Attack last and tabbing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Attack last and tabbing

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:I just wanted to note one special comment from Ultima Online's web site.
UO.COM - http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=12 wrote:There is a slight delay of a few seconds in how fast you can toggle in and out of War mode.
Did you notice a "few seconds" on the web site?

I noticed earlier on in this thread that Hemperor mentioned that this was "confirmed" to be the case in the demo AND current UO by Kaivan. I also find it strange that the way tab currently functions is exactly the way that it appears on the demo. How these strange coincidences pop up from time to time, eh.
How you aren't banned from these boards is incredible. You really do nothing productive, you claim to have submitted code for menus (like anyone gives a shit) but other than that I don't think you have EVER added decently to a discussion. Please stop cluttering my productive discussions.

Now, UO expert, the reason there would be a few second delay on current OSI is because of how it's handled. Switching into and out of war mode seperately are their own actions which is handled by the action delay or something similar (OSI's is even longer than ours).

Also not sure what the rest of your bs post is stating, clearly they do not function the same. You got my last topic DELETED which contained videos displaying both the demo and UOSA, please stay the hell out of this one.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't see anything in my response that is negative for such action to be taken. First, you hatred towards me pretty much derives from in game feud and the many times that you were proven wrong on the forums by me. However, this isn't the time or place to direct any anger or social issues that you pertain.

Your last topic got deleted because of this very same reason.

Now back to the topic of this discussion...

Your comment about "current OSI tabbing" makes absolutely no sense.

Would you please phrase it better for people to understand?
Last edited by Faust on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:I just wanted to note one special comment from Ultima Online's web site.
UO.COM - http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=12 wrote:There is a slight delay of a few seconds in how fast you can toggle in and out of War mode.
Did you notice a "few seconds" on the web site?

I noticed earlier on in this thread that Hemperor mentioned that this was "confirmed" to be the case in the demo AND current UO by Kaivan. I also find it strange that the way tab currently functions is exactly the way that it appears on the demo. How these strange coincidences pop up from time to time, eh.

PS
Hemperors "research" and Kaivan's view on the way this game mechanic functions is based on visual interpretation.

Ok, I'm a little confused here. In my previous post on this thread (See below) it shows that tabing wasn't nerfed to a 1 second delay until 2005. It would be perfectly reasonable to assume that any such delay before this was a matter of some default delay which I believe we think it to be 250ms.

The source posted above is from 2009? There's not doubt that OSI tweaked the delay. I mean, don't they have some neon beattle now or something? Can't you make an 'elven forge' now?

Kraarug wrote:....

It seems that a 1 second tab/war mode delay was not added until 12 Jan 2005.

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=751
Combat Fixes/Tweaks

* Changed War Mode Toggle delay to one second.
It would be very difficult to believe that a toggle delay of >1 second existed before this, and I have searched all the previous patch notes and have yet to find a reference to any similar tab related toggle delay.

Given that, it would seem that there was no such delay or, as Hemp suggests, the delay was set the the min of 250ms.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There are TWO type of delays or values associated with tab as stated previously Kraarug...

There is the toggle delay and the timeout delay. The toggle delay is how many times you can tab before the timeout phase begins. The timeout phase happens when you hit a specific increment of repeated tabs over and over disabling the tab process for a few seconds.

This is the problem that you guys are failing to understand. You continue to look at the delay process of tabbing like it's a standard delay like a skill re-use when it's a packet throttle not a delay...

The way that it works is that the amount of tabs done in a specific time period will phase out the tab process disabling from use for a few seconds. This uses two separate delays or values during the process.

The toggle delay did shift to one second as I mentioned earlier in this thread... That doesn't necessarily mean that it shifted up or down specifically. It coudl have been higher or it could have been lower. Who really knows... The current description of the way tab works in the UO Herald guide functions exactly the same as I saw in the demo. The values for the process may be incorrect but the way it functions is EXACTLY the same.

Using visual interpration to make a claim on this function is the wrong way to clarifiy this. I would prefer waiting until Batlin gains more access to the core before jumping to conclusions in my opinion.