uosa journal entry #1

Share stories and special moments with the community.
JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

uosa journal entry #1

Post by JoshuaLee »

I think as of late there have been a number of IRC and Forum scamming going on. I think it's important to remind the community of this shard that it is illegal to use such means to scam someone.

Scamming has always been and always will be a part of UO. It comes with the ultimate freedom from which to do as you please, when you please. When a scam occurs in the game there is nothing that can be done about it, you simply learn from your mistake and move on. This is how the game has always been.

But there is a line that is being crossed as of late where people are starting to use the uosa IRC main channel and the forums to advertise their scams. A good friend of mine lost his singing ball because someone ( not going to mention who ) agreed to a deal in the irc main channel.

The irc channel and the forums are a way to enrich the community, help out new players, and make business transactions easier and much safer. I would not even be bringing this up if my friend has lost his ball in the game alone, I would of told him I felt bad for him and to be more careful next time. But someone took advantage of a good person in a way that is not just dishonest, is just downright illegal.

IRC and forums have a way of bringing the whole shard, the whole land of brittania, into a neat little cubboard. Where everyone is only a click of a mouse away from contact. I think people are starting to get lazy to the point where they don't have the skill required to scam someone in the game alone. They must use other means of scamming that were for the sole purpose of only enrichning the community, not trying to slander or tear it down.

So I want to remind everyone that scamming in IRC and forums is highly illegal.

On a lighter note, I really did enjoy the mission of hell. I think I was trying to hide from a AW when "Satan" spawned. I was so excited I decided to make a run for it but was immediately devestated by the furocious creature. My friends came to my aid and lured the mighty dragon away so that I could recover my belongings.

We then preceded into the main chamber where the legendary "Satan" started to give chase. I could only stop in awe of the power it possessed as I almost hesitated to run for my dear life. It seemed to look me straight into the eyes and flames glistened around it's blood red figure.

Soon everyone rallied together to defeat the tyranny that was almost set loose upon the world. Many died, and only few remained to tell the tale.

As everyone was fleeing for their lives trying to save their own skin, the legendary Lord Dupre stood brave and strong on the frontlines. His holy sword steady in his hand, his courage as solid as a stone that lives forever. Even in the darkest hour, in the flames of hell, the citizens of Brittania stood strong on this day to protect the weak.

Rejoice! For the gates of hell have once again been sealed. And Satan has returned to his slumber deep within the ground.

Should such a horrible thing as this awaken again, I have confidence that there are those that remain in this corrupted land, that would call to arms to defend their homeland.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: uosa journal entry #1

Post by Mikel123 »

To be honest, I think if you know someone who is scamming via IRC and you are not willing to tell others who this is, you're probably contributing to the problem. Just my opinion.

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: uosa journal entry #1

Post by JoshuaLee »

Mikel123 wrote:To be honest, I think if you know someone who is scamming via IRC and you are not willing to tell others who this is, you're probably contributing to the problem. Just my opinion.
I concur. Chances are if someone knew about it then they must be friends or have some level of trust, so there would be no reason for the person to say anything about it. But I would hope they would at least have the balls to tell them to get their shit straight.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Return to “Tales of Adventure”