The Untrustworthy world of UO

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
radditz187

The Untrustworthy world of UO

Post by radditz187 »

I will start this off by saying, its my fault. but ofcourse, I think anyone who is nice would try something like this. So this guy is new to the shard right? as I am a little bit myself. I seems legit about where he is coming from too. says he used to play years and years ago and heard this was the one to come too, I have heard this many times and know the plot from here.. but this guy actually seemed to be lost about it truely.. he was fighting at the gy without any Idea about how to macro, get a horse or even what stats to put in where.. I soon relized he needed some help.. so I thought... I have been helping this guy from the bottom up since.. I have watched him build from one guy to 3 to maybe more now. I helped show him where to fight to make money and they even bought him a small house, which he payed off in the weeks to follow after time, and even got to know him more.. I have just helped him put his new house on dagger island awhile back. with this all said.. he has been around me helping and working side by side as a friend for over 3 or more months which made me start to believe you could actually find someone out there who was worth your time to help and feel the achievement of bringing someone else into this place.

I have recently been off for almost a month now, only getting on to UO to renew my houses, I have a house that is public 2story L. he had co-ownership to it... least to say the one person I thought to be worth a !#$^#% would come and unlock everything I have, and take it ALL. I have a nice to CLEAN house. nothing in it...

SO needless to say.. NEVER let someone co-own your house. I dont care if its your best friend or who tells you what.. it will get you in one hell of a position.

and the names of this guy are Vince Glortho, Wassu. he is in a clan named BG... brothers grunt with his IRL nieghbor cador zemeckis . vinces real name is scott and is freind is matt.

before I left for the passed month I helped him one last time to set up a new house on dagger island, its a house with a patio. be my guest and destroy his life
Last edited by radditz187 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strut

Re: The Untrustworthy world of UO

Post by strut »

Do you know it was this dude? Someone could have stealthed in when the door was open, if he was coming and going and cleaned the place out. It's not OSI.

He must have been coming and going to even refresh it right?

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

I ran past this guys house last night, which is a public house. I never see anyone in there, so out of curiosity I decided to go in.

His house LOOKED like it had been ransacked. His back room used to be full of crates and look kind of like a storage facility. Half, if not more of the crates had been taken. All of them were locked down previously, few to none were locked down anymore.

This was definitely the work of a co-owner to his house, not a house looter.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

This is the first time in the history of UO that I have heard of a co-owner doing something like this.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I say we ban co-owners. Who's with me?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

radditz187

Post by radditz187 »

yes im sure it was him if not his freind, whos name I will post shortly on another comp, this one sucks. all was locked down he was able to see into my secure chest and grab my keys to the room and locked boxes I dont quite remember his freinds names... it was cador something. anyways it had to be a co-owner to unlock things. only things that are left is the un needed crates he didnt want and my secure chests that cant be unlocked by a co-owner.... yeah people are no good

strut

Post by strut »

Going from overly trusting to total cynic about "people" won't do you any good tbh, just my opinion. One thing about text communication is it's a tiny bit unnatural in that us humans are, by design, supposed to take in visual and and verbal information in at the same time. Speaking face to face in other words. Teh internets and instant messaging and all that business, its easier and almost more natural to be devious than in person.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Co-owners can friend others to the house as well.
A few questions to ask...
did you inform him of your departure?
had you asked him of any others he may have let in that could have done this to you?
You are seeing red, I understand...but its best to investigate every channel possible before you jump to conclusions.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

:(

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Oh so you are already "setup" on divinity? Always these newb guys come in from other shards come in bash this one and try to get everyone over to their shard where they are already setup...

Maybe this is the reason we never see the newbs in game?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Zane

Post by Zane »

I hope you get VD from the whoring you're doing.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Oh so you are already "setup" on divinity? Always these newb guys come in from other shards come in bash this one and try to get everyone over to their shard where they are already setup...

Maybe this is the reason we never see the newbs in game?
wat

Balanar

Post by Balanar »

Well said strut

Pro

Post by Pro »

Everyone should co own eachother to houses. UO is shit without a little drama