Server War

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Armalite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Server War

Post by Armalite »

Hey everybody, I would like to set up a server war, record one or more videos of the brawl, and post it on youtube as a promo for secondage.com. The war would be on a weekend, during peak hours. Exact time and date is yet to be determined.

Rules: no rules, all items are fair game, all potions are fair game.

Place: somewhere we could record a good looking video (ideas are welcome)

We would be looking to make 2 teams (obviously), and the more people that show the better (again, obviously). As for prizes, I'm not sure yet... we can figure that part out later I'm sure.

I think youtube uploads max out at 9 or 10 mins. I would like to have maybe 3 to 4 people record the fight (possibly gm's, so they don't die while shooting the vid). Also, I'm not much of a computer guy... so anyone that knows their way around video editing, and has some spare time to help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

So yeah... that's the idea. Let me know what you all think... if you would like to attend, comments, ideas, etc. Thanks !!

Pro

Re: Server War

Post by Pro »

Why not just use actual shard pvp? Instead of a prized trammel event why not organize a fight night at bucs?

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Pro wrote:Why not just use actual shard pvp? Instead of a prized trammel event why not organize a fight night at bucs?

That's what he's proposing.

Buc's Den sounds like a good place to have it.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Pro

Post by Pro »

He's proposing a "server war" as in the title meaning it'll all get reverted

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Pro wrote:He's proposing a "server war" as in the title meaning it'll all get reverted
Yes, let's have a server war during peak hours and have everything reverted when we're done. Fantastic.

It is obvious that is not what he meant. He meant a "server war", get as many people as possible in one place, divide into teams (perhaps using colored capes) and have at it. Sounds like a good time. Post it on YouTube and use it as a promo to show how alive and kicking this shard is. Or, you know what, let's just scrap that idea and run 7 man gank squads through all the dungeons twice every hour.

But you are right, Bucs Den would be a cool place to have it.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Pro

Post by Pro »

tears down your face

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Pro wrote:tears down your face
LOLWUT?

Armalite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Armalite »

Nothing gets reverted... if I worded the title poorly, then I apologize. I just want to get as many people involved as possible... that's why I'm suggesting peek hours. Nothing gets reverted though... if you die, you die.... if you lose your stuff, then you lose it, etc. If you don't want to lose anything good, don't bring anything good. However, this war is more about making a promo video than winning or losing. So for those like myself that suck at pvp... don't worry about it.... I'll be dying soon after it starts too. Just bring a horse instead of your favorite mount, and all your weapons and armor, get from an NPC vendor. As for regs and such, just bring a small amount so it's easily replaced. Time to promote the shard !! Hope to see you there !!

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

It's a great idea, however, please, PLEASE don't put some retarded deathmetal, screamer music on there, just like every other MMO PvP video out there. Let's be original.

P.S. If we're making a videoto promote the shard, then how about showing some other aspects of the shard besides PvP? With all the fun events some of the members of this community come up with, we could easily fill up a 8-9 min video.

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

No I don't think it should be staged like in Buc's Den or something. Should be straight up in Brit Graveyard like it always is.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Pro

Post by Pro »

ye lets cater to people who can run to guardzone

jcalvert86

Post by jcalvert86 »

If we just ban MhK from coming we dont have to worry about people running to houses or guard zones.

Downs

Post by Downs »

It's not a damn tourney, don't complain about where it is. He's talking about staging a commercial for UOSA. Not a winner gets trophies kinda deal. Just some cool looking video to post.

I'm terrible at pvp but I'll show up.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I say we do it in Hythloth 4!
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Just record SW during any night, plenty of people show up to fight and theres 15 mins of it.

PS no death metal, no music at all, just original UO sounds. Will get them nostalgic.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS