SOLD OUT!! 3 Full Sets of T2A Books including chumbucket!

Selling: Your One-Stop-Shop for all your sales.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

SOLD OUT!! 3 Full Sets of T2A Books including chumbucket!

Post by Halogen »

Hello!

I have managed to collect 3 sets of the original 29 books from T2A, as well as the additional, harder to find "For Calista by chumbucket", for a total of 30 books.

This is the full historical set of pre-Lord Blackthorn's Revenge UO books, and the chumbucket book is of course unique to our fair shard. The books range from a few pages to almost 50, and contain both beautiful writing and important historical information about Ultima Online, as well as many references to earlier Ultima games. The chumbucket book has to be read to be believed!

I am asking 15k for each set....please post if you would like a set of these fine quality volumes!
Last edited by Halogen on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Selling 3 Full Sets of T2A Books including chumbucket!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

List a few
the only one I seem to have that is rare is "language of wisps" "For Calista" isn't rare.
I collected a ton of these, probably have them all don't know.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

Hello again!

Great idea, I should have listed the fine volumes originally :)

The books in the set are:

My Story by Sherry the Mouse

Virtue by Lord British

Treatise on Alchemy by Felicia Hierophant

Taming Dragons by Wyrd Beastmaster

For Calista by chumbucket

Beltran's Guide to Guilds by Beltran

The Burning of Trinsic by Japeth of Trinsic

The Fight by M. de la Garza

On the Diversity of Our Lands by Lord Blackthorn

Talking to Wisps by Yorick of Moonglow

Dimensional Travel, a Monograph by Dryus Doost, Mage

Ethical Hedonism: An Introduction by Richard Garriott

The Major Trade Associations by Pieter of Vesper

A Grammar of Orcish by Yorick of Yew

A Song of Samlethe by Sandra

A Primer on Arms and Weapons by Martin

A Political Call to Anarchy by Lord Blackthorn

The Life of a Traveling Minstrel by Sarah of Yew

The Rankings of Trades by Lord Higginbotham

Classic Children's Tales, Volume 2 by Guilhem, Editor

A Tale of Three Tribes by Janet, Scribe

Quest of the Virtues by Autenil

The Bold Stranger by Old Fabio the Poor

Regarding Llamas by Simon

Britannian Flora: A Casual Guide by Herbert the Lost

Birds of Britannia by Thom the Heathen

Phonemes of the orcish tongue by Yorick of Yew

Classic Tales of Vesper, Volume 1 by Clarke's Printery

The Wild Girl of the Forest by Horace the Trader

Deceit: A Dungeon of Horrors by Mercenary Justin

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Is my book an original copy, or does it spawn now? There were about forty or so originals, which of course can be copied by anyone.

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

Hail o great chumbucket!

I admire your book greatly, it is a true classic....and it does indeed spawn now (in fact in four different bindings), and is thus now a part of our heritage, as befits a book of its stature :)

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

Hey,

Just in case anyone wants a set, or wants to see the volumes, I've put a set in a round colored bag on my vendor Marily, 3rd House NE of Yew Gate, house name Amazon Dot Com.

Thanks again!

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

Thanks to whoever purchased the first set of books!

I've put the second set on the vendor in a bright blue bag...Marily, 3rd House NE of Yew Gate, house name Amazon Dot Com.

I've had several people ask about "For Calista by chumbucket", so let me read the first line or two of this love story for the ages to you:

"I stealthed into your house and took your loot, but you stealthed into my heart and took my love."

We can only imagine the offspring of such a magnificent pair!

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

Thanks again to the kind, discerning and perspicacious soul who bought the second full set of books and added them to their collection!

I have placed the third set on my vendor for the same price....enjoy!

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

you just made my day.

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

It gladdens the heart to know that you are pleased with the books...thank you kindly!

And with that, I will go out and attempt to recover more of these well-woven wonders, hoping that I shall soon have another set to present to the wise and enigmatic public of our fair land.

Perhaps I should henceforth refer to the books as the chumbucket Collection....but no, I won't debase his sincere feelings of love in that fashion.

In any event, I will inform the clamoring throng each time I have secured all 30 titles, and make them available once more.

Thanks to all for their kind words, and farewell until next time!

marmalade

Re: SOLD OUT!! 3 Full Sets of T2A Books including chumbucket!

Post by marmalade »

just out of curiosity.. how do you know that is the complete list?

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

Well, there are a number of websites including Stratics that list the books (although Stratics' site actually is missing one book and lists another one that doesn't exist, embarrassingly enough). To the best of my knowledge, and from most sources I have seen, there were 29 books from day one of UO up until Lord Blackthorn's Revenge when 4 more were added, which were directly involved in the storyline of that specific expansion. Of course, with our own chumbucket book that makes an even 30 total :)

Of course we speak of spawning books as opposed to non-spawning, player-written tomes, of which there were a number of good ones on each shard. Perhaps we will have other books or series of books that will be deemed worthy of making the jump from the player-written ranks to more permanent, spawning status over time...I certainly would like to see some more excellent player-written books of the quality of chumbucket's book. I was, for instance, entertained recently by a series of books left on front porches by Kenrobby, and have tried to collect all of them, but I am not sure how many were produced. A compilation of this threateningly amusing series would be a great example of a creative, well-thought-out attempt to add to the wealth of the written word that our shard has already produced during its short existence.

Perhaps a periodic contest such as the one that appears to have been responsible for chumbucket's great book would be a way to inspire the creative talent lurking all over our world to produce more classic, special work that will live on for the rest of our time here.

These and many other qualities are what separates Ultima Online from all but a handful of other online games ever.

Thank you for your excellent question, and once again I hope you are enjoying the books!

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

I've gotten another set of all 30 books together, this time in a bright blue round bag, and have put them on my vendor, once more Marily, 3rd house NE of Yew Gate, house name Amazon Dot Com.

I'll try to continue to gather the books and put them on my vendor as I manage to get them, but if anyone ever wants to order a set in the future, just contact me here or on IRC and I will be happy to save the next set I complete for you :)

In any event, I'll lay this subject to rest for now and say thanks again for all the kind words and interesting questions here, in private messages and on IRC, and if you bought a set of the books, enjoy!

Return to “Archive Selling”