POLL: Win or Fail? Noncombat-centric tourneys.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Win or Fail?

Win!
50%
Fail!
13%
Good idea, but needs a little work.
38%
Meh...
No votes

Total votes: 16

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

POLL: Win or Fail? Noncombat-centric tourneys.

Post by Duke Jones »

You know what I love about UO? Freedom. You can choose if you want to be a Bloodthirsty Killer, Cunning mage, or a simple fisherman or lumberjack. You're not forced to fit into a pre-determined Class.

With that being said, I though it would be darn-right nifty. If we could have some noncombat-centric Tourneys. Here are some of my Ideas. Please Vote if any of these are Win or Fail. Keep all criticisms constructive, please.

***Snatch and Grab!***

Anyone who has spent any amount of time in Brit or near Moongates knows there are no shortage of cheeky little thieves. I say, let them compete in their own tournament!

Rules: All participants are equipped with X number of a unique tournament Item. When the event starts, participants have 5 minutes to steal as many of this item from others as they can, while avoiding getting theived. No murdering allowed. This is strictly thief vs. thief. When the 5 minutes is up, the participant with the most of these items is declared the winner!
Hiding/stealth is allowed, however powerful, active, purple potions will constantly spawn in random locations to negate long-term hiding.

***Heal, Boy!***

Healers Unite!

Rules: Similar to survival, except each healer is assigned to keeping their respective NPC fighters alive as steadily increasing waves of mobs are sent to ensure their demise! When the NPCs assigned to the designated healer all die, that healer's points are tallied up from how many waves he helped defend against.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: POLL: Win or Fail? Noncombat-centric tourneys.

Post by BlackFoot »

i think ill try and run the thief tourny :D nice idea
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Thanks I tried to think of something that was different, wasn't just about who is a better fighter, and wouldn't cater to AFKers.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

I've thought of something similar before, but I always felt it needed a little some extra. More dimensions to it. I'll think on it and see if I can add something

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

How about we just allow stealth/hide in events. I realise stealing wont work because of that whole "free-use" thing, but the other skills seem completely reasonable to me. If we are stuck with these events anyway, at least let everyone compete. Not everyone child wanted to be a tank-mage when they grew up.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

MatronDeWinter wrote:How about we just allow stealth/hide in events. I realise stealing wont work because of that whole "free-use" thing, but the other skills seem completely reasonable to me. If we are stuck with these events anyway, at least let everyone compete. Not everyone child wanted to be a tank-mage when they grew up.
lol @ that.

Look! Look! Junior is about to say his first words!!!

"Goo-goo Hally-whack Ga-ga"

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

No good. My e-peen only gets hard when I r0xx0r j00.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Allowing stealth/hiding in some CTF's could be a great idea. No harm in giving it a whirl.

Krats

Post by Krats »

Duke Jones wrote: Look! Look! Junior is about to say his first words!!!

"Goo-goo Hally-whack Ga-ga"
LMAO
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.