Suggestion: Reinstate trophies for CTF/DD

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should trophies be reinstated for DD and CTF Events?

Yes, as they were previously.
62%
Yes, but for every two wins, or a 50% shot of winning one each time.
4%
No, everything is fine as is.
8%
No, but there should be a stat/ranking system to encourage participation.
27%

Total votes: 52

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Suggestion: Reinstate trophies for CTF/DD

Post by Fwerp »

Not a bad idea archaic.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:If they lowered the cost amount in points of the trophy rewards when redeemed and made it so that "new" points were redeemable only by the participant...it would stop alot of the afk- log in- grab trophy alts and reward players for interaction as well as giving people a good excuse to practice pvp and have some risk free guiltless fun killing everyone they can for no reason what so ever other then to win.
Honestly that's a brilliant idea.
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I agree as well, this is probably the best solution.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Mirage wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:If they lowered the cost amount in points of the trophy rewards when redeemed and made it so that "new" points were redeemable only by the participant...it would stop alot of the afk- log in- grab trophy alts and reward players for interaction as well as giving people a good excuse to practice pvp and have some risk free guiltless fun killing everyone they can for no reason what so ever other then to win.
Didnt you argue tooth and bone about 4 pages back when i mentioned only having the trophy winner being able to redeem them?

Or are you simply agreeing with this on the concept of lower reward costs means more rewards for the trophies you already have?

I think this idea would be great as long as what ever % the reward cost is lowered by, existing trophy value is lowered by the same %. So if a 50 pt reward now cost 25. Then existing trophies would be worth .5 points. Still on board?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Hoots wrote:
Mirage wrote:
Didnt you argue tooth and bone about 4 pages back when i mentioned only having the trophy winner being able to redeem them?

Or are you simply agreeing with this on the concept of lower reward costs means more rewards for the trophies you already have?

I think this idea would be great as long as what ever % the reward cost is lowered by, existing trophy value is lowered by the same %. So if a 50 pt reward now cost 25. Then existing trophies would be worth .5 points. Still on board?
Well I went into agreement when I suggested bundling it with lowering the costs of redeemed prizes. That way its not just the veterns that can participate and enjoy and have a chance to win something real from these events besides gold. The people who were getting anything from the trophy rewards were only those people who could afford it.

And as a matter of fact, I sold all my trophies long ago. You'd have to resolve the issue with people who amassed trophies. But being the prize costs would be lowered there seems to be no reason why existing trophy points which can be exchanged by anyone should not be lowered as well. It's not like they would be losing value.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

Hoots wrote:
Mirage wrote:

It's a good idea because if you bind the trophies to a person and lower the rewards then certain objects are realistically obtainable that way. Binding trophies to people with the amount of events we have each day and the amount it takes to get items, it would take forever to get anything just about let alone the high end with the current trade in value. I don't know why you're trying to turn this into something personal. Not binding trophies still is the best way to go IMO. It brings the trophy economy back into play and promotes activity in general (with people trying to farm for trophies). I honestly think the only people fighting against this are people who already have a significant amount of items from the trophy system or people who can't participate in events. BTW the last couple CTFs I went to my team completely dominated and ended within about 10 minutes because there was barely ANYONE playing it. I saw AT LEAST 5 players afking throughout the event also, so please guys......spare the AFK/CTFs are better with less people talk for someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. By the way hoots who is your character cuz I've yet to see you at an event?

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I think this is a great solution, and I think it will do wonders for revitalizing the shard.

Coordinated playing times = more active shard, and given the doldrums we've been in lately, it couldn't come at a better time.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

and this would only be for the "new" trophies right? like past a certain date? cuz ive been saving a lot of points and they arent just mine.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Mirage wrote:By the way hoots who is your character cuz I've yet to see you at an event?
You have seen me and killed me at CTF many times. Typically on one of my reds. I play 2-3 ctfs a week if i happen to be on.

Im not making it personal Mirage. When we argued about it before it sounded as if your motivation was 100% selfish in arguing for whatever was the quickest way for you to get trophies regardless of how it effects the shard.

I think a combination of nontransferable points combined with lowering reward costs will do wonders for the events as well.

I just hope we can address the afk'ing issues. Lowering rewards could also make ALOT more people try to afk events.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

That does seem to be the general policy here (grandfathering).

I am sure something equitable can be devised to reconcile the two trophy types. Maybe trophies can have a time horizon to be turned in and converted?

To be honest, the implementation is of little concern to me. I just want something that motivates people to join events, which means that large amounts of players will be active simultaneously at least a couple of times per day.

It's an old game, but I think this era-inaccuracy (namely the events and trophies) is a great means toward accomplishing the era-accurate feel of having lots of players to interact with. Maybe there's another carrot-on-a-stick idea that could realize this end; but, I think it's good to with the tried and the true, even if the system is imperfect.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Maybe Mirage is taking it personally, but I promise his motivation is not just selfish-accumulation of trophies. He already has a hued tribal mask and infinite gold.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Sorry to do three replies in a row, but I don't think AFKing is going to be an issue if we have penalties. If the penalty bans people from events for a time and docks them reward points, people will be hesitant to AFK.

Basically, I am not convinced AFKing is the insurmountable problem it is being characterized as.

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

kill drizitz wrote:and this would only be for the "new" trophies right? like past a certain date? cuz ive been saving a lot of points and they arent just mine.
It's all relative to be honest as long as if they give 1/2 a point then the rewards would be lowered by half.
Fwerp wrote: To be honest, the implementation is of little concern to me. I just want something that motivates people to join events, which means that large amounts of players will be active simultaneously at least a couple of times per day.

It's an old game, but I think this era-inaccuracy (namely the events and trophies) is a great means toward accomplishing the era-accurate feel of having lots of players to interact with. Maybe there's another carrot-on-a-stick idea that could realize this end; but, I think it's good to with the tried and the true, even if the system is imperfect.
I agree fwerp.

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

*kick* :mrgreen:

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!