Looking for ideas for a departure event...

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Looking for ideas for a departure event...

Post by Bigoud »

as good things always come to an end, I shall soon leave

got plenty of houses, rares, gold...

I want to celebrate the good time I had here, and thanks derrick again.

what are you guys thinking of as a cool event ?
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Glarus1

Re: Looking for ideas for a departure event...

Post by Glarus1 »

Bigoud wrote:as good things always come to an end, I shall soon leave

got plenty of houses, rares, gold...

I want to celebrate the good time I had here, and thanks derrick again.

what are you guys thinking of as a cool event ?
Set up an old fashioned scavenger hunt. Have clues in books in various places as people try to decipher the riddle to the next clue. Maybe have some small prizes at each clue that get better the further along you are...

Zane

Post by Zane »

Get the staff to spawn some insane creatures in your houses with the key to the house as loot. Players have to kill the creatures to get the house and its contents (could you imagine fighting balrons or wyrm in a small lol).

Another twist would be to have the house drop with the creatures inside to defend the loot as if it were their stash.

Or if you have a tower... run a tower of death sort of thing where the mobs are throughout the place along with other obstacles. The people will be free to loot, but they have a hard time getting to it/getting out with it (would be cool if you could prevent recalling out).

One final suggestion. Some sort of game/gameshow. Contestant wins, they get to pick a gate. One gate goes to some place desolate. Another goes into the middle of a crazy spawn. The last goes to one of your houses.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Get some heavy stuff, hides work the best, and put 300+ stones worth of it in a bag along with a rare, some weapons, a house deed, or whatever. Drop these bags randomly around the map.

The weight should ensure they don't decay for quite some time, so folks will have plenty of time to find them.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you could friend me to your houses ill refresh and then when you get over wahtever this is you can come back!
sounds like a good event
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

Thanks blackfoot, I really appreciate

However, I feel like I love too much playing UO to continue... :)

This is not helping me moving on in my life.

I have to focus on many others aspects of my life right now and i am tired of camping idocs, playing at work. I know people can prevent themselves and play only during a few hours or respect a schedule. I can't.

I like those ideas of events. I would have to work on it. I assume that the event will be hosted after the holiday period, early january.

i think that about 10 millions should be dropped in goods, cash, and all (not including the unique rare i have, dunno what we can do for this one :))
Yew Bank Mall

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Put everything on a boat. Time the decay of the boat so it is an event. 1 day before the decay of the boat, notify everyone through an SOS that you have been shipwrecked at sea. Players will sail the seas in search of it and hopefully find the treasure before it is too late. For the captain, it has been 13 days at sea and it is already too late. Actually, I was going to use this for my own departure.

or

You can let your boat slow forward in a never ending loop w/ your treasure and torches, and log out viking style.

or

spend it all to purchase a giant statue of derrick that works like a magic 8 ball

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

hehe nice ones :)

i was thinking of spending it all to help the community with something...

like making a bigoud's day where you all get a 10k check per account from me :)
Yew Bank Mall

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Make a Character that looks like Santa, go around on a ship and hand containers out to everyone you see until everything is gone. Play in some aspect that includes the evil reindeer. If you can get some people to help you, you can make ghosts of christmas to watch for those who show a great deal of kindness who would in turn recieve your better gifts.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Pro

Post by Pro »

just don't come back

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

Open random houses throughout the world and place vendors with rares that are extremely cheap, like 1gp per item. Don't put more than one or two on the vendor.

Whoever is lucky enough to run by and find a vendor gets the items.

Downs

Post by Downs »

nickhimself wrote:Open random houses throughout the world and place vendors with rares that are extremely cheap, like 1gp per item. Don't put more than one or two on the vendor.

Whoever is lucky enough to run by and find a vendor gets the items.
something random like this sounds good.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

trash barrel

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

You could just PM random members of the board and tell them to meet you at your house at a certain time, if they show up you give them something. If they don't show, you can tell them what they missed out on.

I'd be kind of sad if I saw a message like this:

Bigoud: It's a shame you didn't show, I had a deed to a castle for you.

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

You could make a donation to the Bloodrock Orcs!!! We could use free equipment and use the gold or rares as prizes for events named after you! (well you gotta get something out of it)

:D No?

I'll tell you what I did when I left Seige. I logged on to a specific area (using several chars prepositioned) and hid items behind trees, houses, in caves and then told the whole shard where to go. I made an RP story about an old man hiding his money because he didn't trust the banks. I put the stuff on Undead lands, near the Shadowclan orcs knowing they'd all attack the scavengers who were looking around. It was chaos and great fun and I had far less wealth to work with.

But anything you do will be right. Just think of what you'd like to see happen and then set it up!