Stealth while mounted and hiding cooldown time

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Stealth while mounted and hiding cooldown time

Post by Hicha »

Blue PK changes, fishing, and more Mar 28 1999 9:35AM CST
Skills
Stealth
* You cannot stealth while riding a horse.
Currently you can hide while mounted, and then engage stealth while mounted ("You begin to move quietly") although trying to move while mounted and stealthed will reveal you. You can stealth while mounted, dismount, and continue to stealth around.

Also noted in this same patch:
UO Live Access Patch Aug 26 1999 12:39PM CST

New Macros FAQ
How do you use the "delay" macro?

* The "Delay" macro will cause your character to wait before going to the next macro in a list. Remember, the "delay" macro counts in tenths of a second. Therefore, one second would be 10. For example, the following series of actions would cause your character to use the hiding skill, wait 7 seconds, and then use the stealth skill with the press of one key:
o use skill = hide
o delay = 70
o use skill = stealth
Is hiding supposed to be set at a 10 second delay, or a 7 second delay as referred to in this macro example? Or do we just assume this is a "typo?"
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Re: Stealth while mounted and hiding cooldown time

Post by Faust »

10 seconds.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

hiicha, i found that exact patch note a while ago and looked all over for something to confirm 7 seconds with. I believe it is a typo. I was not able to find one string of text on the interweb with the googlemachine, besides the patch, that mentioned hiding as 7 seconds.

It is 10 seconds in all documenation except that patch note.

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

I think they mean that you cannot stealth as in "You cannot actually take steps stealthed while mounted." Hitting stealth then dismounting really has no difference from dismounting then hitting stealth.

Octur

Post by Octur »

That not 100% true i tryed to steal from a person that was in brit tower and the little hack was on a horse and stealth out the door and then got off there horse when i called her a hack. Then invis the horse with out casting anything and then stealth off screen just to see her name pop up about 2 sec before she ran off... UO has way to many hacks. But over all she showed it can be done...

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Octur wrote:That not 100% true i tryed to steal from a person that was in brit tower and the little hack was on a horse and stealth out the door and then got off there horse when i called her a hack. Then invis the horse with out casting anything and then stealth off screen just to see her name pop up about 2 sec before she ran off... UO has way to many hacks. But over all she showed it can be done...
Well, yes the cat is outta the bag. You can effective "stealth" your horse. By activating stealth while on your horse then dismounting, people in your current screen will not be able to see it. This does not affect people off screen however.

To clarifyhere is an example: If you were standing at the West Britain tailorshop with a buddy of yours, then stealthed yourself while mounted, you of course, would be invisible to all. If you then dismounted you and your horse would still be invisible to your buddy who has kept you on his screen.

If however, you were to move west towards the bank, your horse would not appear to be hidden to anyone who did not originally see you hide(stealth) it.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:
Octur wrote:That not 100% true i tryed to steal from a person that was in brit tower and the little hack was on a horse and stealth out the door and then got off there horse when i called her a hack. Then invis the horse with out casting anything and then stealth off screen just to see her name pop up about 2 sec before she ran off... UO has way to many hacks. But over all she showed it can be done...
Well, yes the cat is outta the bag. You can effective "stealth" your horse. By activating stealth while on your horse then dismounting, people in your current screen will not be able to see it. This does not affect people off screen however.

To clarifyhere is an example: If you were standing at the West Britain tailorshop with a buddy of yours, then stealthed yourself while mounted, you of course, would be invisible to all. If you then dismounted you and your horse would still be invisible to your buddy who has kept you on his screen.

If however, you were to move west towards the bank, your horse would not appear to be hidden to anyone who did not originally see you hide(stealth) it.
Which is why it should be fixed.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

That wasn't a hack and I am not a she my character was though...what was with you saying you were taking vids of that? I found that pretty funny.
PS I didn't Invis the horse...I hid and jumped on it. You can stealth with your horse but it's only effective to those people who are on screen when you do it.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

hiicha wrote:
Arkosh Kovasz wrote:

Exactly you should be able to stealth dismounted as the patch notes say.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Hoots wrote:hiicha, i found that exact patch note a while ago and looked all over for something to confirm 7 seconds with. I believe it is a typo. I was not able to find one string of text on the interweb with the googlemachine, besides the patch, that mentioned hiding as 7 seconds.

It is 10 seconds in all documenation except that patch note.
Are there ANY sources from Aug 26 1999 to Nov 1999 that show 10 seconds?

I've always though 10 seconds was way to long of a wait to hide again. It didn't jive with what I remembered.

A OSI PUBLISHED Macro is pretty hard evidence. I'd like to see what is used to establish a flat 10 seconds.

Please provide your links or show proof.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Demo is 10 seconds.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

hiicha wrote:
Arkosh Kovasz wrote:

I'm not so sure it should be fixed....

http://web.archive.org/web/199910012205 ... tealth.htm

It shows you are able to mount a horse and stay hidden, you just couldn't move.
# You cannot stealth while riding a horse. You can mount it and stay hidden though.
This next note is very interesting...
# When stealthing near other people there is a chance you are detected. A check is made by comparing the stealthers Stealth skill and Dexterity versus the other persons Detect Hidden skill and Intelligence.
I wonder if it works like that on UOSA.

Also, if a spell is casted for reveal hidden, shouldn't similar checks be made?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:Demo is 10 seconds.
That's the June 1998 demo. We have a August 26 1999 OSI Published Macro showing 7 seconds.

8.26.99 > 6.98 right?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It could have been reduced, however I like to find an additional source.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Derrick wrote:It could have been reduced, however I like to find an additional source.
I'm on it! :D