Bring back the 'All KIll" command!!!!

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Bring back the 'All KIll" command!!!!

Post by Hemperor »

It really is bogus to claim Derrick is trying to improve PK gameplay because he won't allow you to have your 50 dragons attack in unison.

There's a reason "all kill" didn't work until after the follower limit.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I assume you guys are referencing the OP, since I've made it clear about 7 times that I agree with the way "all kill" functions here.

I couldn't care less if some WW PK is more powerful if that's in. If he can "all kill", so can I. And dragons, which can't be used by a red, are much better than WW's. And more plentiful. So I'd like to think me and 25 dragons could take down him and 20. Anyways whatever. I can hypothetically fight him on a hypothetical shard with "all kill" some other time.
Pro wrote:You do realize you'd just be getting pkd' by TTstoner 24/7 if all kill worked. I hope you also realize that the playerbase would probably half in a day due to the overpowering of tamers.
You do realize, he was PKing with "all kill" for quite some time before it got fixed. How many people quit after being killed by a tamer PK with 5 WW's? I mean, there's ways around using all kill that are 95% as effective. I'm sure he knows how to use them.
Pro wrote:I also don't really see the logic in you all thinking a template based entirely towards PvM should be able to compete (easily as well) with someone who has all of their skill points based in pvp skills and is probably carrying 60k (average) of loot.
This is so irrelevant to anything in the discussion I'm not even sure what to say.

I do agree with the OP though, in the sense that the few mechanics that don't line up with how I perceive the evidence, in each case would theoretically favor a PKer over a non-PKer. I think it has less to do with a Derrick bias and more to do with PKs whining (and being persistent) more than non-PKs. It is what it is.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Hell no All Kill isn't coming back f* that. I like killing tamers like bonghit when they can't control dragons without the all kill command. And I agree with what Pro said, if that shit does come back people will start leaving. Dragons should only be used for pvm, and pvm protection, not straight up pking that's just some cowardly sh*.

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

Yea I bet you guys love being able to kill tamers as there was no point in time on UO that 1 person could could kill or even really harass a decent tamer. So your getting all your payback in on this shard. Well good for you!! I just wish you would take the time to make a tamer then you would see why we are so upset with all the nerfs done to the dragons. Though I guess you wouldnt know the difference if you didnt have one in UO.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

nightmare wrote:Yea I bet you guys love being able to kill tamers as there was no point in time on UO that 1 person could could kill or even really harass a decent tamer. So your getting all your payback in on this shard. Well good for you!! I just wish you would take the time to make a tamer then you would see why we are so upset with all the nerfs done to the dragons. Though I guess you wouldnt know the difference if you didnt have one in UO.
All tamers do is tame mares and pvm in peace for the most part with their dragons. Tamers are not f*kin pvpers. And that is what the all kill command is all about, the pvp. You can easily handle dragons against some monsters without it man just deal with it.

Pro

Post by Pro »

nightmare wrote:Yea I bet you guys love being able to kill tamers as there was no point in time on UO that 1 person could could kill or even really harass a decent tamer. So your getting all your payback in on this shard. Well good for you!! I just wish you would take the time to make a tamer then you would see why we are so upset with all the nerfs done to the dragons. Though I guess you wouldnt know the difference if you didnt have one in UO.

Mate I helped train a tamer and I've played one it's really not difficult you're just bad at the game.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Pro wrote:

Mate I helped train a tamer and I've played one it's really not difficult you're just bad at the game.
Damnnnnn pro lol

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Hemperor wrote:It really is bogus to claim Derrick is trying to improve PK gameplay because he won't allow you to have your 50 dragons attack in unison.

There's a reason "all kill" didn't work until after the follower limit.
What game were you playing?

All kill worked long before the follower limit and came in right before AOS....i'm pretty sure that a few of us on siege were the reason they put the limit in. We were using wyrms, mares, frenzieds etc and insta killing people.

Also a statement to Pro. What makes you think that someone stocked up and experienced in pking should be a match for someone carrying frigging dinosaurs with magic to protect them? A wizard would stand no chance against a ancient dragon experienced in the art of magic.

Also, if my dragon can 1 v 1 a daemon and it takes like 1 full minute to kill something with more hps. Why doesn't a person with no armor die instantly?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Pro

Post by Pro »

my comment wasn't to do with wizard lore it was to do with gameplay...

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

GuardianKnight wrote: What game were you playing?

All kill worked long before the follower limit and came in right before AOS....i'm pretty sure that a few of us on siege were the reason they put the limit in. We were using wyrms, mares, frenzieds etc and insta killing people.

Also a statement to Pro. What makes you think that someone stocked up and experienced in pking should be a match for someone carrying frigging dinosaurs with magic to protect them? A wizard would stand no chance against a ancient dragon experienced in the art of magic.

