No sound at all.

Klaine

No sound at all.

Post by Klaine »

Just got the game up and running again and let me tell you running around in Jhelom brought back some fond memories. However, I don't have any sound... I have music (turned off for vista) but nothing else. I can't seem to find anything about sound vista related or otherwise. Any ideas??

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: No sound at all.

Post by orionsune »

Klaine wrote:Just got the game up and running again and let me tell you running around in Jhelom brought back some fond memories. However, I don't have any sound... I have music (turned off for vista) but nothing else. I can't seem to find anything about sound vista related or otherwise. Any ideas??
I've not ran into any sound problems in Vista either. Right click your volume icon in the system try and click open volume mixer. Do this while the game is running, and UO will have it's own little volume slider in the mixer, make sure the volume for UO is turned up and not muted.

Klaine

Post by Klaine »

Well that wasn't the problem but it did give me an idea. I changed my sound settings to a stereo (vs 5.1) and it works now! Thanks a ton, even though it wasn't the solution.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Klaine wrote:Well that wasn't the problem but it did give me an idea. I changed my sound settings to a stereo (vs 5.1) and it works now! Thanks a ton, even though it wasn't the solution.
Glad I could point you in the right direction. I'm curious though, are you using SPDIF sound output to a digital receiver?