Tank-Magehood

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
strut

Tank-Magehood

Post by strut »

I'm looking for some guidance. I got a spare char I was macroing while playing the others. 100 dex/str, gm anat/heal. I was thinking of making a tank mage. I've never regretted making a "dominant" or "popular" template before. People choose these temps for a reason.

Phase 1

I was thinking start with wrestle and swords and keep dex locked at max and use healing skills to keep the npc I'm slappin' alive. Leaving me with...

100 dex/str
gm anat/heal/swords/wrestle/tactics

Phase 2

macro eval int, setting dex to lower and int to raise and do a bit of camping for int gains

100 int/100 str
gm anat/heal/swords/wrestle/tactics/eval

Phase 3

set a macro to cast on myself and that meds when appropriate, finally dropping heal and anat leaving mage/med/eval/resist/tactics/wrestle/swords

Any thoughts? As you can see it's just theory I've never made one.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tank-Magehood

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you have any other openings I wouldn't drop a character that already has GM anatomy and Healing. I would start from scratch myself.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

if u have more than one account, i would run two clients and create a 50/50 healing/anat char to heal ur mage and the npc while ur training swords. it takes like 15k bandages to gm healing so it wouldnt be very economical to just drop the skill.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Do Eval Int last.

No sense doing double damage against yourself, and thus wasting double the healing regs!

But yeah... like they said... if you have a spare character slot, or a spare account, I'd start it from scratch. Tank's aren't that expensive to make, especially if you're happy with 95 resist and are OK with GMing it over time.

Layt

Post by Layt »

Do eval int before resist. It may not be true, but I really feel like resist gains faster the more damage you take.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Layt wrote:Do eval int before resist. It may not be true, but I really feel like resist gains faster the more damage you take.
This is the second post I'm correcting of yours today.

This is absolutely false. They don't gain faster the more damage you take. This is why people can GM Resist in a resist session by having Meteor Storm cast on them and a dozen people around them. They take 1-5 damage each, but GM quite quickly.

Layt

Post by Layt »

Mikel123 wrote:
Layt wrote:Do eval int before resist. It may not be true, but I really feel like resist gains faster the more damage you take.
This is the second post I'm correcting of yours today.

This is absolutely false. They don't gain faster the more damage you take. This is why people can GM Resist in a resist session by having Meteor Storm cast on them and a dozen people around them. They take 1-5 damage each, but GM quite quickly.
-Before you got all high and mighty, you may want to reread the other post.

-'It may not be true' apparently isn't enough of a disclaimer. Next time I'll be sure to use bright flashing letters.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Does eval even affect meteor swarm..have to look in the link I provided here :?
Here is a guide that shows less spells were resisted when casted by a GM eval GM mage at 100 resist, then a 50 and 0 eval mage vs a Gm resistor in every case. Notice the lower level spell differentions.
In my opinion however more spells needed to be cast in order to test this properly.
The chance to resist not the damage done is in question and if eval gives a boost to the caster in this regard. Damage is not a concern in figuring this out.

http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/UOS ... igence.htm

I don't know how this affects gains just giving some facts.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote: Here is a guide that shows less spells were resisted when casted by a GM eval GM mage at 100 resist, then a 50 and 0 eval mage vs a Gm resistor in every case
...except fireball, which is the same, and Ebolt, which was resisted more against a GM eval than a 0 Eval mage.

The sample size there is 15 casts; just ridiculously low for any true testing. They recorded 0 resists altogether for anyone with 50 resist! And that's across 45 casts (against 0, 50, and 100 Eval).

also:
DIRECT DAMAGE SPELLS:

(Including: magic arrow, harm, fireball, lightning, energy bolt, explosion, chain lightning, meteor swarm, flamestrike, and Earthquake)
Here is an outline of how spell damage is calculated:

Actual_Damage_done = (Base_Spell_Damage - 50% [if Resisted]) + Eval_Intelligence_Damage_Modifier
According to that page, it is impacted by Eval. Although, Earthquake shouldn't be on that list.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

E-bolt was resisted 6 times at 50 eval 4 at GM
Fireball was resisted 8 times at 50 eval 5 at GM
both against one with GM resist.

Kind of too close to call...but it was a trend of being resisted less at GM levels in Eval.

Layt

Post by Layt »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:E-bolt was resisted 6 times at 50 eval 4 at GM
Fireball was resisted 8 times at 50 eval 5 at GM
both against one with GM resist.

Kind of too close to call...but it was a trend of being resisted less at GM levels in Eval.
Is this an out of 10 test? Because of variance, 10 test cases isn't nearly enough to truly be accurate. The more test cases, the more you rule out variance.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

15 times casting...its on one of the charts on that link I gave.

Layt

Post by Layt »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:15 times casting...its on one of the charts on that link I gave.
Ah I see that now. 15 test cases is still way too small a dataset to make any sort of qualitative analysis. Id really like to see that test repeated with 100 cases and hear the results!

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Layt wrote:
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:15 times casting...its on one of the charts on that link I gave.
Ah I see that now. 15 test cases is still way too small a dataset to make any sort of qualitative analysis. Id really like to see that test repeated with 100 cases and hear the results!
1000*

100 is also too small.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Layt

Post by Layt »

Pristiq wrote:
Layt wrote:
1000*

100 is also too small.
In true statistics, 1000 is still too small. For any SERIOUS QUANTITATIVE analysis, you really need in the range of hundreds of thousands. When you're making an analysis on a video game though, you can draw the line pretty much wherever you want (just not 15)