Also, if my dragon can 1 v 1 a daemon and it takes like 1 full minute to kill something with more hps. Why doesn't a person with no armor die instantly?
you're absolutely right, a normal character shouldnt be an even match for a tamer with 2 dragons, not even a pvp character. i dont think anybody said that it should.

however, because of the sheer power of the template, it shouldn't be easy to use. if you could use all kill, the potential damage per second to a single individual would be gamebreakingly ridiculous. as it stands, its not difficult at all to defend yourself on a tamer, and that's the way it should be. there's no justification to make it just as easy to offensively kill people.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

A tamer is easy to kill or gate pets out using todays methods. People used to have to keep targetting a dragon to drag it anywhere. Now people use razor macro button tapping and there is absolutely no stopping a pet from being dragged off. This stops any chance of a tamer fighting back and effectively gives 2 + pks a free kill or free retames. In old uo , you could at least have a chance to call pets and escape.

I could even say that the lax use of field spells in open dungeons on tamers without fear of getting counted by 20 people is due to another friend to the tamer , the 15 character multi account and free reign to auto macro while you sleep with no penalty.

Seems like everything our lax rules provide on this server are directly set up to promote pks and push other play styles out.

Tamers give up 3 skills just to drag around monsters that they themselves have to single control per pet to do anything , which makes it a serious pain to use magery skills while making sure said pets aren't lost.

Most tamers die , not because they suck but because they are constantly trying to save their pets to avoid giving you the benefit of gloating about your new trophy locked in your house to retame. And when a pk here takes your pets or kills them, they don't simply take it as a silent win...they are going to make it a point of pushing for public humiliation. So we throw escaping out the window and go into rescue mode and end up dead.

Pks tend to get 3 or 4 people that are people with their own minds ...tamers get 2 or 3 dragons that take up all their time keeping control of. If you think that by casting 1 spell each and chasing someone around is more skillful than coordinating targets by yourself for 3 other crappy AI monsters and coming out alive, then you are mistaken.

We allow quite a few innacurate things here because we are afraid people will leave if they are changed but when it comes to tamers....we don't give them an inch. Not only do we not spare them an inch....we set up people with pitchforks to attack taming everytime it gets mentioned.

In UO, Taming was a very unpopular PvP class.....because the pvpers could barely compete. In UOSA if anything competes with the pvpers, it must be a bug or innacurate.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

a tamer is no less vulnerable than any other character with magery, meditation and magic resist. infact, if you count dragons as defensive tool, then they're alot less vulnerable than other characters.

do you expect to be able to keep control of dragons and keep yourself alive when you're being ganked by 4 pks? it maybe difficult as a tamer to go 1v4 without dying or losing your pets, but its nearly impossible with any other template.

so what is your point exactly? that tamers should be able to fight 1v4 without any problems?

edit: i remember you saying once that you dont even have spell macros on your tamer. if you made macros it might be easier to keep control of your dragons and cast spells at the same time.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Dragons magery skill is clearly to low on spawn. They should be dispelling all the time against summons, I have been killing alot of dragons this past week, I have seen 2 dispel. They should be throwing flamestrikes too.
?

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

nightmare wrote:
Yea I bet you guys love being able to kill tamers as there was no point in time on UO that 1 person could could kill or even really harass a decent tamer. So your getting all your payback in on this shard. Well good for you!! I just wish you would take the time to make a tamer then you would see why we are so upset with all the nerfs done to the dragons. Though I guess you wouldnt know the difference if you didnt have one in UO.

Pro wrote:
Mate I helped train a tamer and I've played one it's really not difficult you're just bad at the game

LMAO have you read any of my post? I have only died once to a pk while I had my drags and farming in the last 8 months as I have a great exit stratigy. The point is I never had to gate out in UO. My only chance on here is to gate. I can handle myself against 1 person and if I get real lucky I might even kill him but he would have to make a major mistake for that to happen. Although it only takes one person to make a tamers life miserable because as soon as you put your drag/drags on someone all they have to do is run a screen away and the drags stop attacking and you have to do it all over again while trying to keep your dragons in your sight and feed so tht they keep listening to you all the while having to worry about spawn. You can say all you want about me and other NOOB tamers but I want to see you use 1 tamer and as many drags as you can handle while farming and let one of us come in on you while you are doing it and see how you do. You want to talk the talk walk the walk!!!
Last edited by nightmare on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

I also think its funny how all of us tamers remember being able to use all kill in t2a. I know we all just have t2a mixed up with other eras. Just funny we all have that problem and the only ones that dont have that problem are people who didnt have them. Like I said befor I have figured out how to farm with the rules we have so I can live with it but it doesnt mean its accurate. I would like to see the drags improved though.