the event if you're idle for say 20 seconds. Or actually perma-ban people that are caught multi-clienting in CTF. The way CTF used to be was totally messed up; everytime I would attend one half my team would be AFK/alts of people playing on another team so they have double the chance to get a trophy. The team that won was basically whatever team had the least amount of AFK people.