Museum Enhancement Request

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Museum enhancements???

Yes!
28%
No!
9%
Fountain
11%
Benches
8%
Park
6%
Flowers
No votes
Roads
15%
Pond
8%
Hemperor
14%
Other
2%

Total votes: 65

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Museum Enhancement Request

Post by BlackFoot »

The museum has been around along time now! This will be our first request for addition outside of the building.
I dont know how many of you have been by but there is a small house out front here shown in the pictures.
UoH has controlled this house for almost a year. The only reason the house exists is to lock up the land directly at the entrance of the museum. We have done our best to keep it to the side but it is still doesnt really belong :<

We are requesting to have the house removed and a decoration put there in its stead. Such as a fountain or a bench with flowers or anything of the kind.

I have a rough photo-shopped pic below with an example of what we could put there.

If you chose other please say what you think would look good there!

Heres some ideas

Yes
No
A fountain
A sitting area
A garden/Hedges
Roadway/Patio area
Other

(voting poll removed)
Attachments
fountain 2.jpg
fountain 2.jpg (92.79 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
fountian.jpg
fountian.jpg (76.19 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Pristiq

Re: Museum Enhancement Request

Post by Pristiq »

As soon as I can vote, I'm going to vote for a roadway. It'd be cool if you could get an actual road forking off of the one that runs SE of it.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Pro

Post by Pro »

lol "photo-shopped"?

rly???

yes 4 fountain

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i duno why the voting wont work :<

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

its all i get
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Zane

Post by Zane »

I think forums are borked.

There's another poll on the forums that is returning the same message when you try to vote.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Haha I like the second picture very professional. I don't think the poll is working won't let me submit but I vote yes and a fountain would be cool.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Not seeing why you should get special treatment for deciding to spend your time in-game a certain way.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Einstein wrote:Not seeing why you should get special treatment for deciding to spend your time in-game a certain way.
In a certain way that promotes the shard and its community...?

However, I must object to any future additions to the museum until a statue of Hemperor is erected. Indeed, I call on all citizens to boycott the museum until this great miscarriage of justice is corrected. A smaller statue of KINGWONG would also be welcome next to the Hemperor statue.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

How does it promote the shard? Will it be featured on the evening news or become the spokesperson for the community? It's just a fountain.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Einstein wrote:How does it promote the shard? Will it be featured on the evening news or become the spokesperson for the community? It's just a fountain.
Tip to New Players: Learn something about the shard rather than having your first few forum posts make you look petty and foolish. Add-ons are given by the GMs to establishments or groups that are, by general acclamation, thought to the contribute to the shard and its community. Blackfoot and the Museum are widely thought to do so more than any other player or institution.

Also, read posts more carefully.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Blackfoot has been here a long time and has worked hard to create a town, a museum, and hosts many player run events. If anyone deserves it it's him. Hell his museum is even in one of the UOSA banners on the vote topsites which helps promote the shard, if that answers your question.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

chumbucket wrote:
Tip to New Players: Learn something about the shard rather than having your first few forum posts make you look petty and foolish. Add-ons are given by the GMs to establishments or groups that are, by general acclamation, thought to the contribute to the shard and its community. Blackfoot and the Museum are widely thought to do so more than any other player or institution.

Also, read posts more carefully.
Tip to Old Players: You do not need to have been around from day 1 and know the entire history of the server to have an opinion on the value of an establishment or group within it. To me a history museum is useless, my vote would always be 'no' to this or any other establishment/group getting any special treatment. Rewarding people for choosing to spend their in-game time in certain way seems silly to me.

I read your post, you said it would promote the shard and it's community. I don't see how it promotes the shard, nobody who visited this site would even know that such a construct existed, or that it had earned special add-ons, as neither of these is mentioned anywhere on the main page.

I certainly didn't until I saw this thread, and I had no idea about add-ons until I found the one sticky thread in the sub-forum near the bottom of the page that discussed it. An image in a banner on one voting site is pretty small-potatoes, imo.

LifeForce

Post by LifeForce »

Opinion of a new player: @einstein: to me you are trying to make yourself look petty and foolish, - and rly, you ARE good @ this!

give this man his pixels.

or, as even josh put it....

dexter4321 wrote:Blackfoot has been here a long time and has worked hard to create a town, a museum, and hosts many player run events. If anyone deserves it it's him. Hell his museum is even in one of the UOSA banners on the vote topsites which helps promote the shard, if that answers your question.

'nuff said!

Tron

Post by Tron »

Einstein wrote:Not seeing why you should get special treatment for deciding to spend your time in-game a certain way.
shut up now or i'll kill you.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

SHOOPWIN
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS