Lost Connection

Xombie

Lost Connection

Post by Xombie »

Over the last week or so while macroing magery after 20 minutes of not watching the character I lost connection. I've tried this on multiple connections and was wondering if there would be a reason for this. I never get disconnected while playing only while macroing away from the computer.

Derrick

Re: Lost Connection

Post by Derrick »

The shard goes down daily at 7am ET (GMT-5), and we also had two unexplained crashes this week in wee hours. Is there any chance this could explain it?

There's nothing within the shard that will disconnect you for repetitive actions, or lack of action
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Xombie

Post by Xombie »

In the last hour and a half i've lost connection on 2 of my 3 account about 5 times while macroing on the 2 the other one which i am watching doesn't get disconnected. Could it be something within Razor doing it?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

could your macro be useing i think its alt k (at work can't test with UO) to pull up the log out gump .. and some how be activating it ..

(when it happens do you get booted to the login screen .. or can you still see your char and surroundings with a gump in the middle of screen that says disconnected)

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Xombie

Post by Xombie »

everything is still on the screen until i click ok on lost connection. I'm trying it again with 2 account running going to watch 1 and see if they disconnect again. checked the macro and nothing in there would activate alt k.

Xombie

Post by Xombie »

both just lost connection again same time. So I don't know if it's a connection thing on my end since if i'm out killing monsters this never happens but in my house macroing magery it's happening all the time.

Xombie

Post by Xombie »

For the last hour been running around on my character in Wind and haven't lost connection so it's only when I macro.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Maybe your con in Canada to this server isn't good enough to run more than 1 for long?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Xombie

Post by Xombie »

My home connection I would understand but my work connection never goes down and is very fast. How long did we play together last night didn't have any problems. Today i'm macroing while i'm at work and it keeps going down.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Xombie wrote:My home connection I would understand but my work connection never goes down and is very fast. How long did we play together last night didn't have any problems. Today i'm macroing while i'm at work and it keeps going down.
Yeah it doesn't make sense. I can vouch that he never even lags when we play together.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Is there anything else that you're PC might be doing in an idle state that might be causing this?

I know whenever i connect or disconnect a VPN connection withing windows it drops my UO connection.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Xombie

Post by Xombie »

No I can't figure out whats happening. It only does it while macroing it seems at the 15-20 minute mark of macroing it drops. I had a connection test running while it happened and there was no loss in connection at all. So I'm rather confused by it. It only really started doing this a week ago for the last couple of months it had no problem.

When I macro at home I'm usually sleeping so the computer is idle but at work i'm usually playing one character or actually doing work on the computer.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If this is a specific macro that's causing this, can you post the macro? Or, what type of macro is it. My question is, is there some type of data that's building up, like crafting menus that aren't getting closed.

Xombie

Post by Xombie »

This is the only macro i'm using other than to heal my character with bandages from my other account. Let it run today and it went for a good hour and a bit without getting lost connection. Played for 3 hours farming monsters with 0 lost connections so it must have to do something with the macro or razor.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|0|1|70|3600
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|1|40
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-2
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1076125704|1975|2330|6|3650
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.7000000
Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|51
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:2
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|0|40
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:11
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|focus your concentration
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:11
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46

exince

Post by exince »

funny.. i'm having the same problem.. i can play just fine.. if i'm macroing i get disconnected all few minutes.