Hello everybody! (A loooong intro)

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Radians

Hello everybody! (A loooong intro)

Post by Radians »

I guess I should introduce myself by now, being that I've been on this server for over a year (414 days today) but humbly admit I'm a noob.. well, maybe a semi-noob.

I was on Lake Superior from 98 up till 01, off and on (on several months, off several months.. just a matter of my own fickleness with video games). Early on my main was Sigurd (a tank) and I had a mule, but after getting pked while out mining I decided to make a pvp mage. I think it was Pat Sajak that inspired me, he had macros like "Let's see those letters Vanna!" just as Corp Por appeared on the screen. Unfortunately, when I returned from a hiatus to start building my mage, Trammel had been invented and any hopes of doing real pvp went down the tubes, as pretty much anyone else reading this already knows.

I stopped playing. I had started college in 02 and had better things to do, but I always wanted to return to play UO. My stepdad still played the official EA-run UO and when I would visit he would show me all the wicked, entirely boring stuff he had collected with his cartographer (he never really subscribed to the pvp aspect of the game). Finally I searched around and found Metropolis. That went well for a couple months until they screwed with the economy and mounts and made it insanely difficult for me to make money. Deleted that account.

About a year ago my stepdad announced to me he was letting all his houses (across three accounts) with the 8+ years of junk drop, as he simply woke up one day and realized collecting pixels on your computer is truly a waste of time. I agreed, but out of sheer curiosity reinstalled UO so I could log on to his account and sift through his houses before they dropped. There were still plenty of my old goodies in there, like the ranger armor that I had before the leather dye tubs, or the bloody bandages that I had sold my Trinsic swamp craphouse for. Didn't even care to rescue them, it was depressing to see how far that game had sunk. Britain was a ghost town and there were neon elves flying around on things that even my vast array of nerdy mythological knowledge couldn't put a finger on. But I do credit that experience for helping me find this place.

I created my main (and only, thus far) char, Asp, over a year ago. I spent a month or so last year working up his skills until my hard drive wiped and left me almost a month without a computer. I didn't log in again until about a month ago, after a buddy who is obsessed with WoW showed me some new video game called dragon age, which looked just like WoW but even more retarded (no offense to any retards out there, it's just a part of my lexicon). But I realized with the winter around the corner, it was time for some gaming. And what better place to come to?

So to sum up this god awfully long-winded intro up, I'm looking forward to getting out there and seeing you all in Britannia/Sosaria/whatever the hell it is.

PS If there is any reputable, semi-reputable, non-reputable or disreputable guilds out there that would have me, let me know. I don't ask for nor even want handouts (I like earning essentially everything myself), just a group to roll with.

romm221b

Re: Hello everybody! (A loooong intro)

Post by romm221b »

I'm in a few guilds spread out across my characters but ill be glad to be your friend.

But on a side note, Dragon Age: Origins is nothing like bullshit WoW and has an amazing storyline and great features.

Its sad that they couldn't have good graphics all the time but the vastness of the game makes up for it.

But anyways i play alot on weekends and holidays so hit me up on irc, im usually in there as Zebulone.

Peace.
[12:40] <Derrick> all healthcare is free in britainnia. I guess it does work in some places.
[12:40] <Layt> boom. health reform in 30 seconds. take a page from Derrick's book obama
My IRC name: Zebulone
My Characters: Zeus,Muay Thai,Rem Jr