mYm request for town add ons: Duel arena

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should mYm be allowed a duel pit?

YES
58%
NO
42%

Total votes: 89

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: mYm request for town add ons: Duel arena

Post by Ardos »

HI IM MIKE wrote:
Maahes wrote:I personally don't think there needs to be more than two GM made duel arenas on the server. However if one of the guilds that currently has one is not using it to its full potential I would be happy to re-place it to a more deserving town.
I have never seen ACE use theirs.
This may be due to the fact that Ace doesnt leave their keep. How many times have you fought an Ace 1 v 1, ever? Lol Mahees i would love their arena. WE can tear down a house in our village for it.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Wise wrote: no offence maahes but part of the new town rules is that the players decide is it not? and that the GM interaction is made a minimum
I'm not deciding anything at the moment, I was adding an opinion and an Idea to the thread to address some of the issues addressed by some players. Your statement is absolutely true that the players will make the decisions but the system system still needs to be regulated by us as to not overpopulate the server with additions.

"Player towns are meant to be for the players and by the players, this is why staff will no longer make the decisions about who is deserving and who is not. Staff do not build towns, players do."

"These guidelines are subject to change at any time. Staff will still reserve the final say on any decision regarding a guild town receiving any improvements."

These player town rules are very wishy washy if you ask me :/
There are no rules Wise, they are guidelines.

Also guys, please don't let this thread turn into a disaster, constructive opinions and ideas only.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

we need better guide lines :/
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

I would love to improve the guide, start a thread in the suggestion forum with your ideas and we can start working on it.

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

I don't see how this can even be in question. We are, hands down, the most active PvP guild on the server. We host more events than anyone, bar Blackfoot, but he's part machine. We have brought more than 10 highly active players from our previous shard, not to mention several others who play, but are busy with real life. To the people who complain about being PK'd : Well, we have recruited a very select few players from UOSA's playerebase and all the others have come from Defiance. Would you rather there be no action right now? Say what you want, but part of what makes UOSA a great server is that there is a true check and balance. Gold is not easy to come by, so you farm it. However, with good farming locations comes the risk that you'll be met by murderers and the like. That's what makes UOSA like old UO, and that's why it's great. We play our part, and frankly we could have chosen another server, but UOSA had promise and it's worked out for the best. Most of us played DFI for 6+ years before moving here and would not have left had the shard not totally flopped. You can't question our longevity here, you can't question our daily activity, we are generally kind to those we kill (we res and give recall regs etc.) and our presence is felt throughout the shard. This would be a hand-me-out to any other guild, but people are bitter towards us for some reason. I just don't get it.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

Chad-

Post by Chad- »

with great power comes great responsibility

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Let em have it they deserve it.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Downs

Post by Downs »

add a vote option to remove ACE's duel put and give mYm one. they'll certainly make better use of it.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Why do dueling pits have to fall in anyone's jurisdiction? Why don't we vote for public ones instead that would be placed in sceneic areas?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Downs

Post by Downs »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Why do dueling pits have to fall in anyone's jurisdiction? Why don't we vote for public ones instead that would be placed in sceneic areas?

it technically is public, and its a temporary boost in cashflow to the crafting community.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Pat

Post by Pat »

ya its public... thats why they want a key to lock it and to prevent runes from being marked in it.... sounds more like they want to keep it for when they want it used...

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Pat wrote:ya its public... thats why they want a key to lock it and to prevent runes from being marked in it.... sounds more like they want to keep it for when they want it used...
Have you been to a UOSA player run event? It is pretty evident why this measure is requested.

It would be better to just request a function that prevents recalls in the arena during events, but either way, it's pretty clear why any guild would want something like this.

Just imagine the gates and the mayhem others my try to do during an event. That's why I have no interest in hosting a PvP event. It's simply a pain in the ass with the level of jerkdom we have.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Pat wrote:ya its public... thats why they want a key to lock it and to prevent runes from being marked in it.... sounds more like they want to keep it for when they want it used...

read the first post again I said I'm not fussed if that doesn't happen.

Pat

Post by Pat »

Thats not the point... it shows bad intentions.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Pat wrote:Thats not the point... it shows bad intentions.

That doesn't make any sense.