Daily Rares & Accuracy

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Shea

Re: Daily Rares & Accuracy

Post by Shea »

Akanigit wrote:What about the rares that spawned in barrels like whips, hanging herbs, wire and forged iron?
What barrels are you talking about?
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

The only barrels I recall spawning anything were in the Serps Hold smith shop which occasionally spawned wire/metal/reverse ingot, etc similar to the crates and the ones outside the Bucs Den blacksmith shop which spawned similar items. The barrels in lvl 1 Shame also used to spawn random armor pieces and bone containers. Barrels on the docks in various towns typically had fish and crap like that in them. Herbs, food rares, arrow shafts, chisels, and all that jazz came from crates and strongboxes in various places in towns. Whips used to spawn in the chests/barrels in the ranger huts outside Skara, along with other misc junk.

However, I cannot vouch for T2A spawns as all my crate stealing was done shortly after UO:R release, right after Trammel house placement actually, when the market for deco rares was huge. I'd spend my whole night after work tandem stealing with my best friend, splitting up the locations then pooling the loot at the end to restock our vendors every morning and made a killing. I have been curious how the crate respawn works here, as my wife likes the idea of getting goodies out of crates but can hardly find anything worth stealing, or even any crates that are locked and spawned even, most barrels I see are completely empty all the time. I recall back then they would respawn like every 20-30 mins, enabling us to pull in quite a huge haul of loot.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

Whips outside of Skara in the huts, Wire and Metal in Serpents hold and hanging herbs in moonglow alchemy shop. I had a routine of swinging by these places throughout the day stealing the items out of the crates and barrels pre-ren.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

I am trying to dig around to find an old rares guide from back in the day to see where all of the locations were etc. I found a website with a small amount of information that backs up my memory. Also do the full jars spawn in occlo behind the fireplace? http://www.uorares.com/Database/Spawnin ... bucket.php
http://www.uorares.com/Database/SpawningRares/index.php

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

These types of items are on the list of things to be done. The information about what type of items spawned in what types of shops is already known. And we have the information about where the daily rares spawned as well. Most of these changes are at the code level, and need Derrick to address them directly. Given that, Derrick has been pre-occupied with outside work and adding features to the myt2a website, so most fixes that require significant code time (except high priority fixes), are taking a seat on the back burner for now.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

Well that's good to know because I had just jumped headfirst into digging through old websites.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I'd randomly find people in the room behind covetous liches, couldn't work out why because there's no t-chest or anything in there. Guess I know what they were doing now :o
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Random location sounds good, what's the point of a location that always spawns them at SOME time? Then people can just macro a char to pick it up, make it completely random!

I am for this anyway.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Psilo wrote:Random location sounds good, what's the point of a location that always spawns them at SOME time? Then people can just macro a char to pick it up, make it completely random!

I am for this anyway.
That seems akin to Purple Potions and Treasure maps. Why not randomize the potion timer, and utilize new Tmap locations because the current ones are already known? It's because of accuracy I imagine.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

any fixes planed n future?
the whole system is not accurate and i want it to be changed.
ty
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Arsen wrote:any fixes planed n future?
ty
"I want the value of my rares to go up." - WL Conspiracy

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

Mens Rea wrote:
ty
"I want the value of my rares to go up." - WL Conspiracy
i never camped or picked a single spawning rare here.
ppl how do so are actually stacking those rares because it is how it is.
its not era accurte so need to be fixed. if it would be era accurate i would at least try it.
ty for your pointless comment "mr. i care to much about arsen"

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Arsen wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:
ty

ppl how do so are actually stacking those rares because it is how it is.
Say what

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Hahaha HOW ARE DO YOU IT RARE STACK

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

iam not a native english speaker. isnt the first time you make fun about foreigner. go on racist.

very grown up