Archery

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sarrano

Archery

Post by Sarrano »

I remember in T2A you could gain archery by just arming a bow and having no arrows. You would just attack someone and let them wrestle you all the way to gm (if they had gm wrestle). They had to be hitting you for you to gain.

I can't find any patch notes as to when this was changed.

Anyone remember this and have any info of when this was changed?

Faust

Re: Archery

Post by Faust »

I remember this bug but can't confirm rather it was fixed before our target date or not.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

I too remember this.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Are you sure it's an OSI bug ?

I remember this bug from Novus Opiate which ran on TUS server.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Sarrano

Post by Sarrano »

Well I did some digging and it looks like it was fixed in January of '99 even though I don't see it listed in the notes.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Batlin wrote:Are you sure it's an OSI bug ?

I remember this bug from Novus Opiate which ran on TUS server.
Yes, the way it worked from my recollection is that the person would hold a bow without any ammo while in combat. The bow wouldn't shoot but a skill check was still made as if it was shooting though. This was just one of those screwed up bugs similar to the craft menu bugs that allowed you to gain simply by opening the menu and not crafting a single item.

I am pretty sure this bug was fixed before thet t2a era though... I tried it out inside of the demo and it didn't work if I am not mistaken.

Sarrano

Post by Sarrano »

Here's where I got the January '99 date from:

http://groups.google.be/group/rec.games ... 6912de87c5

So it was fixed by January 25 1999... They made four patches between Jan 19 and 22nd. It was probably in one of those and they prob just left it off the notes.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

yep. it was OSI and it was fixed.

Another favorite was getting your archery up to 77 or something than equiping a +23 bow and as soon as you gained .1 skill your real skill would go from 77 to 100.

I gm'd archey on my first red harm wand waving archer back in the day this way.... oh the good old days..