mYm request for town add ons: Duel arena

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should mYm be allowed a duel pit?

YES
58%
NO
42%

Total votes: 89

Pro

mYm request for town add ons: Duel arena

Post by Pro »

mYm has been on the server a fair amount of time and have managed to create our own town area north of vesper, and so we are asking for a duel arena add-on as to help with our hosting of events and hopefully boost the circulation of players in our town arena our co ords are; 123'34N, 119'19E for those of you wanting to check our area.

I'm sure a large part of the playerbase has probably seen our members now, I'll be the first to admit our recruitment policies aren't great but we do have around 10 active members currently which is already far too many http://my.uosecondage.com/guild.aspx?id=575 once again for those of you wanting to check.

The duel pit we're requesting will be similar to the nevermore/ace arena but with lockable doors and the ability to mark/gate inside not possible (feel free to argue me on this it's not vital).

Picture for reference

As for our efforts towards the shard here is a list of mym hosted tournaments;
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10126 2v2 Tourney by Me
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7648 1v1 Tourney hosted by Ardos
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=8266 By MIKE
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10666 UPCOMING FFA

+ I believe we hosted 2 or 3 tournies as -F- But I can't locate the threads sadly

marmalade

Re: mYm request for town add ons: Duel arena

Post by marmalade »

I'd like to add that if you dont think we should get a duel arena, like the four people who have already voted no on the poll, could you please post a reason why?

Just voting no and then not giving a reason for your vote just implies that you dont have a reason.

Thanks.

Iba mfing nez

Post by Iba mfing nez »

WIN

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

marmalade wrote:I'd like to add that if you dont think we should get a duel arena, like the four people who have already voted no on the poll, could you please post a reason why?

Just voting no and then not giving a reason for your vote just implies that you dont have a reason.

Thanks.
I'm only posting this because you asked.

The only knowledge I have of mYm is from the boards (I don't hunt very populated areas). What I have gathered is mYm runs around in a gank squad pking.

IMO a guild should have to help in building the shard and have a good reputation. I don't think we should have as many customs in towns as we do and usually vote "no" on these polls unless I know the guild to be upstanding. Nothing personal.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

poogoblin wrote:
marmalade wrote: I'm only posting this because you asked.

The only knowledge I have of mYm is from the boards (I don't hunt very populated areas). What I have gathered is mYm runs around in a gank squad pking.

IMO a guild should have to help in building the shard and have a good reputation. I don't think we should have as many customs in towns as we do and usually vote "no" on these polls unless I know the guild to be upstanding. Nothing personal.
Agree 100%. I try to say away from the PvP side of the game, so I too can only go by what I hear on IRC, the Forums, and other players in-game through here-say.

It's a bit short-sighted to expect the player base to feel obliged to give you their vote on giving you special things when their impression of you are a buncha murderers and possible griefers.

I've seen you advertise player events... and thats all well and good! But do you think that is enough to off-set the bad Mojo you stirred up PKing the commmunity with your gank squads?

Keep in mind that I'm not showing disrespect your gameplay style. I'm just saying that you need to take a look at your impact on the community. Remember: the people that you are "interacting with" also have a vote in these forums. As the old saying goes, "You made your bed, now sleep in it."

Karma works both in-game and out. :)
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

unfortunately Duke is right about the way a guild is directly is related to how the shard community feels about them, mYm have been around for quite some time now, and in my opinion have grown alot, they always have players online in Ventrillo and they are well known in game (granted its because of PKing and grefing) but thats the style of guild they are!

They have been holding a fair bit of events, and if they have an established town I suppose the addition of a small arena, 8x8 dirt patch or something with some wooden fence around it, very basic, I dont believe in guilds getting giant decorated pits of glory right off the bat etc, it should be built up, so I voted YES to this!!

As a shard we need to move more away from the automated PvP events to the player held ones, and mYm have been doing a decent job, I would though as a shard note that mYm holds events post area, to make sure that it is used!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Homie
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Homie »

voted yes

mYm is an active pvp related guild that has proven their abilities in hosting events.

the ganking issue is a lame argument to refuse this proposal.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Now that keep deeds are unstealable, I believe they may be entrusted with a duel arena. I don't see why it should be very fancy though.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Homie wrote:
the ganking issue is a lame argument to refuse this proposal.
Usually, yes. But when they're asking the general users on the forums (which include the people they gank) to vote on giving them special things. It kinda plays a role in them voting "NO." They wanted a reason why they would vote no.
I'd like to add that if you dont think we should get a duel arena, like the four people who have already voted no on the poll, could you please post a reason why?
Thats all I'm saying.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Is there anything besides dueling you would be using the areana for? I can see some alternate uses for one. Some good and some bad.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pro

Post by Pro »

The main purpose would be hosting events, with the secondary purpose of attracting players to our arena to duel at any hours. mYm has alot of duelers in so people know it would be populated most hours of the day by us which would attract other warring guilds, griefers and occasional blue to come and just duel people.

@pking and pvp: Lets be honest 90% of this shard has a pk thats a "secret" The only difference between when we pk'd was that we were efficient and got the majority of our targets in comparison to other pks. We never griefed so thats bullshit I suggest you don't believe everything people write, We ressed people if they showed as a ghost and only usually horsekilled because a stray pot/aoe meant that we were getting beaten down by one.

Look we may not play the same style as you but judge on what you've seen not what other people post in IRC because we all everyone in IRC is constantly talking trash about everyone else.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Voted Yes.

Before you guys vote no because mYm has
a) Ganked you
b) Ganked you
or
c) PvPed all over your face

Keep in mind that on this shard, there are two 'cliques' of communities. You PvMers, and us PvPers. What mYm brings to the shard is constant competition for us other O/C guilds to fight against. TBH, I myself & I'm sure there are others have only improved in my playing ability since they've been here.

Us PvPers weren't voting no on things like Wise's addons to his $$$ Vendor tower, which keep in mind doesn't benefit our playstyle at all, just because we're not PvMers. We voted because we felt as if he deserved it, all prejudaces aside.

Not only will this duel arena help pvp, but it'll also help those who intend on griefing. The current arenas are quite hard to do so. TB's has one entrance, ACE's is in the middle of PvP Central, Half the griefers are banned from Loops, Wrong Roof is too easy to get killed on.

That's two completely different playstyles that this will encourage. mYm has held quite a few PvP events and are one of the most active guilds on the shard, and have only continued to bring more players in as time has gone on.

So before you vote no just because you've been ganked by them once or twice, or got your face pvped on consider the other playstyles of those who play the shard, who enjoy seeing things such as that. Not all of us are content on killing dragons, balrons, and elder gazers all day and trying to continue making profits.

I'm Vanette of T-B, and I support this message.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I should also add that the arena would not be "given" to the guild per se, but would be available to the guild to purchase in exchange for a very large amount of resources, as well as a commitment to hold more events.

lazarith
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: [22:54:40] You were kicked by W from #SecondAge ((Nevermore) Brags about willing endagering the live

Post by lazarith »

I would love to have a dueling arena because we all can practice in an enclosed area, simulating or actually having events. Also, mym can be able to host events, which will make it better so there will be more events in genral.

Iam for it 100 percent

lazarith was kicked by W ((Nevermore) Brags about willing endagering the lives of dozens of people and enjoys it)

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

I respect mYm as a guild because they are very skilled at what they do. I also like the events that they host and put the time and effort into holding. They add a certain element to uosa that cannot be ignored. I vote yes.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389