player vendors

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
caveman

player vendors

Post by caveman »

They didn't deposit your gold in the bank. I sold uo gold in t2a and am 100% positive i had to use pack horses to take the gold to the bank. This wasn't changed until uor.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: player vendors

Post by tekai »

For the record, this is why i paid bag of tricks 350k for my moonglow vendor house. When i bought it, like almost a year ago, i had never used a vendor on UOSA, and assumed that is how it worked =p
[broken image]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

caveman wrote:They didn't deposit your gold in the bank. I sold uo gold in t2a and am 100% positive i had to use pack horses to take the gold to the bank. This wasn't changed until uor.
They didn't originally take gold from your bank account either. I believe both of these things were changed in era, but not sure when, or if.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

I never remember played vendors depositing gold automatically into the bank.

I decided to look this up and here is what I have found so far on the topic...
Server Publish Mar 14 2001 6:55PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_321.html wrote: Player Owned Vendor Changes
Player-owned vendors will be able to give the gold they are holding to their owners in bank check form if the amount is between 4999 gold and 1 million gold. If the gold amount being held for the player by the vendor is between 4999 and 1 million gold, the vendor will hand this to the owner in the form of a bank check (as long as the vendor is actually carrying this amount). If the amount is less equal to or less then 4999 gold then the vendor will hand the owner the amount in gold form. If the gold held by the vendor is more than 1 million gold, the vendor will retain the amount over 1 million gold until the next request for gold is made by the player.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Derrick wrote:
caveman wrote:They didn't deposit your gold in the bank. I sold uo gold in t2a and am 100% positive i had to use pack horses to take the gold to the bank. This wasn't changed until uor.
They didn't originally take gold from your bank account either. I believe both of these things were changed in era, but not sure when, or if.
I am assuming you meant taking gold when purchasing an item, because I have never heard of them taking money from your bank to fund their services.
From the 12/16/1997 patch that introduced vendors:
Customers can buy items from a vendor using gold they have on their person or in the bank.
In regard to vendors automatically depositing gold in your bank account, this is from the Stratics page for npc vendor commands:
Link: http://web.archive.org/web/200003060806 ... ndorplayer
Stratics wrote: "(Name*) collect", "(Name*) gold", "(Name*) get"
If you are the owner of the vendor, he will give you the gold he is holding. He will not give you more gold than you can carry.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks. This will be fixed.
We also need to add Vendor re-deeding
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Wow..

Combine this change with accurate secure trade gumps and the removal of bank checks, its a newbies worst nightmare :)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sorry, dumb question, but how do you actually pay them? You have to drop gold on them? What happens if they run out - do they immediately disappear with all your items? I'm a little confused. Thanks for the help.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Drop gold on them to put in in their personal account, if that runs dry, they will take money from your revenue account until that is depleted. When you run out of money they drop all their stuff in a backpack on the ground and disapear

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Remove vendor customization too!! Have the items on all vendors fly to the owner's bank :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

RoadKill wrote:Remove vendor customization too!! Have the items on all vendors fly to the owner's bank :)
yea i dont think you could dress vendors in t2a

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

guys, i understand that you want era accuracy... but sometimes basic things are so much better : for instance, we already have vendor customization working well, it makes the shard nicer..

we also have gold going back to bank directly when you collect it... honestly, if you remove this feature, i might stop my shop... pain in the *** to grab cash all the time...

please, think twice before adapting absolutely everything to the area...

removing checks was already a bad step... in my opinion = it had increased the scamming on the shard and made the bigs deals much more annoying... (yes we have brokers now, I m one of them... but think about the little noob that dont know/use forums...)
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

The first thing a few of my friends saw when they arrived here were custom vendors. That's an instant turn off for many people looking for a T2A experience, one of them IM'd me shortly after seeing one and asked "what other custom additions does this "t2a shard" have?"

We have the post-AOS vendor customization system, so far out of era, during UO:R there was crappy customization (that weird gump where you could pick from a series of checkboxes/items and then hue it).

Why be an accurate shard and keep things so far out of era? I'd rather see Factions than post-AOS game aspects (and I really don't like Factions :) )
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

In the history of this shard, has something from the era ever not been implemented because it would be annoying? I don't think we should start now.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Bigoud wrote: we also have gold going back to bank directly when you collect it... honestly, if you remove this feature, i might stop my shop... pain in the *** to grab cash all the time...
Seriously? Your shop is literally 4 steps from the bank, you probably wouldn't even have to move between "collect" and banking.

I agree that I wouldn't mind seeing some of the early '00 things from T2A (healing being dex based) due to a convienance factor but if it is truly era accuracy we're going for, of the Nov-Dec '99 time frame, I'm (now) all for it as long as it actually is era accurate.