Razor: The server address you entered could not be resolved.

aXe

Re: Razor: The server address you entered could not be resolved.

Post by aXe »

Alright well I will definitely try to make it for 7 PM but tonight might be a busy night for me. As far as the admin thing goes, this is the only account on this computer and it's the administrator account and I also run razor as admin.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

orionsune wrote:I advised him on this already.
orionsune wrote:You can try editing C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and adding an entry as follows;
His response was...
aXe wrote:Cannot create the C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file
Which tells me either his account does not have admin privs, or he did something wrong... in any case, we tried this already.

The really strange part of this, is there actually no DNS activity until after you enter your credentials into the UO login screen, not when pressing Okay on razor. That is what throws me off... you can test this yourself by entering a bogus hostname in razor... uo still opens and asks for credentials, you just get a hang at verifying account is all.
hemporer wrote:This error is strange, even more so that no one has picked up on it. Go to "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" and open it with notepad, see if you find the IP address or hostname for SecondAge in there.
Yeah I picked up on the hosts thing way back in this thread...
Whoa, oblivious or what eh... I even double checked and read every post... guess I shouldn't probably hop on the computer directly out of bed. Sorry about that.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

May also try a reinstall/update of the .Net framework, i think they are on SP2 now.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Hemperor wrote:
orionsune wrote:I advised him on this already.
orionsune wrote:You can try editing C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and adding an entry as follows;
His response was...
aXe wrote:Cannot create the C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file
Which tells me either his account does not have admin privs, or he did something wrong... in any case, we tried this already.

The really strange part of this, is there actually no DNS activity until after you enter your credentials into the UO login screen, not when pressing Okay on razor. That is what throws me off... you can test this yourself by entering a bogus hostname in razor... uo still opens and asks for credentials, you just get a hang at verifying account is all.
hemporer wrote:This error is strange, even more so that no one has picked up on it. Go to "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" and open it with notepad, see if you find the IP address or hostname for SecondAge in there.
Yeah I picked up on the hosts thing way back in this thread...
Whoa, oblivious or what eh... I even double checked and read every post... guess I shouldn't probably hop on the computer directly out of bed. Sorry about that.

LOL naw man, your cool... I prefer to wake and bake and then have a cup of coffee first lol

aXe

Post by aXe »

Amen to the wake and bake!

Derrick, I attempted to install the SP2 but it basically said it was already installed with vista.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

aXe

Post by aXe »

Good news! Was able to login and refresh my houses via another computer, but it's slow and a pain to play UO on so I really want to get this stupid razor thing fixed still!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm really sorry that I can't think of anthing else. Glad you're houses are saved.

Have you hit the Razor Forums?

Are you able to Log In using ConnectUO?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."