Why is my mouse lagging in UO?

Failivrin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Why is my mouse lagging in UO?

Post by Failivrin »

Why is my mouse "lagging", it floats around like in yelly. Also goes for moving/picking up items. I tried to mix around with the diffrent settings I have found but cant get it to work properly for more then a few seconds after loggin.

I run windows Vista, and I have turned off smart CPU in razor, and I have tried to run mouse both in separate thread and not.

Sometimes the lags lets go for like max 30 seconds and WOW what a difrent gaming experience it becouse, like UO on speed.

Any tips much appriciated :)
Here exists only one rule, do what ever you want, using any means possible, welcome to UOSA.
- Regards, Failivrin aka Kheran, Nazgul, Falasquil

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Why is my mouse lagging in UO?

Post by orionsune »

Let me ask you a few questions.

Have you had this problem previously on other shards or even other games?

Are you using a Keyboard/Video/Mouse switch between two or more computers?

Do you have alot of software running in the background?

Are you using video that is on-board your motherboard or an AGP/PCIe video card?

My only suggestions right now is try and install the latest video card drivers for your PC, reduce the number of programs running in the background, scan your PC for garbage like spyware/malware.

Failivrin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Failivrin »

orionsune wrote:Let me ask you a few questions.

Have you had this problem previously on other shards or even other games?

Are you using a Keyboard/Video/Mouse switch between two or more computers?

Do you have alot of software running in the background?

Are you using video that is on-board your motherboard or an AGP/PCIe video card?

My only suggestions right now is try and install the latest video card drivers for your PC, reduce the number of programs running in the background, scan your PC for garbage like spyware/malware.
This is my first and only shard for years, hasnt played UO since 2002. And no I have no other Issues playing other games that is way more demanding than UO. This is a UO related issue ONLY.

I have no other software running, and the game it self isnt lagging, just the mouse. And Im on a laptop so its an intergrated video card with the correct drivers.

And I have no spyware, scanning twice a week and is fully protected 24/7
Here exists only one rule, do what ever you want, using any means possible, welcome to UOSA.
- Regards, Failivrin aka Kheran, Nazgul, Falasquil

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Just because UO is not demanding on the video card like other games, does not rule out that it could be a video issue. Games use different methods for rendering graphics. UO uses the 2d engine to render graphics instead of the 3d engine. I'm not going to harp on updating your video card drivers since you don't believe that is the issue.

Otherwise you can try this.
Make sure music is turned off.
Open UO.CFG and add (if the setting is not already there);
Mouse=Slow (runs in separate thread)
MouseThread=Fast (can use Fast or Slow for when running mouse in separate thread)

I know you've already done this within the application, but entertain me.