Dragons/Wyrms needing food after 2 commands and Taming.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Dragons/Wyrms needing food after 2 commands and Taming.

Post by GuardianKnight »

I go hunting with 2 dragons most of the time and i am noticing some things that aren't the same as a couple weeks ago.

1. 2 or 3 commands and it needs food or it won't do anything.

2. If i feed it before it stops listening to me it doesn't count and i have to feed it again after 1 command.

3. I was taming up to 100 dragons just a couple of weeks ago with no problems and this week they just don't want to tame.

I have been controlling dragons for 2 months now and it has never been this bad. I was using 5 dragons for a while and didn't have to feed them this much.

Maybe someone has experienced this?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dragons/Wyrms needing food after 2 commands and Taming.

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

100 Lore right? And you feed them until they are wonderfully happy when you are going out? There was a change in HP regen and consuming food...maybe it could have been a side effect.

Just guessing things throwing them out there.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:100 Lore right? And you feed them until they are wonderfully happy when you are going out? There was a change in HP regen and consuming food...maybe it could have been a side effect.

Just guessing things throwing them out there.
yes 100 lore. My usual pets are very well fed :)
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There have been no changes to this ir any other pet control aspects for a very long time.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Maybe you are spoiling them?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Derrick wrote:There have been no changes to this or any other pet control aspects for a very long time.
Weird. Maybe i am just having extremely bad luck or they just don't like me at all.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

"won't listen to me" and "won't do anything" make it tough to diagnose the issue here. Animal Lore them and tell us how happy they are.

If they are Extremely or Wonderfully Happy, they should follow commands nearly every time.

If they are Very Happy, sometimes they'll fail a few commands but they'll follow more often than not and get back up to Extremely or Wonderfully.

If they are Happy, there's a good chance you're going to fail a bunch of commands; I always feed a Happy pet, and usually feed at Very Happy just for the heck of it.

I think at GM Taming, you have something like a 14% chance of taming a dragon on any given attempt. It's not unusual at all for it to take 15 or more attempts, which can seem like an eternity if you happened to get a couple in a row on like 3 attempts.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

when i use dragons i find that odd also
there is no point in feeding them until they are already disobeying.
Feeding before hand doesnt help in any way.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Again... remember the loyalty levels.

Feeding a pet will instantly move it to Wonderfully Happy, the highest loyalty level you can achieve. It doesn't do anything else; a pet that's fed while already Wonderfully Happy won't "remember" that it has some excess food in its dragon belly. Otherwise, you could just drop a bunch of meat on a dragon and it would never fail a command for hours.

The formula for following a command is 80% Taming, 20% Animal Lore, and some percent/multiplier for happiness level.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

even at 100% taming/lore/happiness/loyalty/fullness your dragon with disobey you 1/3, so if you have more than 2 dragons you need fat stacks of meat to keep going. Or you tell each of your pets to guard the other pets. You get a big chain of pets guarding each other and you dont need to issue commands, they all just kill stuff constantly.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

alatar

Post by alatar »

BlackFoot wrote:even at 100% taming/lore/happiness/loyalty/fullness your dragon with disobey you 1/3, so if you have more than 2 dragons you need fat stacks of meat to keep going. Or you tell each of your pets to guard the other pets. You get a big chain of pets guarding each other and you dont need to issue commands, they all just kill stuff constantly.
+1 for smart use of mechanics 8)
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

BlackFoot wrote:even at 100% taming/lore/happiness/loyalty/fullness your dragon with disobey you 1/3
In the history of UO, this has never been the case. Not even close.

For what it's worth, I just had a pet at Rather Happy and succeeded 5 commands in a row (a near-impossible feat) and it was still Rather Happy after that. There seems to be something broken as pets get lower and lower in the loyalty levels. It should make them less likely to obey commands, yes, but given a success I don't think the loyalty should be going up less (or not at all) compared to when at a higher level like Extremely Happy.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I haven't had a chance to test this issue myself yet, but this will be looked at. Thanks much!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”