Are Efreets fast enough?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Lothain

Are Efreets fast enough?

Post by Lothain »

I have no hard facts about Efreet speed, but I remember them being faster, and this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/199902181015 ... m/hunters/

...makes it seem like they're not quite fast enough. They seem just as fast as air elementals currently.

Now, maybe this is just because we all have faster connections now, but even if that is the case, it raises a more general question: should certain hard and fast aspects of the game (such as monster speed) that are on paper the same as in 1999, be altered to account for the different equipment with which we're playing, and other factors?

Derrick

Re: Are Efreets fast enough?

Post by Derrick »

Lothain wrote:I have no hard facts about Efreet speed, but I remember them being faster, and this link:

http://web.archive.org/web/199902181015 ... m/hunters/

...makes it seem like they're not quite fast enough. They seem just as fast as air elementals currently.

Now, maybe this is just because we all have faster connections now, but even if that is the case, it raises a more general question: should certain hard and fast aspects of the game (such as monster speed) that are on paper the same as in 1999, be altered to account for the different equipment with which we're playing, and other factors?
That's a very good question, and I look forward to hear others thoughts on this. Some monster speeds have been adjusted for feel. Silver serps for example were impossible for me to esacpe on my crappy modem back on 1999. They are escapable here but still very fast. We are aware that some monster speeds are not quite right, but it would be helpful to hear what players have to say about them.

Thanks!

Lothain

Post by Lothain »

At least for my part, I appreciate that Silver Serpents were made faster - it allows me to relive my terror at seeing one, ;). Efreets, though, just don't seem as fast & furious as I remember them. But then again I mostly played my dexxer in those days.

qtip

Post by qtip »

kudos from me too on the silver serpents, i got away from my first encounter but it was close

Efreets:
I took my first trip through Fire here the other night. I have to agree that efreets seem slow to me as well. I remember having a hard time getting away even when they were at half life.

Now to be fair I only recall fighting Efreets in UO:R because thats when finished my first(and last) tamer. I remember because pre-tamer I mostly stuck to Hyloth, Destard 2, and lower Shame for whatever reason. So anyways unless the speed increase came from UO:R I feel efreets could use a small speed boost too.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I was just playing with efreets a little. They are almost as fast as silver serps actually, it's just that they stop to cast. I'm wondering if they are stopping to cast too often when they should be chasing.