Cannot access one of my accounts

Li Meiyang

Cannot access one of my accounts

Post by Li Meiyang »

Actually, the problem is kind of strange. On one of my accounts the UO window just dissappears after I log in the character.

My other two accounts are fine. Just this one, over and over again.

So I'm wondering if it's related to the 3 account limit? I sort of screwed up.

I had one main account then added a second for my GF. Some months ago I started an account with one character, but forgot the username and password. There's like one character on that account that i've barely used.

More recently I needed character slots so I started another account since I couldn't remember the username/password information for the third one.

Now I'm wondering if my latest account is being restricted?

Solution?

Dagon

Re: Cannot access one of my accounts

Post by Dagon »

Even if it were an account limit issue (which it's not), there's absolutely nothing that the server could do to close/hide/disappear your client window on your computer.

Is client.exe still running (in process manager) after this happens? It's not visible in the task bar? What happens to the Razor window?

I don't know of any bad settings in the client's configuration that could cause it, but just for kicks I'd remove the account's folder in UO's directory under Desktop\SecondAge and then try it again....

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Strange. I just found I could log on my other characters on that account.

Just with one character in particular, the UO window disappears after I log him in!

Windows still shows UO and Razor as running, just no window.

I log into the account, click on the character's name -and POOF!

Anyone ever heard of this?

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Dagon wrote: Is client.exe still running (in process manager) after this happens? It's not visible in the task bar? What happens to the Razor window?
Yes, I can see UO on the task bar, just the window disappears, and just with one specific character.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

This was happening over and over again, even after rebooting.

Anyway, I ran a bunch of random macros through razor, then finally his window appeared.

Some weird bug I guess.

He was dead on a ship, which maybe had something to do with it.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

in worst case you can delete that chars desktop folder and that should reset all the settings .. sounds like game windows saved its position outside your normal screen area (for what ever reason)
however do know that deleteing a desktop folder will remove all macros etc ..

however if another char has the same macros set up you can delete the chars desktop folder .. copy the chars folder with same macros rename it chars name and fire up UO .. macros should be intact though some things might have to be reset .

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy