Cannot find my character on a different PC

mither_natchrul

Cannot find my character on a different PC

Post by mither_natchrul »

hello friends, I play T2A in my home PC. I first installed the stygian abyss client from the official UO website, created my account there, and after my trial expired I found your shard. I just downloaded razor and logged on T2A using that same account. My problem is, on my notebook I downloaded the smaller client installer you made avaliable in this site, I can log on my account but I cannot seem to find my character. As I log on second age server, instead of characters list I am getting the "choose profession" screen. Can someone help? thanks in advance

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Cannot find my character on a different PC

Post by Duul al'Vath »

It sounds like you are expecting to find a character that exists on a different shard. Your account here is in no way attached to any other shard.

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black

mither_natchrul

no sir, I am talking about my second age character!

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

did you miss type your account name .. here on UOSA you are allowed up to 3 accounts per ip. Saying this I would like to add that if you mistype your account name while you have one or two accounts set up a third account will be created automatic and thus will have no chars on it thus taking you to the choose profession skill.

Could this be the problem .. Other wise your post does seem a bit jumbled and does lead one to think you have be looking for a char you set up some were else .. So if this doesn't sound like your problem plz repost your problem taking time to make sure all relevent info is displayed in a easily readable way.

Thank Hope this helps

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

after you created the account here did you register it within the time period required with the [auth command sent via email? if not your account and chars were deleted

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dagon wrote:after you created the account here did you register it within the time period required with the [auth command sent via email? if not your account and chars were deleted
no no no no no :)
We will never delete characters or accounts
it must have been a mispelling of account name. If you're unable to find it, page in game from a new/or another account, or contact me in IRC and we'll find it via your ip address
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Dagon wrote:after you created the account here did you register it within the time period required with the [auth command sent via email? if not your account and chars were deleted
I was not aware of this .. I was under impression that staff never deleted accounts for any reason .. and I don't remember what the message that comes up before you do it said . Guess it makes sense and I'll keep in mind ..

edit* Never Mind .. didn't think staff deleted account for anything

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

mither_natchrul

I am sorry sirs, perhaps I wasn't clear. Or perhaps you did not read carefully. Let me explain: on my laptop, I cannot find the toon I play with from my home pc. The account is the same. No misspelling. The shard is the same... Also, I used the auth command and registered correctly. On my home PC I log on the account and select the character, on the laptop I log on the same account and same shard and I get the character creation screen.
I am thinking maybe this has something to do with different versions of UO client. As I wrote before, on my home PC I have the large client and expansions downloaded from the official uoherald website. The installation is over 1GB. On the laptop I just downloaded your small client (300mb). Maybe this is it? Or maybe, I need to copy the character files from my PC to the laptop?
Thanks for your attention.

mither_natchrul

mr. Derrick solved the problem, it was an account misspelling indeed. I thank you

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

mither_natchrul wrote:I am sorry sirs, perhaps I wasn't clear. Or perhaps you did not read carefully. Let me explain:
After several people tried telling you it was a misspelling, you rudely claim we were not reading your post correctly.
mither_natchrul wrote:mr. Derrick solved the problem, it was an account misspelling indeed. I thank you
Then you find out it really was a misspelling. Normally I would let something like this go, but not in this case, I believe you owe everyone an apology not a thank you.